First Avenger Should Hitler be in First Avenger: Captain America?

I Think they should just talk about him and keep focused on red skull

I don't know, maybe an opening introduction text or reference or something, I just don't think they could have Hitler in the movie without making it unbearably cheesy.
Unless they get Bruno Ganz. :)

Having Hilter featured prominently would overshadow the Red Skull. He should be mentioned a few times, maybe even be featured for a short cameo, but nothing more.

Having Hilter featured prominently would overshadow the Red Skull. He should be mentioned a few times, maybe even be featured for a short cameo, but nothing more.

I'm agree. But in the old Tales of Suspense adventure I remember one brief and great sequence with Hitler drawn by Kirby, when he see a young Red Skull and choose him. I love this sequence.:yay:

Last edited:
kirby_hitler.jpg

Last edited:
It's WWII....of course there should be references to Hitler....he can even have a small part (like in Indy)....but he shouldn't be the main focus.

Agreed. Showing Hitler is not that important anyway since he's really only an idealistic enemy and a symbol for the Nazis. For Cap, the Red Skull is the real threat as he is carrying out Hitler's ideaology, thus all focus should be on him.

yeah. something like how much he was in the indiana jones movies. have him just being mentioned, and if he is ever on screen make it like a few minutes at best.

Old stock footage would work well. I personally would like to see him in the film a few times with the Red Skull

Rage

Eh, a little Hitler couldn't hurt.

I like the idea of just a cameo. Have Red Skull leave a room after just meeting with him and he can be seen while the door is open. It shows you that Skull is very high up without really having to use Hitler

He should certaimly be mentionned but in no way a main character.

Hitler is the man behind the creation of the Red Skull. For me should be a main character at the beginning.

Hitler needs to be in it for at a bit for a flash back to him selecting the Red Skull, and of course, to help set the period for the audience. I wouldn't say he needs to be prominently in it, but he needs at least one or two brief showings

I wish to revise my vote. Now I think about it, Hitler would be impressive in a Captain America film but mostly in a ceremonial way (seeing him give speechs etc) to set the scene and to show what Captain America is fighting for. I think thats the best way to get international audiences interested in Captain America not only as a movie but as a character.

Hitler should be in it; not as a main character but in more of a cameo type of role (like in Indy 3).

he must deliver the line:
"I could teach that bellboy to do better!"

I truly hope that the Red Skull is NOT a bellboy (although that is his origin) I liked the 90's movie version of his origin (where he is a failed attempt at the SSS which is later perfected and creates Captain America)

hmm.. if Cap can have a scene where he gets to punch Hitler, that would be good...

I'd say just do something like showing a real clip of Hitler on someone's TV. Have a few references maybe but that's about the extent I would go

or Maybe have a scene where Cap is being shown (during a briefing) photographs of Hitler and The head of his "shadow cabinet" (Red Skull). Cap's commanding officers could be giving him what little (even rumored) info (like him being a bellboy who was made into the ultimate nazi on Hitler's whim) they have on this Dangerous Individual, whom they reason, is giving the Nazi's all the strategic and secret military advantages they have. I think it might work best to have Hitler shown interacting with the Skull in doctored photos.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"