The Amazing Spider-Man 2 Should Norman Osborn become a Goblin?

BenKenobi

Civilian
Reaction score
It's pretty clear Harry is the one who becomes the Green Goblin this time around, because of this a lot of people have been speculating what Norman will be like when he takes up the mantle. Well who says he's even going to become the Goblin at all?

Correct me if I'm wrong, but Norman hasn't been the Green Goblin for the better part of the last decade. He's become Marvels answer to Lex Luthor more or less, and has drifted away from the troubled industrialist he was portrayed as in the 60s/70s. While the Raimi film portrayed him pretty close to his origins, the last flick made him out to be an ominous shadowy boogeyman. Chris Cooper also said this universe will have it's own incarnation of the character, so I have a feeling we're going to be getting something completely original for the character.

What would your guy's thought be if they did away with the characters Goblin roots?

Um... hmm... let me think.

Daniel_Bryan_YES.gif

He is the true Green Goblin, like Slim Shady all the rest are imitators.

Um... hmm... let me think.

Daniel_Bryan_YES.gif

He is the true Green Goblin, like Slim Shady all the rest are imitators.

I completely agree but realistically I can't see it happening if Harry is truly the Goblin in the upcoming film. Perhaps he could be the ultimate hulk-out Goblin but otherwise I don't see the studio green lighting two back to back Green Goblins. I have a feeling either there's going to be some shocking twist that puts him in the role at the end of the film or he's going to be the man in the shadows from the last one.

Remember this?, this may be the chamber where the glider is taken or the Oz formula, Dane´s T-shirt before transformation and a gun to protect himself
Day 73: "The Future"
BKpRW8lCUAApr9s.jpg

AjWGEEK.png

23019_big.jpg
-What´s all this?
-The Future

it just seems almost a certainty that norman will be green goblin in tasm3

chris cooper "will lead to something more"
harry has incomplete suit - foreshadowing
peter's powers didn't alter his appearance - this is the mark of perfected cross-species science, and this is what norman is striving for (also what connors was striving for)
harry's appearance does change
you don't cast chris cooper only for him to be in a bed and die, never to be seen again, after 5 minutes of screen time

it just seems almost a certainty that norman will be green goblin in tasm3

chris cooper "will lead to something more"
harry has incomplete suit - foreshadowing
peter's powers didn't alter his appearance - this is the mark of perfected cross-species science, and this is what norman is striving for (also what connors was striving for)
harry's appearance does change
you don't cast chris cooper only for him to be in a bed and die, never to be seen again, after 5 minutes of screen time
This.

That's why I'm not worried about Harry's appearance in this movie. It gets the job done.

I really doubt they do two Goblins again...and if Gwen does die in this then they definitely won't.

Hell no. Part of the beauty and uniqueness that comes with Norman is that he is essentially two villains into one: he is the Green Goblin and Norman Osborn. Many fans even describe him as Lex Luthor and Joker wrapped into one (though I personally disagree with that comparison but I can kinda see where the idea comes from). Take that away and not only you take away from his complexity as a character, but you also make him more generic. How many evil genius "mastermind behind the plot" businessmen are there already in both Marvel and DC? Plus, how would that make him different than Lex Luthor to the general audience? And on top of even that, we've already had Norman as the evil genius "mastermind behind the plot" businessman in TASM 1 and (presumably) in TASM 2. There is no reason as to why we shouldn't build on that even more and add even more dimensions to the character of Norman Osborn like in the comics.

I think Norman Osborn will become the Green Goblin, though it probably won't happen until the third film. I could see Norman Osborn stepping up to be the main villain of Amazing Spider-Man 3, where you could do the "Death of Gwen Stacy" arc. I would also introduce Otto Octavius as one of Osborn's right-hand men, have him become Doctor Octopus, and introduce any other villains you might need for the Sinister Six, like Vulture.

At the end of the film, I'd wrap up the trilogy story by having Norman Osborn's Green Goblin be defeated by Spider-Man, probably killed. And somewhere in that mix have Octavius betray Osborn, possibly flee Oscorp with a bunch of key research files or whatever. And then have a post-credits sequence where we see Doctor Octopus has gathered what will become the Sinister Six.

And then Amazing Spider-Man 4, the last part in the series, is Spider-Man VS The Sinister Six.

Maybe maybe

Thinking about it

Considering it

Well, why not, he is the ultimate nemesis of Spider-Man

It's like asking question should Joker be in Batman movie... Stupid question.

Since almost all the villains are adapted from the ultimate universe I fear we're getting a more hulking goblin with Norman. Maybe even him leading the Six, again like in the ultimate comics, which is not that good for the character. I think this proto-goblin that is Harry is in a way to please fans, so they could use the ultimate one for diversity.

i think norman osborn will be a villain in TASM3 as we haven't seen cooper play osborn properly yet, we will most likely see abit of it in TASM2 as an introduction as cooper called it, but in TASM3 i suspect we will see him as a live and well norman osborn so i don't think we will be there JUST to be green goblin but at the same time i do think he will be green goblin

also i don't think sony or cooper would appreciate him being stuck in make up through out but chances are he will be green goblin

Well we do know for certain that Norman is returning for the next movie, and he said it himself. I doubt they hired a brilliant actor like Chris Cooper to play a dying man who passes away only after a small introduction, never to be seen again.

Norman Osborn will return.

Who was it on here that confirmed Doc Ock's tentacles were in the movie? Way back when...

I don't think Harry is the Green Goblin, I think hes just a proto goblin and Norman will indeed become the Green Goblin

Well we do know for certain that Norman is returning for the next movie, and he said it himself. I doubt they hired a brilliant actor like Chris Cooper to play a dying man who passes away only after a small introduction, never to be seen again.

Norman Osborn will return.

Even if he never turns into the Green Goblin, Norman is still very much The Goblin if you get what I mean. Espically if hes controlling Harry to do what he wants, when Harry is the Goblin

I think Norman Osborn will become the Green Goblin, though it probably won't happen until the third film. I could see Norman Osborn stepping up to be the main villain of Amazing Spider-Man 3, where you could do the "Death of Gwen Stacy" arc. I would also introduce Otto Octavius as one of Osborn's right-hand men, have him become Doctor Octopus, and introduce any other villains you might need for the Sinister Six, like Vulture.

At the end of the film, I'd wrap up the trilogy story by having Norman Osborn's Green Goblin be defeated by Spider-Man, probably killed. And somewhere in that mix have Octavius betray Osborn, possibly flee Oscorp with a bunch of key research files or whatever. And then have a post-credits sequence where we see Doctor Octopus has gathered what will become the Sinister Six.

And then Amazing Spider-Man 4, the last part in the series, is Spider-Man VS The Sinister Six.

:applaud I very much like this idea, and I really think having Ock betray Osborn would be fantastic

In answer to this thread:

Should Gwen Stacy be blonde?

...The answer is yes...

Even if he never turns into the Green Goblin, Norman is still very much The Goblin if you get what I mean. Espically if hes controlling Harry to do what he wants, when Harry is the Goblin
Yeah I agree. That's why I just like referring to Harry as "The Goblin."

Perhaps Norman will be believed to be dead in this film, and he will return in the third film as "Green Goblin," but it will be a surprise or big reveal to Peter. That way they could do a re-interpretation of "The Amazing Spider-Man #39-40."

Yeah I agree. That's why I just like referring to Harry as "The Goblin."

Perhaps Norman will be believed to be dead in this film, and he will return in the third film as "Green Goblin," but it will be a surprise or big reveal to Peter. That way they could do a re-interpretation of "The Amazing Spider-Man #39-40."

I really think that would be cool, but what would be even better imo is if Harry died while fighting Spidey, Norman fakes his death. Then the Man in the Shadow takes over Oscorp and all of a sudden the Goblin returns and has a death wish for Spidey because its really Norman and wants revenge for harry. Eventually he kills Gwen and we learn its Norman. Also I want Norman's Goblin to be really gruff so to speak and not lanky like Harry, but strong> Also wearing a hood to cover his face so no one knows it him

I wonder if they are going to Ultimate Six route and trying to make Spider-Man one of the members. He is a cross-species, so perhaps the Gentleman wants him on the team?

I wouldn't want that, but it would free the writers of one less character they have to introduce and develop.

I want him to have this size
GGNewWeb.gif
And have armor like here
2136285-greengoblin.jpg

Here's the thing: if Norman becomes Green Goblin, you want him to be the center of attention.

When you are doing the Sinister Six, Doctor Octopus is the villain you're looking at, so I think Norman needs to be the main villain of his own movie. Perhaps the Sinister Six won't come until the fourth installment?

I wonder if they are going to Ultimate Six route and trying to make Spider-Man one of the members. He is a cross-species, so perhaps the Gentleman wants him on the team?

I wouldn't want that, but it would free the writers of one less character they have to introduce and develop.

What exactly is the purpose of the Ultimate 6? I'm not really all that caught up on the Ultimate series I usually only read TASM comcics

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"