Sequels Plan out the sequels to Amazing Spider-Man

It is nice to see new villains,but you can't leave out Goblin,Venom or Ock(although Molina did such a good job in part 2 that I don't really need to see Ock again) from the series. They are Spidey's biggest villains. It's like doing a Batman series without Joker.

Doc Ock wouldn't fit in this series at all. I suppose they could introduce him as one of the scientists at Oscorp, but I wouldn't expect him to transform in to Doctor Octopus in this trilogy. It would probably happen afterwards.

What i hate about all the big screen adaptations thus far is that everyone of them has known that Peter Parker was Spider-Man. What made GG and a few other Spidey villains dynamic is that only of a handful of them knew his secret identity, and could mess with him as both Parker and Spider-Man. The movie versions of all the villains thus far, have taken this unique angle away....

What i hate about all the big screen adaptations thus far is that everyone of them has known that Peter Parker was Spider-Man. What made GG and a few other Spidey villains dynamic is that only of a handful of them knew his secret identity, and could mess with him as both Parker and Spider-Man. The movie versions of all the villains thus far, have taken this unique angle away....

I'll agree.

Green Goblin didn't know he was Spider-Man until the last 30 minutes of Spider-Man 1.
Doc Ock didn't know Peter was Spider-Man until the last 10 minutes.
Sandman found out at the very end.
Venom obviously found out (he is supposed to).
Harry... he doesn't count.

Green Goblin didn't know he was Spider-Man until the last 30 minutes of Spider-Man 1.
Doc Ock didn't know Peter was Spider-Man until the last 10 minutes.
Sandman found out at the very end.
Venom obviously found out (he is supposed to).
Harry... he doesn't count.

I've always thought that the way Goblin found out about Peter being Spider-man was a bit silly(he has a cut just like Spider-man!),but whatever. Venom is the only one who should've known from the very start,but if every other villain could find that out then it(sadly)didn't make Venom as big a threat as he should've been. The fact is,no matter how late in the film they found out,they still found out. But I guess that goes with the arguement that Spidey never kept his mask on. It reminds me of the first Batman series how everyone always found out Bruce was Batman. lol Their identities are the most important and shouldn't be revealed at the drop of a hat! But...it happens in almost every film.

I don't see why Green Goblin discovering Peter's identity with the cut was silly. Earlier he went into Peter's room, heard blood hit the ground and looks up to find no one there. Shortly before this scene, he encountered Spider-Man in the burning building, where his arm was cut with one of the razor bats. When he sees him at the dinner table, Peter has a fresh cut in the same exact location, and made a stupid lie about it. Put the puzzle pieces together, he is Spider-Man.

I don't see why Green Goblin discovering Peter's identity with the cut was silly. Earlier he went into Peter's room, heard blood hit the ground and looks up to find no one there. Shortly before this scene, he encountered Spider-Man in the burning building, where his arm was cut with one of the razor bats. When he sees him at the dinner table, Peter has a fresh cut in the same exact location, and made a stupid lie about it. Put the puzzle pieces together, he is Spider-Man.

My bad. For some reason I forgot about the scene in Peter's room and the blood drip.Sorry about that. But it still annoyed me that every villain always found out who he was.

It's okay. :)

Didn't Green Goblin find out who Spider-Man was in the comics?

It's okay. :)

Didn't Green Goblin find out who Spider-Man was in the comics?

Cool. :yay:

Well,he did. But it's been a while since I read the older issues. But didn't the Goblin discover that years after his creation? In the original movie he finds out about,I'm guessing 70-75% into the movie? I wish they would let that drag out a bit,but if the Goblin was gonna die then I suppose having him find out in part 1 was bound to happen.

Yeah, the thing is when it comes to a movie, the ball has to get rolling a lot sooner. Its hard to translate stories that developed over YEARS into one film. It made sense that the Green Goblin found out when he did.

That's one thing I like about the new franchise, that there is more planning for future films. Spider-Man 1 ended, and there didn't seem to be much planning for sequels. If there was no Spider-Man 2, then it wouldn't have been as much of a deal as there being no TASM2.

I do like leaving things unanswered,or characters still alive and kicking for future films. One thing I wish they did with Venom in Spidey 3.

ASM2 2014
Rhino
(Osborn's robotically enhanced henchman)
Electro
(Electrician employed with Oscorp)
Aunt May financial troubles, Peter gets job at Bugle
resolution of Uncle Ben's killer, Spidey kills burglar?
exposition of Norman Osborn, origin of Green Goblin
Midtown High graduation.
Intro: J. Jonah Jameson, Betty Brant, Norman Osborn, Harry Osborn, Mary Jane Watson

ASM3 2016
Vulture
(attacks Spidey or Osborn)
Green Goblin
(crazed superhuman in costume with glider, no robosuit)
Peter starts college. Flash enters military.
Tease black suit. Rivalry between Eddie and Peter introduced
Resolution of Peter Parker's parents/untold story
Death of Gwen Stacy on bridge, disappearance of Green Goblin
Oscorp defeated
Intro: Eddie Brock

Venom 2017
Spidey dons black suit/symbiote (voice acting/CGI and stunts)
Eddie Brock takes over black suit
Spidey fights Venom
suit reproduces and finds Cletus Kasady host to form Carnage
Spidey and Venom team up VS Carnage
symbiote/suit locked up. Flash Thompson Venom teased.

ASM4 2018
Mysterio and Chameleon
(actor and special effects expert crime duo. work for mysterious "Master Planner")
MJ-centric film, showing her acting talents and developing her and Peter's feelings.
Chameleon locked up, Mysterio escapes.

ASM5 2019
Kraven
(Sergei Kravinoff comes to hunt Spidey/free his brother?)
Black Cat
(Spidey turns Felicia from a life of crime)
College graduation, career pathing (teacher, CSI, w/e)
Flash reunion, legs lost in battle, introduces to Betty
Tease/Origin Doc Ock
Intro: Felicia Hardy/Black Cat

ASM: Sinister Six 2020 (AG is 36)
Spidey fights Doc Ock one on one
Dr. Octavius meets Aunt May
Reveal Doc Ock as Master Planner
Doc Ock leads Sinister Six: Mysterio, Electro, Kraven, Rhino, Vulture

Spidey and Black Cat VS
MJ and PP get married (MJ preggers? Tease spider-girl?)

Further Sequels/Spinoffs:

Venom 2
Flash Thompson
"black ops" Venom owned by the government
married to Betty, villain ideas: Spider-Island, Anti-Venom

Spider-Girl
"Mayday" Parker
daughter of Peter and MJ
Villain: Hobgoblin/Shocker

Spider-Man 2099
Miguel O'Hara
unlocks genetic code to be Spider-Man
Villain: Silvermane? Scorpion 2099

Last edited:
So, it seems that since Electro is the main villain for TASM2, that Green Goblin will appear in the third film, which is when Gwens death will happen.

Does this rub anyone else the wrong way? To end a trilogy will the death of a main character? That just seems so...stupid.

What are they thinking with this series? ARE they thinking?

Well, considering ASM2 is not out yet, and the villain for 3 is not verified, nor is the time of the death of Stacy... isn't it fair to say you're thinking too far ahead to be complaining? I mean, how can you say that since Electro is in ASM2, then GG is the villain in 3, and Stacy will be killed?

I'm just speculating with the information given. It's just strange how they keep saying they've got "everything planned out", yet are obviously flying by the seat of their pants ("Maybe there'll be three films, maybe four...").

Series like Harry Potter could pull it off because they already had 7 pre-written stories they knew they were going to follow and a predetermined goal. This series isn't like that. It just seems dumb and incompetent when, with a superhero series like this, you can't complete a character/story arc in three films (three act structure).

True, I do suppose they will want to fit the Goblin in, but will obviously not be really in the second one. And I do agree about the thing with the number of movies. I even heard that they may make six, said by someone who was working on the film.

However many films there end up being, I hope they can keep the same cast and improve/maintain the quality throughout.

I'm just speculating with the information given. It's just strange how they keep saying they've got "everything planned out", yet are obviously flying by the seat of their pants ("Maybe there'll be three films, maybe four...").

Series like Harry Potter could pull it off because they already had 7 pre-written stories they knew they were going to follow and a predetermined goal. This series isn't like that. It just seems dumb and incompetent when, with a superhero series like this, you can't complete a character/story arc in three films (three act structure).

You are free to speculate, but you have no basis for claiming they are "flying by the seat of their pants." The only official statement on the amount of films has been that it will be at least a trilogy. Other than that you have no clue how much of the series they have or have not written, or how well it was written. If you want to believe that a character arc literally cannot be done in 3 films thats your prerogative (I happen to agree when it comes to Peter/Spidey but not Gwen Stacy, for her three films is plenty). If you want to believe a film series can't successfully kill off a main character in the third film, also your prerogative.

But your argument about the production team not knowing what they are doing is quite inane. Unless you are involved in the production, which i doubt.

However many films there end up being, I hope they can keep the same cast and improve/maintain the quality throughout.

This is not only a far more optimistic/positive outlook on the franchise but also quite a bit more reasonable. I also hope the quality improves. I believe they are off to a great start, and they should keep it up.

I won't complain about recasting minor roles, I'd prefer them at least get through Oscorp before recasting any major roles (which so far I hope they do not do)

TASM2:
Villains:
Rhino, Electro, possibly Harry
Key Plot Points:
-Peter has been Spidey for a couple months now and is preparing for graduation
-Harry is introduced as Peter's old friend in the same way Brock was from the Ultimate comics
-Peter learns more about what happened to his parents and their relationship to Norman through Harry
-The symbiote is introduced as an organic suit made from Richard Parker and Norman's DNA which was meant to help cure Norman of his illness. It did not work as the organism did not accept their DNA. We see a scene of Peter and Harry discovering it similar to the Ultimate comics of Brock and Peter
-Betty Brant is introduced but we don't see Peter actually start working at the Bugle
-MJ and her father move next door to Peter and he puts off meeting her a few times but she shows up at his door step. She is more similar to her Ultimate portrayal than 616. She ends up going to Peter's high school.
-Rhino will be the result of stolen tech from Oscorp possibly related to Max Dillon's research, and Dillon will help Spidey defeat Rhino
-Dillon somehow gets involved in a bioengineering experiment, possibly because of Rathsa, which results in him gaining his powers
-Peter's suit gets destroyed fighting Electro and he has to make a new one which will look more like the classic suit, the rationale will be a suit which can conduct electricity and a pair of new lenses that will protect his eyes. He will also develop new webshooters and fluid that are better equipped to take on lightning
-We eventually learn that Norman was just using Electro to get a sample of Peter's DNA
-Gwen will be the typical love interest support while all this is going on and may help him figure out a strategy to defeat Electro
-Peter, Gwen, and MJ graduate at the end of the film
-Adrian Toomes is introduced

TASM3:
Villains:
Vulture, Harry, Norman (both Goblins)
Key Plot Points:
-Film starts out with Peter, Gwen, MJ, and Harry attending ESU. It has been about a year since he's become Spider-Man
-Peter finally starts working at the Daily Bugle as a web master for their website on top of providing pictures of Spider-Man
-Gwen and MJ are pretty much best friends but we see that MJ and Peter have a lot in common. Him and Gwen are still going strong though
-Harry and MJ are dating
-Peter meets Norman in this film
-Vulture will be relatively minor villain and will be used by Norman for his anti gravity technology
-Norman and his head scientist Otto Octavius are using Peter's DNA to perfect the symbiote: they call the formula this creates OZ
-Harry gets involved somehow and drinks to the OZ formula. This turns Harry into the first Goblin.
-Due to the OZ, Harry has become increasingly ill-tempered and violent, which results in MJ breaking up with him
-Peter defeats Harry, but Goblin shows up again, confusing Peter and making him think it's Harry again
-Due to the OZ making Norman insane, he targets Peter's loved ones. He ends up killing Gwen
-This sends Peter into a rage which results in Norman's death
-We see MJ console Peter at the end and they grow closer, thus beginning their budding romance

The Spectacular Spider-Man trilogy:
This will be the symbiote trilogy. The symbiote will bond with Peter and he will wear the black suit for two films before taking it off at the end of the second. I say go this route because it would be a nice way of adapting the fact that in the comics Peter wore the symbiote for four years worth of issues. We'll see him become edgier and edgier throughout the two films. This trilogy will also use Doc Ock and the Sinister Six as villains. Doc Ock is introduced in the first film, and then he becomes the Master Planner and assembles the Sinister Six in the second. In the third film we get a full Venom movie, dedicated entirely to Venom vs. Spidey. Black Cat will also be introduced during this.

Last edited:
You are free to speculate, but you have no basis for claiming they are "flying by the seat of their pants." The only official statement on the amount of films has been that it will be at least a trilogy. Other than that you have no clue how much of the series they have or have not written, or how well it was written. If you want to believe that a character arc literally cannot be done in 3 films thats your prerogative (I happen to agree when it comes to Peter/Spidey but not Gwen Stacy, for her three films is plenty). If you want to believe a film series can't successfully kill off a main character in the third film, also your prerogative.

But your argument about the production team not knowing what they are doing is quite inane. Unless you are involved in the production, which i doubt.

This is not only a far more optimistic/positive outlook on the franchise but also quite a bit more reasonable. I also hope the quality improves. I believe they are off to a great start, and they should keep it up.

I won't complain about recasting minor roles, I'd prefer them at least get through Oscorp before recasting any major roles (which so far I hope they do not do)

I'm not involved in production and never claimed to be(?) I'm speculating and judging by the sloppy, thrown-together final product we got, which was ASM. This movie showed me that they don't seem to know what they're doing or how to go about it despite all the buzzwords and propaganda that the studio throws out to make the fanboys drool. So my speculations aren't baseless.
At this point, I'm wary of any propaganda that someone like Avi Arad spews out about how wonderful their product is. So while I may be a bit premature, it's no different from the premature speculations of the overly optimistic fanboys excitedly speculating that there will be six + movies with the sinister six and carnage, blah blah blah, etc...

The franchise is off to an OK start. But yeah, I want to be optimistic. Just because I'm critical of ASM, doesn't mean I don't want this series to be successful.

I'm not involved in production and never claimed to be(?) I'm speculating and judging by the sloppy, thrown-together final product we got, which was ASM. This movie showed me that they don't seem to know what they're doing or how to go about it despite all the buzzwords and propaganda that the studio throws out to make the fanboys drool. So my speculations aren't baseless.
At this point, I'm wary of any propaganda that someone like Avi Arad spews out about how wonderful their product is. So while I may be a bit premature, it's no different from the premature speculations of the overly optimistic fanboys excitedly speculating that there will be six + movies with the sinister six and carnage, blah blah blah, etc...

The franchise is off to an OK start. But yeah, I want to be optimistic. Just because I'm critical of ASM, doesn't mean I don't want this series to be successful.

I'll compromise with you and say the franchise is off to a "good" start. Maybe not great lol. But I respect that you say you want it to be successful.

Quite a while ago, Webb said his favorite villains were GG, Kraven and Mysterio. He also mentioned Electro. Obviously we're getting him in TASM2, so I'm hoping we see Mysterio in TASM3. He's one of my favorite villains and like Electro, visually appealing.

I'd also love, love, love to see Shocker. I just think he's a badass. I would like to see him similar to Deathstroke in the tv series, Arrow. Mercenary like.

probably won't happen but i want a Hobie Brown appearance played by Donald Glover. Have it a cameo with something like TSSM.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kathielee
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"