The Dark Knight Should Selina Kyle/Catwoman be in BB2 or 3?

Doc Holliday

I'm your huckleberry
Reaction score
Well, there has been lots of discussion about this in one of the other threads, so I figured we might as well give it it's own thread.

Should Selina Kyle and/or Catwoman be in one of the upcoming BB sequels? Why or why not?

And if you say yes, who should play her?

Probably BB3. 2 already seems a bit too croweded to include her. Although at this stage, what do I know.

Oh, and Beckinsale.

Okay, I'll bite. Why not?

I know they're* always mentioned for every female role that's mentioned, but while they may be insanely overrated, all of them are solid actresses.

*minus Kidman and Russo...I don't think anyone's suggested them for the role.

Majik1387 said:
Yes for Selina Kyle but not yet for Catwoman. As far as casting goes; No to Lilly(In fact no one from Lost), Beckingsale, Portman, Jolie, Theron, Johanssan, Sossamyn, Russo, and Kidman. I know there's more but those are the actresses that need to stop being considered because none of them would work.

Kidman was already Chase Meridan in "Batman Forever" I think we should keep her out of another Batman movie even though her character was really done and we almost got into the whole psychy of Batman.

i don't think 2 since we'll see the Joker AND Harvey Dent......maybe 3 when we see Two Face.

i might get slammed for this, but i'm just throwing a suggestion out there...

eva-longoria-2-gm_l1.jpg

...think she could work?

Selina/Catwoman definately needs to be in at least one of the sequels. And I say the perfect lady for the job is Kate Beckinsale!

Majik1387 said:
Beacause:

Lilly-No one from Lost belongs in a Batman movie. Or any superhero movie.
Beckingsale-She's overrated.
Portman-Just no.
Jolie-Way too big of a star and as much as people will disagree it will overshine the character.
Theron-I'll deal with her but I really don't want her. I think she's overrated.
Johanssan-Beautiful and great actress but too young.
Sossamyn-Bad actress.
Russo-20 years older than Bale. I, and I'm sure others, don't want Batman being like Ashton with Demi.
Kidman-Batman Forever.
Eh, most of them are just based on your own personal likes and dislikes.

You have a definite point with Russo and Kidman, but like I said, no one's really suggested them anyway.

I say we see Selina in a small role in 2. . maybe that Year One hooker route for one of the mob bosses. Or, someone Bruce meets and is tantalized by at a function or something.

In 3, she can be Catwoman, maybe. We might be too worried about Joker and Two-Face in that one.

For now, stick with Rachel as the main female. I dig continuity.

Majik1387 said:
Nah, she had her chance. She could stay but we need a new leading lady. :D

I'm not saying love interest. I'm saying female lead. I'd prefer if the new Batman was without a serious love interest. All we need are Bruce's public bimbos.

Majik1387 said:
Beacause:

Lilly-No one from Lost belongs in a Batman movie. Or any superhero movie.
Beckingsale-She's overrated.
Portman-Just no.
Jolie-Way too big of a star and as much as people will disagree it will overshine the character.
Theron-I'll deal with her but I really don't want her. I think she's overrated.
Johanssan-Beautiful and great actress but too young.
Sossamyn-Bad actress.
Russo-20 years older than Bale. I, and I'm sure others, don't want Batman being like Ashton with Demi.
Kidman-Batman Forever.

Okay, Evangeline Lilly is a great actress, and Lost is a great show, but I don't think she's right for the part, and not just because she's on Lost.

Kate Beckinsale is a good actress, and the epitome of sexy. I think she could do well in the part, because the character might be slightly comparable to Seline in Underworld.

I don't think Natalie Portman would be right for the role, she seems to "cutsie."

I agree that Angelina Jolie's current superstardom would be wrong. Catwoman would probably be a small role, and her current superstar status doesn't fit well with that. That aside though, she would be one of my top choices.

Charlize Theron also could work, maybe with dark hair and a similar style to Aeon Flux, because I thought that was an AMAZING look for her. And she could pull off the role.

I love love love love Scarlett Johansson, but I don't think she's right for this role, but I think if she got it, she could do at least a mediocre (if not better) job.

What's wrong with Shannyn Sossamon? She was good in A Knight's Tale. A great movie which also showcased the talents of one Paul Bettany. ;)

Russo? As in Renee Russo? Who's idea was that?

And like you said, Nicole Kidman was in Batman Forever, so no.

Rosario Dawson might be interesting.

Her role in Sin City might be comparable to Selina/Catwoman.

Don't know if I like her for it or not.

Now excuse me while I gawk at that picture of Eva Longoria...

:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

Yes for Selina in BB2 (maybe Catwoman in a cameo if there's room)

and Rachel McAdams to play her

CatComparisons.jpg

...I have way too much time on my hands

Well I can definitely see why Bruce would be attracted to her...

Man I'm enjoying this thread way too much.

EDIT//

Vicki Vale?! Who said anything about Vicki Vale ever returning to the series?

Brian2887 said:
I say we see Selina in a small role in 2. . maybe that Year One hooker route for one of the mob bosses
If they going to use the hooker Selina then i suggest we use Briteny Spears for it. I mean looking at her just screams 10p for a blow. LOL.

selina should appear in part 2

natalie portman, scarlett johanson, tania gunadi or juliette marquis would be my top choices

Selina in 2, Catwoman in 3.

Dagmara Dominczyk is my choice.
dagmara_dominczyk_1.jpg

po.30666.jpg

l_1097016.jpg

cristopre2.jpg

thecount_l.jpg

dagmara.jpg

dagmara_dominczyk13.jpg

YES!

And I'll stick by my choice of Portman. :p

Jolie is too big for the role, Beckinsale is not that great of an actress, Theron and Johansson just aren't right for the role to me, and I'm not really familiar with Rachel McAdams.

Nah, I dont want Catwoman, she doesn't look right in BB style. I just cant imagine her in 3rd film, the same with 2nd.

About Selina? Maybe, but why she will be necessary, if she isn't Catwoman in 3rd film?

And what is the main reasom of Catwoman to be in BB franchise???

It is just like bring Robin or Batgirl back, what isn't logical way.

Two Face said:

While I think Angelina Jolie is babealicious and could play Catwoman quite well, I'd love to see her more as Ava in "Sin City 2."

Jolie is overrated and would make a terrible Catwoman. Evangeline Lilly should play Catwoman.

shaggyaggie457 said:
Or who? There's nothing after the "OR."

"Angelina Jolie or Kate Beckinsale to play Catwoman" one of them would be great and the pictures say thousand words more than actual words.

When I posted the pictures I thought I need no words to describe whom I want to play Catwoman but I guess I was wrong.

TK1211 said:
Yes for Selina in BB2 (maybe Catwoman in a cameo if there's room)

and Rachel McAdams to play her

CatComparisons.jpg

...I have way too much time on my hands
nice. I actually really think this is a good choice.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"