The Wolverine Should The Wolverine be in 3D?

^ I think psylockolussus understands this, he just wants to make sure that the legacy of a good movie is not tarnished by some B.O (or B.S) statistics.

Yup

I just want FOX to maximize all their options. With 3D, more money and it would guarantee more X-Men films.

Yup

I just want FOX to maximize all their options. With 3D, more money and it would guarantee more X-Men films.

But if people don't like 3D, they're not going to show up. It's been evident all summer - for nearly every big movie this summer, less than half of the tickets sold were for 3D showings. The novelty of 3D is fading, and it's not likely to entice more people to show up just because it's in 3D.

But if people don't like 3D, they're not going to show up. It's been evident all summer - for nearly every big movie this summer, less than half of the tickets sold were for 3D showings. The novelty of 3D is fading, and it's not likely to entice more people to show up just because it's in 3D.

Oh god I hope it is and will.

Why do some people hate 3d so much?

It makes the films much more money which gives them bigger budgets and if you don't like 3d then they always release a 2d version as well.

Also 3d is much better on 3d TV then the cinema so it makes the viewing experience much better at home if you have a 3d TV.

3d is here to stay and its getting bigger all the time. why would they want to kill it off when its an extra source of revenue.

If you don't like 3d that's your choice but stop being so pissy about it and just watch the 2d version. your making a problem out of nothing.

Why do some people hate 3d so much?

Because most of the time it's a cheap unnecessary conversion that makes the picture darker and the ticket prices higher.

It makes the films much more money which gives them bigger budgets and if you don't like 3d then they always release a 2d version as well.

And it costs us more, which no one likes. Sure, there's a 2D version, but when the movie is new those screenings are usually limited and if you want to see the movie in IMAX, then 3D is your only option.

Also 3d is much better on 3d TV then the cinema so it makes the viewing experience much better at home if you have a 3d TV.

I don't have a 3D tv, and have no interest in getting one.

3d is here to stay and its getting bigger all the time. why would they want to kill it off when its an extra source of revenue.

Not really. If you look at the box office grosses from this summer, less than half of the money the big movies made came from 3D screenings. The novelty is fading, and fast.

If it's done right (like with Avatar), then it could be worth the extra expense. But most of the time it's just a cheap, needless conversion that most don't want to pay a higher ticket price for.

If you don't like 3d that's your choice but stop being so pissy about it and just watch the 2d version. your making a problem out of nothing.

Since this is your first post here, you might want to be a little more careful with the attitude. Just sayin'.

Because most of the time it's a cheap unnecessary conversion that makes the picture darker and the ticket prices higher.

And it costs us more, which no one likes. Sure, there's a 2D version, but when the movie is new those screenings are usually limited and if you want to see the movie in IMAX, then 3D is your only option.

I don't have a 3D tv, and have no interest in getting one.

Not really. If you look at the box office grosses from this summer, less than half of the money the big movies made came from 3D screenings. The novelty is fading, and fast.

If it's done right (like with Avatar), then it could be worth the extra expense. But most of the time it's just a cheap, needless conversion that most don't want to pay a higher ticket price for.

Since this is your first post here, you might want to be a little more careful with the attitude. Just sayin'.

well 1st yes 3d ticket prices are higher but that doesnt increase the 2d prices so that isnt really an issue.

2nd most cinemas should show the film in IMAX no matter what screening you watch providing the film was recorded in IMAX so thats an issue with your cinema. And if 2d screenings are limited at your cinema then it cant be taking more money then 3d there otherwise that's bad business

3rd just because you dont want a 3d tv doesnt mean nobody else is allowed one. Its about choice

4th even if only a quarter of the money was made by people watching 3d (which doesn't seem to be the case at my cinema) that's still a lot of money so i cant see them pulling away for that reason.

and lastly the only reason it may seem like i've got attitude is this issue really bugs me. all 3d is doing is giving people an extra choice, taking it away because some people don't like it would be unfair to others that do. chick flicks don't make much money in the box office but you don't hear people complaining that they make them. I always see films in 3d because I like it and don't mind paying the extra few quid.

like you say avatar was done really well and that's a big congrats to the producers and directors etc. so when a 3d film isn't done well then its their fault not 3d's fault.

end of the day if you don't like 3d then don't watch it, it doesn't affect the 2d version.

sorry if you feel like i'm arguing with you because that's not my goal.

I hate 3D for really cause I wear glasses so when I switch to 3D ones I get headaches and can't enjoy the movie. Don't know if this happens to other people but it does me.

I don't like 3d sometimes, because the screen is darker and I can't wait wear my glasses and sometimes it do give me headaches.

I watched Captain America in 3D and had to close my eyes at times, something you don't do when you wanna watch the movie.

i'm a firm believer that if the film isn't set in a 90% cgi environment, there is no need for any sort of gimmicky 3d element, 99% of the time, it adds nothing to the cinematic experience and is a cheap way to boost revenues.

so no, the wolverine should not be in 3d,

3d should be kept for sin city, 300, sucker punch, avatar, immortals etc

The Lion King in 3D is killing my childhood :(

My little nephew loves The Lion King...but he won't wear those glasses, so we're not seeing it. Which sucks, since we would have loved to take him to see it on the big screen.

When I first saw the commercial for it I happily thought "Alright I can go watch one of my favorite movies of all time on the big screen!" then I saw the "In 3D" and my heart sank.

meh, if you don't want to watch it in 3d, you dont have to. But it COULD work if its not like those 3d films at disneyland

I don't legitimately see how a 3d wolverine film would enhance the viewing experience or add to engulfing the viewer into his world.

the 3d element certainly isn't for every film and i'm not keen on the idea on it being sold that way to ride this recent buzz.

outside of avatar and potentially tron legacy, i've yet to see a film where it's made the viewing that much better. Infact a large numbers of 3d films play the majority of their segments still in 2d

I fricking hate 3D; it hurts your eyes, the glasses cost too much and it just spoils everything.

Well, the Hobbit might be the next film to do 3D right. It is also being shot in 48 FPS. Which should help tremendously with some middling and annoying artifacts caused by the traditional 24fps.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"