The Wolverine Should The Wolverine be in 3D?

Hopefully they can find a way to make 3D without wearing those glasses.

If it's filmed in 3D, sure. That way it can make more money not ONLY from being good, but also from 3D.

The Wolverine should be filmed in 3D,so it could be more entertaining to the audiance.

no, because who ever heard of an R rated 3D movie?

;-)

I for one hope they keep it 2d.

3D can definitely add to a movie. If done right it's a whole other experience. Unfortunately studios have hastily went down the conversion road in order to catch a piece of Avatar's wave. If you want to get the most out of the technology then it should be shot in actual 3D.

Last edited:
If given a choice, I will see it in 2D.

If it's post-converted 3D, it's going to look like ****. Everyone is better off seeing it in 2D.

Hopefully it will be a good 3D conversion. I have nothing against 3D, because those who don't like it (or can't see it, due to eye problems) can opt for the standard 2D version. No one forces people to see 3D, it's never the only option available!

Hopefully it will be a good 3D conversion. I have nothing against 3D, because those who don't like it (or can't see it, due to eye problems) can opt for the standard 2D version. No one forces people to see 3D, it's never the only option available!

i've yet to see one, EVER.

The only good ones are CG movies

i've yet to see one, EVER.

The only good ones are CG movies

Agreed, CG flicks have been ok for the most part. All Live action 3D flicks have been pretty underwhelming for me including the ones that were shot in 3D. In fact they have actually made my experience worse in a few ways. It can darken the picture and give choppy framrate especially during the action.

The only things its good for are money in the studios pocket and when flicks are sold out. Ive noticed no one wants to pay the extra amount so the 3Ds screens are easier to find a seat.

Last edited:
I think that's most likely a theater/projection issue than 3D.

One of my problems when I'm watching 3D is I can't watch the movie very clearly because I can't use my glasses and sometimes the 3D glasses make the film color darker especially the night scenes. And I don't think the 3D of this movie will be very good since they didn't use 3D Cameras. The only films that had good 3d (the ones that I watched) are Resident Evil: Afterlife and Harry Potter 5.

I think that's most likely a theater/projection issue than 3D.

Yeah with the darkness it can be. Choppy frame rate is not though. From what Ive been hearing sounds like it still may be a better viewing experience then the 48 fps alternative.

Im sure the tech/conversions will get better, and they will figure a way to deal with the framerate so its smoother but not distracting. Just not a solid exp for me yet.

Last edited:
I will see it in 3D for sure.
For me most movies in the theater look ok in 3D. But at home on my tv they look exceptional. Avengers was a good 3D flick,but at home it looked much better. Their is certainly a difference between theaters as well. I watched Avengers 3D at two different places.
My local theaters 3D was good,but down by the mall it looked much clearer.

For what it's worth though,for me the best all around 3D films i've seen have been Imax 3D films. Rescue 3D and Ultimate Wave Tahiti in many ways put everything else i've seen to shame in the 3D department.

I thought about picking up Titantic 3D tommorow just because I hear how great the 3D looks. (and because it melts my heart ;))

I saw Hugh Jackman in 3D tonight. I saw him at the Les Miserables premiere in NY. :woot:

One of my problems when I'm watching 3D is I can't watch the movie very clearly because I can't use my glasses and sometimes the 3D glasses make the film color darker especially the night scenes. And I don't think the 3D of this movie will be very good since they didn't use 3D Cameras. The only films that had good 3d (the ones that I watched) are Resident Evil: Afterlife and Harry Potter 5.

I wear prescription glasses for TV/cinema, and I manage okay with putting the 3D glasses over the top of my regular specs. I'm double-glazed but it works!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"