Should this Superman kill?

Status
Not open for further replies.

gkokujin

Sidekick
Reaction score
i had a thought. We are finally getting to see Superman actually HIT someone...

but how do you think he should deal with these new villains?

I think he will probably wind up having to kill them if he even can kill them. I think the Phantom Zone will probably not exist in the movie. I think because of the team around the movie, that they would probably like to have something more realistic than the Phantom Zone. Most likely, I would imagine Zod was never imprisoned. That he just left Krypton after he most likely destroyed it and had been following Jor-El's son to Earth.

killing? i don`t know but i want to see him FIGHT! Using his fists and legs !

i had a thought. We are finally getting to see Superman actually HIT someone...

but how do you think he should deal with these new villains?

Hmmmmmmm good question, really hard to decide. I would rather he didn’t kill but a phantom zone gizmo would be to convenient.

I think he will probably wind up having to kill them if he even can kill them. I think the Phantom Zone will probably not exist in the movie. I think because of the team around the movie, that they would probably like to have something more realistic than the Phantom Zone. Most likely, I would imagine Zod was never imprisoned. That he just left Krypton after he most likely destroyed it and had been following Jor-El's son to Earth.

the phantom zone will exist, so will the fortress. my god people. :doh:

I'm a "grey area" person so I say he could if there was no other alternative. But honestly I don't want Supes turning into the Terminator.

Last edited:
If anyone would be merciful it would be Clark.

He has Smallville values, remember?

the phantom zone will exist, so will the fortress. my god people. :doh:

Personally, I was always more of a fan of Superman in the movies than in comic books. I never have been into comics but the ones I have read, I didn't care for when they involved too many elements of science fiction. I could live with an alien that can do anything since he is an alien. But the Phantom Zone and Fortress never amused me personally, and I (again personally) don't see how the Fortress or the Phantom Zone are relevant to the story. It just seems like it is adding something to the story that makes it geekier when it isn't necessary to have it. The Earth One book didn't have the Fortress and neither did Birthright.

If they want to go more sci-fi in a sequel, I think its okay. Sort of a pushing the geeky sci-fi elements envelope a little further, but for right now, I would keep it as grounded in reality as possible. Superman arrives, and other aliens follow him to Earth. That at least explains their power and his power, and everyone is happy. I don't see how adding the Phantom Zone or Fortress could add anything to the story.

If anyone would be merciful it would be Clark.

He has Smallville values, remember?

He should be merciful, but if they
indeed kill his parents and
are aliens, it really isn't like he would have much of a choice. And it isn't like there is any law against killing aliens really.

Last edited:
Personally, I was always more of a fan of Superman in the movies than in comic books. I never have been into comics but the ones I have read, I didn't care for when they involved too many elements of science fiction. I could live with an alien that can do anything since he is an alien. But the Phantom Zone and Fortress never amused me personally, and I (again personally) don't see how the Fortress or the Phantom Zone are relevant to the story. It just seems like it is adding something to the story that makes it geekier when it isn't necessary to have it. The Earth One book didn't have the Fortress and neither did Birthright.

If they want to go more sci-fi in a sequel, I think its okay. Sort of a pushing the geeky sci-fi elements envelope a little further, but for right now, I would keep it as grounded in reality as possible. Superman arrives, and other aliens follow him to Earth. That at least explains their power and his power, and everyone is happy. I don't see how adding the Phantom Zone or Fortress could add anything to the story.

no offense but we do not need a realistic/grounded superman flick. what worked for batman will not work for sups. no way no how. if they kill the phantom zone & fortress im gonna be ticked. i already hate the suit and the fact there is no lex. despite nolans involvement i smell another fail.

He should never kill. The only time it is acceptable is if the character arc calls for it, like Harvey in The Dark Knight, but he should never kill intentionally.

N. O.

That spells NO. No, no, no, no, no, no, no!

Just no...

:p

Only in a Doomsday-type scenario when there's no other way of dealing with the villain.

Only in a Doomsday-type scenario when there's no other way of dealing with the villain.

Exactly, I agree with that. But in their case, how would he be able to deal with them? He can't de-power them and then I guess leave them stranded to die or whatever he did with them in Superman II. He either kills them or they have to incorporate someway for him to imprison them. I think a physical Superman is not going to be able to outsmart Zod who would already know about the Phantom Zone if it exists in the movie.

No. Except if it's a monster or robot that's threatening people.

No. Not ever. No. Don't kill.
Doomsday is the only possible exception as far as I'm concerned.

Last edited:
So you'd be just murdering everything if there were no laws against it, huh?

That is pretty black and white. There has to be a reason. If something is fighting with you and there is no law against killing it, wouldn't you? He is not killing a human, he is killing something that is killing humans. It would be like if you were getting squeezed by a snake, not bear hugged by a man.

So even though he's not human, he should put human lives over all others?

So even though he's not human, he should put human lives over all others?

Of course, he is protecting his own and the lives of those around him, and his family and friends. A soldier does it, Superman should do it if he has too.

A Superman who kills... :l

That would be as stupid as having a Punisher who doesn't kill!!! :hehe:

Superman isn't a soldier, his powers allow him to take alternate routes. (Also, Superman should act more like a police officer than a soldier.) Also, it doesn't make sense for him to put the lives of humans above the lives of others when he himself isn't human.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
evilAIS
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"