Shows that never reached their full potential

dos_acoustic said:
.I was hoping to see some classic stuff but oh well we are living in the " Ultimate " generation were everything has to be what some people like to call "realistic"...give me the corny 60's lingo and costumes please
AMEN

dos_acoustic, I'm in agreement like everyone else; I'm conservative when it comes to comics. But if I may play devils advocate for a moment:daredevil , There was nothing wrong w/ how they formed the electro character. I mean, I don't know the real electro's origin, but the "Max" version didn't do any real damage to his reputation....... IMO!

American gothic

Beauty and the beast

The others

Bring 'em back alive ---i doubt very much that anyone still remember this show.It was a tv series that attempts to cash in on the Indiana Jones ( raiders of the lost ark) succes.

It was loosely based on the exploits of Frank Buck...a famous adventurer/ hunter in the 1930's.

Frank Buck was played by Bruce Boxleitener....fabulously i might add.

In my opinion...if you like the Indiana Jones movie, chances are you'll like this one also.Too bad the show only lasted for one season.

Angel - Definitely deserved a sixth season and the ending although satisfying for the character it needs to be completed... stupid WB. Also a far superior show than its predecessor and BtVS was good too in my humble opinion.

Point Pleasant - Just as the show started to get really GOOD Fox pulled the plug.

Tru Calling - Why would they put that on Thursday's nights against Friends, Survivor and CSI?

Batman Beyond - I was hoping to find out more about the fate of the other characters besides the original Batman, the Tim Drake Robin and Batgirl. What about Nightwing? Also I was looking forward to the evolution of new original villians.

I miss all the Marvel cartoons even the MTV Spider-Man think I only saw like 3 episodes.

And I doubt anybody remembers this show it was on NBC for a few episodes it was called UC Undercover.

Vigilante1785 said:
I miss all the Marvel cartoons even the MTV Spider-Man think I only saw like 3 episodes.
as do i

dos_acoustic said:
the only thing i hated about it was the crappy villains and the crappy electro....I was hoping to see some classic stuff but oh well we are living in the " Ultimate " generation were everything has to be what some people like to call "realistic"...give me the corny 60's lingo and costumes please

I also agree. im tired of these redisgns of the classic charcters we love & know. BY the time thier done redisigning thier not the charcterS we know. they just need to stop this & take it back to the original creations. STAN LEE & CO. BRING US BACK THE ORIGNAL SPIDEY & ROUGES PLEASE!!!!

Angel-definately could have lasted at least another season or two and this is why i despise the WB

Popular-Another great show it was a parody of teen dramas and Ryan Murphy is the best. Another show cancelled by the WB before it could flourish

Birds of Prey- hated the blonde but it was too good to cancel

Oh and lookie that it's all from The WB ugh

JulianM.Fan said:
Angel-definately could have lasted at least another season or two and this is why i despise the WB

Why are so many people saying Angel. If I recall correctly it had one hell of a long run and had done quite well. They probably could of had more seasons but why drain it dry? May as well go on a high note. Angel is hardly an example of a show that didn't get the chance to reach it's full potential.

ROWEN said:
I also agree. im tired of these redisgns of the classic charcters we love & know. BY the time thier done redisigning thier not the charcterS we know. they just need to stop this & take it back to the original creations. STAN LEE & CO. BRING US BACK THE ORIGNAL SPIDEY & ROUGES PLEASE!!!!
YOU HEARD THE MAN

ROWEN said:

I am glad some of you guys agree....usually when i say something about how when need to keep the classics everyone is like " blah blah blah they are so corny " or " b1tch b1tch b1tch Ultimates are so awesome "...so why change what has lasted for ages...stick with the classics....i actually had an idea for a series that i sent to Marvel Studios some of you guys might like...i never got a reply but oh well lol... http://www.superherohype.com/forums/showthread.php?t=173586

Star Trek: Enterprise was finally gaining some momentum with season four.
That season had some fantastic storylines/episodes, including:

- The Augments Trilogy -
Brent Spiner was fantastic as the creator of the augments and the ancestor of Noonien Soong. Great performance, and a great three episodes connecting back to both TOS and TNG.

- The Vulcan Trilogy -

People were complaining about how the vulcans of Enterprise seemed different from the vulcans of the other series. This "trilogy" helped adress that issue in a great way.

- The Romulan Trilogy -
Lets face it. The romulans are a part of the ST universe. But the problem is that at the time of "Enterprise" the romulans have not yet been seen by humans. This trilogy gives us romulans as the main villains in a great way without going against cannon. Loved it.

- The Klingon Two-parter -
In TOS the klingons looked different from the rest of the series (no ridges). While it was obviously a budget issue, these two episodes give us an explanation within the ST universe. Again, great stuff.

- The Mirror Universe Two-parter -
Twisted and dark. I loved this to death.

- Terra Prime -
The second part of a two-parter with an unfortunately poor first episode (Demons). This, and not the horrible "These Are the Voyages" should've been the final episode, and I will pretend that it is.

There is no doubt in my mind that had it continued into a season five it would've been even better. Manny Coto really gave the series a much-needed jolt of new energy.

Yes, I'm quite the Star Trek geek... :)

I was hoping they'd get to the point where "NOMAD" was launched in the series.

Life on a Stick
Titus
Andy Richter's Show
Method and Red
All About the Andersons
Married to the Kelly's
Whoopi
Wanda At Large
Tarzan
Coupling
The Mullets

THE WAR NEXT DOOR. It was a comedy/action show. The concept was pretty interesting. A former secret agent(think "American James Bond") officialy retires to spend time with his family. His archnemesis, an evil criminal mastermind wanted world-wide(think "American Gold Finger"), decides to move in next door to him: partly to retire in peace, partly to get revenge on his former foe. It's the equivolent of SPY vs. SPY as next door neighbors. Each episode, 1 would die by cartoon/spy violence. By next episode, everyone was back, virtually unharmed.

dos_acoustic said:
I am glad some of you guys agree....usually when i say something about how when need to keep the classics everyone is like " blah blah blah they are so corny " or " b1tch b1tch b1tch Ultimates are so awesome "...so why change what has lasted for ages...stick with the classics....i actually had an idea for a series that i sent to Marvel Studios some of you guys might like...i never got a reply but oh well lol... http://www.superherohype.com/forums/showthread.php?t=173586

that sucks that you didn't get a reply form marvel studios, you think stan lee & co. would listen to us fans but it shows that he doesn't witch is sad. but with all this redesignin & changing charcters does need to stop.

i think they took it far when i saw what they did to bugs bunny & co. you probaly have already saw it or already have heard of it . but they chnage 6 loony tunes charcters into a japnese anime.

im sorry but you do not change bugs bunny, thier is nothing wrong with this character, you don't see disney turning mickey mouse & friedns all into japenese anime looking characters. again this redisngning & rechanging charcers does need to stop, cause its going nowhere.

i have no problem with cangeing a costume somewhat when a show goes on tv, but sometimes they go overboard.

It appears that Megas XLR has been cancelled also, which I despise because this show I would watch religiously. They got through two seasons, but I think they could've expanded more on the universe.

terry78 said:
It appears that Megas XLR has been cancelled also, which I despise because this show I would watch religiously. They got through two seasons, but I think they could've expanded more on the universe.
its times like these that i think " if i had watched it more than just from time to time would it still be on?"

walter_sullivan said:
its times like these that i think " if i had watched it more than just from time to time would it still be on?"
Only if you have a Nielsen box.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"