Since when does being proud of being straight = homophobia?

I do have somewhat of the mustache thing going:o after axillary intercourse you've done it all! (armpit intercourse) I need to just become a monk now and read.:csad:

Dimebag ...well the him and the whole thing is over hyped.

And as far as the bad sex.......I really don't know what to say man....thats just ..thats crazy.

If he was he'd a stoped that bullett.

Wow. There's really nothing wrong with what you said. This is coming from a gay man.

I don't care. You can be proud about being anything really as long as this ''thing" makes you happy and content with your life. -shrug-

Except of course, if your a terrorist/killer/such. Then your just ****ed up. :cmad:

i never understood homophobia, i mean seriously who would be afraid of there house :p

Seems like a double standard to me. I was called a homophobe (by a lesbian) simply because I said I'm straight and proud of it. I tried pointing out to her that being proud of being straight doesn't imply that I dislike homosexuals. Her response is that there should be no such thing as "being proud of being straight". I asked her to explain why gays like to use the term "gay pride" then, if one can't be proud of their sexual orientation. She just said I wouldn't understand because of my "homophobic ways" and stormed off. So am I homophobic simply because I'm proud of being straight? :huh:

Dude, you're a man talking to, from the sounds of it, a fairly militant lesbian. Just be glad you came away with your penis still attached...:o

I think that being proud of what you like to **** is rather stupid.

Seems like a double standard to me. I was called a homophobe (by a lesbian) simply because I said I'm straight and proud of it.
LOL Why are you proud of it? Was it hard to achieve? It's okay to be bum boy, man. Don't fight it.

Nope, don't do those. There's no particular reason why I'm proud of what I am. I just am. Same reason why I like Apple Jacks even though they don't taste like apple.

Seems like a double standard to me. I was called a homophobe (by a lesbian) simply because I said I'm straight and proud of it. I tried pointing out to her that being proud of being straight doesn't imply that I dislike homosexuals. Her response is that there should be no such thing as "being proud of being straight". I asked her to explain why gays like to use the term "gay pride" then, if one can't be proud of their sexual orientation. She just said I wouldn't understand because of my "homophobic ways" and stormed off. So am I homophobic simply because I'm proud of being straight? :huh:
Who was this person..Rosie O'Donnell?

Being proud of anything is pretty silly?

especially non important things like nationality, race and gender preference...

what happened to just being a decent person, funny how there are no parades for that...

:o

silly humans

Well some people are really touchy, don't let it get to you.

But I do wonder what you mean by your straight pride. Most people are straight, so why should someone be proud of being average?

Being proud of anything is pretty silly?

especially non important things like nationality, race and gender preference...

what happened to just being a decent person, funny how there are no parades for that...

:o

silly humans
You know you have a point. You really really do. :)

I never quite understood how anyone can be proud of something they didn't earn and in no way had any control over.

Being proud of being straight is about the same as being proud of being tall. You didn't earn it. You had no choice in the matter. It just is what it is.

It is similar to the "white pride" thing....if you're in the majority, having pride seems kind of superfluous, as why do you need to showcase pride if you already have all the power?

I don't think there's anything wrong perse of being proud of your ethnicity, nationality, sex, or sexual preference. But when you start wearing it as a badge, or the #1 identifying characteristic then it's like there's nothing more to you than that.

I think there is a difference from being proud and taking something that is from your culture and bringing it to the table in a positive manner.

In an ideal multi-cultural society, there wouldn't be needs for 'pride' days because all parts of that society would have completely intermixed with the host society that it would no longer be clear what belonged to you and what belonged to me (or hosts and guests).

just like a sucessful marriage, everything eventually ends up belonging to both parties.

when a party still possesses something and treats it as theirs, then this will forever be the underlying factor that stops the full integration of one race into another and all the problems that come with it.

meh

I was at a wedding and my gf was having difficulty getting a good shot with her camera and she gives it to me and I take some outstanding shots. She's like wow, these are really good and I'm like, "It's because I'm Asian".

Yes I said it in good fun.

But it just really annoys me when people use their ethnicity, sexuality as a crutch or what they seem to be most proud of.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"