Superman Returns Singer mentioned that this would vaguely tie in with Smallville, how so???

Super_Ludacris said:
But like Movies, TV shows have got there little genres too and let's be real you know SV isnt just popular and got critical acclaim for nothing.
And what it's done is reinvented Superman or at least the aspect of Clark Kent. Lot of people have compared Smallville to Spider-man not even knowing Smallville came out BEFORE Spider-man. Both adaptations set that trend of teen angst in superhero live-action adaptions and it worked. Outside of comic book fans, Superman aint really that intruiging compared to other superheroes (X-Men, Batman, Blade and Spiderman) so Smallville allowed to show Superman from other side, that vunerable young learning curve side. People often say "How can there be intruiged to a guy who supposed all invincible". Comic book fans might see this but Smallville showed a side that never got mentioned in any live-action adaptation before. How a young hero copes.

And as far as Burton's Batman films they were anythign but real ****. The majority of the intruige with the fims was that gothic fantasy/film noir style that first two movies showed and were undeniably from Burton's mind. Begins was dope because it was some real **** but was one of the reasons why some Burton fans arent that crazy with BB and why BB and comic fans and core film goers love the authenticity of the new movie, it makes Burton's film look just as bad as Schumachers. But they got love because of Burton's POV was expressed perfectly.

Critical acclaim? Since when. And are you really comparing comic books to that stuff that happens on Smallville?

Super_Ludacris said:
But like Movies, TV shows have got there little genres too and let's be real you know SV isnt just popular and got critical acclaim for nothing.
And what it's done is reinvented Superman or at least the aspect of Clark Kent. Lot of people have compared Smallville to Spider-man not even knowing Smallville came out BEFORE Spider-man. Both adaptations set that trend of teen angst in superhero live-action adaptions and it worked. Outside of comic book fans, Superman aint really that intruiging compared to other superheroes (X-Men, Batman, Blade and Spiderman) so Smallville allowed to show Superman from other side, that vunerable young learning curve side. People often say "How can there be intruiged to a guy who supposed all invincible". Comic book fans might see this but Smallville showed a side that never got mentioned in any live-action adaptation before. How a young hero copes.

I'd believe all that..but then I watch the episodes, and look at the quality of them. Batman, I could take seriously..it wasnt THAT far removed.

Smallville; evil witches, lesbo vampires, ghost of jonathan kent, crossing over into the afterlife, kryptonite drugs, kryptonite race engines, kryptonite inhalers, kryptonite everything, magical sex slave spells, freaks of the week etc

I know theres some good stuff in Smallville but its buried under so many layers of pure crap.

I wouldnt say the same about Batman 89.

DarthSkywalker said:
Critical acclaim? Since when. And are you really comparing comic books to that stuff that happens on Smallville?

Uhm no lol That was my point. To say you can have a good show without having the stuff that's going on to the comic books and really doing your own little adaption.

Super_Ludacris said:
Uhm no lol That was my point. To say you can have a good show without having the stuff that's going on to the comic books and really doing your own little adaption.

Oh. But for that to make sense the show would have to be good. The problem is that most of the time when the show is worth watching, it draws directly from Donner or the Comics.

DarthSkywalker said:
Oh. But for that to make sense the show would have to good. The problem is that most of the time when the show is worth watching, it draws directly from Donner or the Comics.

lol the use of the FOS was the only instance of that for me. The fact that Jorel acted like a bastard inside and nearly killed Chloe kinda took away from it though. Then again, I wana kill Chloe too.

Kane said:
lol the use of the FOS was the only instance of that for me. The fact that Jorel acted like a bastard inside and nearly killed Chloe kinda took away from it though. Then again, I wana kill Chloe too.

I am more going with Braniac. Problem is that they are really killing that storyline.

DarthSkywalker said:
I am more going with Braniac. Problem is that they are really killing that storyline.

Brainiac wasnt a liquid metal drone from Krypton thats a tool of Zod in the comics... The only real connection is the name 'Milton Fine'

Kane said:
I didnt see much of a difference between the 2 of them. The first was obviously superior but they both maintained that Tim Burton-esque look and feel.....but thats the same with any director and his work.
I suggest you rewatch the two then. Batman Returns takes place in a Neo-Gothic Winter Wonderland, exactly the season Burton loves to use. His design for the Penguin is complete Burton. And you can see in the Catwoman's costume's stitching shades of Sally from Nightmare Before Christmas. The movie is very much a Tim Burton film.

Kane said:
And to that I agree wholeheartedly one hundred percent... I'm not expecting it to me anymore than it is. Its too late anyways.
That's the problem though. Even in your last statement, "its too late anyways" you seem to function under the assumption that at some point the show WAS going to be more but you've now resigned yourself to accepting that it won't.

Kane said:
I'd believe all that..but then I watch the episodes, and look at the quality of them. Batman, I could take seriously..it wasnt THAT far removed.

Smallville; evil witches, lesbo vampires, ghost of jonathan kent, crossing over into the afterlife, kryptonite drugs, kryptonite race engines, kryptonite inhalers, kryptonite everything, magical sex slave spells, freaks of the week etc

I know theres some good stuff in Smallville but its buried under so many layers of pure crap.

I wouldnt say the same about Batman 89.

All that stuff, is SV doing its thing.
The biggest knock on the show is that it takes stuff thats been done on other shows. When SV first came out the whole the freak of the week thing I liked because it was almost a by the numbers thing that you can gaurntee happens each show and its fun watching how they were gonna put a new freak in. Before Smallville yeah I watched stuff like Angel and Buffy and Dawson's Creek ( you know all the classic WB high school ****). So when I saw how this show was taking those conventions for Superman I didnt really care if they changed the comic book origin it gave its own perspective. I was hoping they would progress the teen thing but have fun with it like Joss Whedon did with his show. Well obviously that's the where the weakness is when they try gimmick episodes cause Whedon was good at that and these guys arent but yet in still its more funny to do a filler episode or link up a small storyline like that. And besides, with characters like the Luthors and Brainiac the show still has strong dramatic points and from the teen soap aspect of Clana is still better than most Actual teen soaps (it doesnt take up the entire episodes), so its got a happy balance and all the actors who arent experience have taken the roles like ducks to water (Rosenbaum a comedic actor has shown great strides as a dramatic actor, Kreuk who has the burden of playing Lana has done a great job with what the writers have asked her to do with her and has helped her as a new actress especially in stuff like Spell and Void to get experience and same with Welling, whose shown the vunerablity and learning of a young Clark Kent real well).
So all in all, its a happy balance, and I think the critics get that and that's why in most Sci-Fi and Entertainment magazines its get like 3/5, 4/5. For a show thats meant to be "Kal-El's Creek" it aint that bad and it's viewership speaks for itself.
Do I want things to be better? Absolutley but it aint the titantic that's hit iceberg that many people make it to be.

skruloos said:
I suggest you rewatch the two then. Batman Returns takes place in a Neo-Gothic Winter Wonderland, exactly the season Burton loves to use. His design for the Penguin is complete Burton. And you can see in the Catwoman's costume's stitching shades of Sally from Nightmare Before Christmas. The movie is very much a Tim Burton film.

That's the problem though. Even in your last statement, "its too late anyways" you seem to function under the assumption that at some point the show WAS going to be more but you've now resigned yourself to accepting that it won't.

I thought the first one was very Tim Burton esque too. And yes, there was a time when I wanted SV to improve and be something its not, but that ended the saw Lois showed up in Smallville and met a naked Clark in a cornfield....that was pretty much when I realized I couldnt take it seriously anymore.

I kinda believe the WB network execs ordered Lois on the show. One episode is cool but regular member? And she really dont do nothing lol. But its all good we see boobs.

Oh so your problem is nudity on tv/films, k.. lol.

Super_Ludacris said:
All that stuff, is SV doing its thing.
The biggest knock on the show is that it takes stuff thats been done on other shows. When SV first came out the whole the freak of the week thing I liked because it was almost a by the numbers thing that you can gaurntee happens each show and its fun watching how they were gonna put a new freak in. Before Smallville yeah I watched stuff like Angel and Buffy and Dawson's Creek ( you know all the classic WB high school ****). So when I saw how this show was taking those conventions for Superman I didnt really care if they changed the comic book origin it gave its own perspective. I was hoping they would progress the teen thing but have fun with it like Joss Whedon did with his show. Well obviously that's the where the weakness is when they try gimmick episodes cause Whedon was good at that and these guys arent but yet in still its more funny to do a filler episode or link up a small storyline like that. And besides, with characters like the Luthors and Brainiac the show still has strong dramatic points and from the teen soap aspect of Clana is still better than most Actual teen soaps (it doesnt take up the entire episodes), so its got a happy balance and all the actors who arent experience have taken the roles like ducks to water (Rosenbaum a comedic actor has shown great strides as a dramatic actor, Kreuk who has the burden of playing Lana has done a great job with what the writers have asked her to do with her and has helped her as a new actress especially in stuff like Spell and Void to get experience and same with Welling, whose shown the vunerablity and learning of a young Clark Kent real well).
So all in all, its a happy balance, and I think the critics get that and that's why in most Sci-Fi and Entertainment magazines its get like 3/5, 4/5. For a show thats meant to be "Kal-El's Creek" it aint that bad and it's viewership speaks for itself.
Do I want things to be better? Absolutley but it aint the titantic that's hit iceberg that many people make it to be.

Ya I'm not going to read all that but to each his own. You seem to defend the show at every turn, that fine if your one of its fans.

But really, to me... its just a very laughable show, I could spend forever pointing out all the lame stuff in it but thats a waste (besides the Supermanhomepage.com already does that), Im just laughing at it for what it is and enjoying it in that sense Though, Ive encountered people who've tried to convince me Power Rangers was a great show :rolleyes: That didnt work out too well either.....

Kane said:
Ya I'm not going to read all that but to each his own. You seem to defend the show at every turn, that fine if your one of its fans.

But really, to me... its just a very laughable show, I could spend forever pointing out all the lame stuff in it but thats a waste (besides the Supermanhomepage.com already does that), Im just laughing at it for what it is and enjoying it in that sense Though, Ive encountered people who've tried to convince me Power Rangers was a great show :rolleyes: That didnt work out too well either.....

The message board equivalent of putting the mic down before spitting one line :)

Oh it dont get it twisted, you must have not been here that long to know I have ripped the show before (this season and last over things) but all in all its fine and aint as bad as some camp stuff that's all

Super_Ludacris said:
I kinda believe the WB network execs ordered Lois on the show. One episode is cool but regular member? And she really dont do nothing lol. But its all good we see boobs.
or ratings boosters

KalKai said:
Oh so your problem is nudity on tv/films, k.. lol.

It was kinda embarassing. The great Superman and Lois relationship begins with her seeing naked Clark in a cornfield and thinking hes a whackjob.

The funny thing is shes never questioned his actions in that episode beyond that point. He was acting like a Kryptonian robot, but now thats suddenly forgotten...

Super_Ludacris said:
The message board equivalent of putting the mic down before spitting one line :)

No way. Its cause you're turning into agent pat, longwinded and pointless posts. I dont wana read all that sh^t. I know how you personally feel about the show, big deal... doesnt change anything.

Kane said:
No way. Its cause you're turning into agent pat, longwinded and pointless posts. I dont wana read all that sh^t. I know how you personally feel about the show, big deal... doesnt change anything.

Oh, oh wait for it.....am I hearing it correctly? could it be? yes I think....

Keep scrolling

almost there

mad.jpg

Kane said:
I thought the first one was very Tim Burton esque too.
A bit but not nearly as much as Batman Returns.

Kane said:
And yes, there was a time when I wanted SV to improve and be something its not, but that ended the saw Lois showed up in Smallville and met a naked Clark in a cornfield....that was pretty much when I realized I couldnt take it seriously anymore.
Which is exactly the point. You should have known from the get-go not to expect more out of SV. It was always going to be Buffy meets Dawson's Creek. Hoping for more than that was a pipe dream.

Well thats my thing. Yes, I have criticised the show for things and everyone who knows me from posting there last year knows this. But what I am saying is it's not THAT bad lol.

But this is the internet and everyone has gotta have an extreme opinion. God forbid if there's some middle ground.

Super_Ludacris said:
*random Black guy saying 'You Mad'

No. Never mad, often annoyed by the overuse of that picture. Then again posting the same pictures over and over again is another agent pat trait. wow :confused: I dont like what your becoming. :p

skruloos said:
Which is exactly the point. You should have known from the get-go not to expect more out of SV. It was always going to be Buffy meets Dawson's Creek. Hoping for more than that was a pipe dream.

;) well I know better now. Every since they annouced the official Superman movie with Singer in production, Ive been hoping this would finally be that 'pipe dream'

Kane said:
;) well I know better now. Every since they annouced the official Superman movie with Singer in production, Ive been hoping this would finally be that 'pipe dream'

Bryan Singer is paying you a "visit":confused:

Huh? Im refering to this finally being the Superman mythos done right in a live adaptation...

a 'visit'... w t f

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"