Superman Returns Singer Reacts

Retroman said:
I liked DD, FF could have been so much better had it not been chopped up the way it was.

This thread is going seriously off topic.lol

Yeah it is pretty sad when you have to take into account that it is at Fox. :(

RedIsNotBlue said:
Yeah it is pretty sad when you have to take into account that it is at Fox. :(
What's everyone ****ing deal with fox? never heard anyone ***** so much about one movie company.

J Alba's Lover said:
What's everyone ****ing deal with fox? never heard anyone ***** so much about one movie company.

Your...joking right?

RedIsNotBlue said:
Your...joking right?
why cause they make "crappy" movies? they've raped the good names of X-Men,FF,DD?

you people seriously need to get over this thing you've got.

J Alba's Lover said:
why cause they make "crappy" movies? they've raped the good names of X-Men,FF,DD?

you people seriously need to get over this thing you've got.

No. I loved the X-Men films and the Fantastic Four and Daredevil The Directors Cut. But you can obviously tell the movies suffered from restrictions Fox put on the them and they probably could have been much better. I mean Daredevil compared to the Director's Cut it is fairly obvious. You see a lot of people saying the Director's Cut is what we should have gotten in theatres. They give their movies so little production time and running times it is ridiculous sorry.

Galactical said:
"Business. That's all it ever is, is business."

Nice.

Ever get the impression though that some movie companies cut up movies so they can release two versions and thus make more money? I mean I have in my lifetime bought the 20th, the 25th and now the 30th anniversery additions of Jaws. Is that really nessesary? If that is the case, then that is certainly good business.

Galactical said:
"Business. That's all it ever is, is business."
Like he said thats all it is. i mean come on seriously would you wanna put 200 mill of your comp's own money on something your unsure of? and if you make a almost 3 hour movie thats gonna have a effect on how many showings you can have and effect how much you make opening week.

/\ huh. Wonder if that is part of Superman Returns' problem.

Mr. Walters said:
Nice.

Ever get the impression though that some movie companies cut up movies so they can release two versions and thus make more money? I mean I have in my lifetime bought the 20th, the 25th and now the 30th anniversery additions of Jaws. Is that really nessesary? If that is the case, then that is certainly good business.
It's nobody's fault but your own that you keep buying the same movie over and over again. just like the thing with the old star wars moviesi s spending 50 to 60 bucks for a few mins of bonus stuff really worth it?

I never said Fox wasn't good at business they are damn good at making money. But are they good at giving us top notch comic book films? Nope not really.

J Alba's Lover said:
It's nobody's fault but your own that you keep buying the same movie over and over again. just like the thing with the old star wars moviesi s spending 50 to 60 bucks for a few mins of bonus stuff really worth it?

And your not gonna get that Extended Version of Fantastic Four when it is finally released?

bosef982 said:
Sigh....

You still haven't seen the film, Hunter. Making any of these comments, since you always seem to make these previewing "presumptions" on the side of the negative -- I don't see you saying, "Maybe Singer wanted a more subtle film..." -- really is just getting odd.

I don't see how you can give it a fair viewing when every single one of your previewing assumptions leans towards the negative.
Please, lets not talk about fair Mr. I have a SR Avatar and a SR quote in my sig. Everything you say reaks of fanboy bias. It's nauseating. If the SR fanboys are sucking on Singer nips, you are serving his milk in gallons.

RedIsNotBlue said:
And your not gonna get that Extended Version of Fantastic Four when it is finally released?
Yeah but this is adding new stuff to it where as those movies are the same thing over and over again with a few new bonus features.

J Alba's Lover said:
Yeah but this is adding new stuff to it where as those movies are the same thing over and over again with a few new bonus features.

Exactly my point. Fox should have just let Story include those scenes if he wanted but instead we are getting FF 1.5 most likely. :o Either way Fox wins cause they are getting more of your money and a lot of other peoples.

Stewie Griffin said:
Please, lets not talk about fair Mr. I have a SR Avatar and a SR quote in my sig. Everything you say reaks of fanboy bias. It's nauseating. If the SR fanboys are sucking on Singer nips, you are serving his milk in gallons.

weak.

J Alba's Lover said:

Actually the 30th Anniversery DVD of Jaws has some decent features. I'm a big fan of that movie, and I am always looking to see something I have never seen about the movie. While the movie is the same there is a neat interview with Spielberg from the 70's, once thought forever lost a two hour making of documentary, the original mono soundtrack, and all the deleated scenes. For me, yes that DVD was worth it. It's the only movie I have bought multiple copies of for that reason. But seriously dude think about it, when the extended Fantastic Four comes out Fox will make a ton of money on a DVD release of a DVD that they already released. Like I said good business. If they wanted to release these "special editions" and whatnot they would and be done with it. I'm willing to bet they do it on purpose.

RedIsNotBlue said:
Exactly my point. Fox should have just let Story include those scenes if he wanted but instead we are getting FF 1.5 most likely. :o Either way Fox wins cause they are getting more of your money and a lot of other peoples.
Thats if people haven't seen the stuff already online that was posted a while back. and like i said with a 100 min runtime your more likely to get more showings in. its all about business and how many showings you could possibly get in one day.

Mr. Walters said:
Nice.

Yes it does seem to be a new trend. Release a "lite version" then give us the director's cut, unrated cut, extended cut, whatever cut some time after the original comes to dvd. It's certainly some ploy.

Now I read dvd reviews and such to see if the disc is going to be replaced with a special edition a day after I buy the thing.

J Alba's Lover said:
Thats if people haven't seen the stuff already online that was posted a while back. and like i said with a 100 min runtime your more likely to get more showings in. its all about business and how many showings you could possibly get in one day.

And this post right here goes along with my feelings about Fox that your bashing so hard. Fox are more about business than letting a director make his movie.

Galactical said:
Now I read dvd reviews and such to see if the disc is going to be replaced with a special edition a day after I buy the thing.

My problem is I'm stupid. I buy on impulse. Elektra, Daredevil, Fantastic Four, Jaws, Halloween, Saving Private Ryan...

Bought them all, and then went...aww!

RedIsNotBlue said:
And this post right here goes along with my feelings about Fox that your bashing so hard. Fox are more about business than letting a director make his movie.
It just comes down to wanting to get back all your money plus more you invested into the picture.

bur hey i'm not in the movie industry yeet so i wouldn't know anything then.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
evilAIS
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"