BvS So the Joker knows Batman is Bruce Wayne?

I have this idea of a possibility:
Joker killed Robin, spray painted the words, Batman switched the Robin outfit with civilian clothes to not have any connection between Bruce Wayne and Batman left, and Bruce stored the robin suit in a case like that, to remind him of his failure.

There are so many references to Jason Todd/Red Hood in that letter.

Judging by the trailer we can see someone sent a "you let your family die" hate mail to Bruce. The red chaotic writing resembles the Joker. Does this mean the Joker will know his identity?

Joker strikes again... Now he's after Bond! :sly:

_84414479_bond_memorial.jpg

Image from Spectre trailer... :cwink:

The family thing, for example. Jason always throws at Bruce's face the fact that he was 'abandoned' by him and that he didn't do what he had to do to stop the Joker. And now he takes this opportunity to do that because Bruce couldn't help the people in his building.

Also, the red, which might be connected to Red Hood.

The family thing, for example. Jason always throws at Bruce's face the fact that he was 'abandoned' by him and that he didn't do what he had to do to stop the Joker. And now he takes this opportunity to do that because Bruce couldn't help the people in his building.

Also, the red, which might be connected to Red Hood.

That is what I was thinking too, in regards to both the family thing as well as the message being written in red.

I never learned how does Harley Quinn fit into this theory. I am kinda interested in how they explained her connection with Jason Todd Joker...?

I think there are a lot of possible options to that quick snippet:

1.) It is from the Joker, who does indeed know his identity.
2.) It's from Lex, and "family" is a broader term referring to Bruce's employee's that were in the tower that was destroyed. *If Bruce ever refers to his company as a "family" this would make a lot of sense.*
3.) It could be hate mail from the general public, thinking he needed to do more to stop the destruction and increase his guilt.
4.) It's from another Bat-centric enemy.

Personally, I'm hoping it's either 2 or 3, simply because I don't think Joker needs to be crammed into this film as well, and I don't want another added villain like the Red Hood, who could easily fill his own movie with how much baggage is attached to him, being included in this film as well.

I think there's little going on with either the Todd/Red Hood theory or the Joker theory. I think people are letting their imagination get the better of the because of what they want to see. That said, the indulgence of fan theories is part of the fun of waiting for these types of films to drop.

Can someone for the love of all things good in the world explain to me why the bloody hell everyone seems to love affair with Jason Todd in recent years? I don't get it.

Can someone for the love of all things good in the world explain to me why the bloody hell everyone seems to love affair with Jason Todd in recent years? I don't get it.

"Under The Hood" was a well-received story and the animated film that came out of it was as well. Also, many found Red Hood to be a "cool" character, so I guess that's the reason. I don't think it has as much to do with Jason Todd as Jason Todd's Red Hood.

I get the Red Hood thing being popular but I don't get why this character has suddenly become this centre point for conversation across various mediums. First the focus on Arkham Knight now these wild theories. No-one outside the comic community knows who Jason Todd is, so is perplexes me as to why people seem to think this no-name character to the masses is somehow going to have a place on film. The only Robin that matters is Dick Grayson.

"Under The Hood" was a well-received story and the animated film that came out of it was as well. Also, many found Red Hood to be a "cool" character, so I guess that's the reason. I don't think it has as much to do with Jason Todd as Jason Todd's Red Hood.

I think it's that Red Hood is a "Punisher" type that sort of points out that it's ridiculous for Batman not to off his more dangerous to the public villains. Plus the character just brings big time melodrama to the Dark Knight stories he is in.

I get the Red Hood thing being popular but I don't get why this character has suddenly become this centre point for conversation across various mediums. First the focus on Arkham Knight now these wild theories. No-one outside the comic community knows who Jason Todd is, so is perplexes me as to why people seem to think this no-name character to the masses is somehow going to have a place on film. The only Robin that matters is Dick Grayson.

You know that fans can be a tad on the myopic side. It's also bolstered by the fairly recent surge the character has had across mediums though. It's not coming out of nowhere. They did decide to bring him back in the early 2000's, they did make a well received animated film, they did decide to use him in the games. And as for Todd's visibility as a Robin, the "Death In The Family" story was widely reported back in the day and became baked in to the Bat mythos for a such a long time that even casuals know "a" Robin had died.

Not to say I disagree with your assessment that fans are putting too much cart before the horse with these theories.

You know that fans can be a tad on the myopic side. It's also bolstered by the fairly recent surge the character has had across mediums though. It's not coming out of nowhere. They did decide to bring him back in the early 2000's, they did make a well received animated film, they did decide to use him in the games. And as for Todd's visibility as a Robin, the "Death In The Family" story was widely reported back in the day and became baked in to the Bat mythos for a such a long time that even casuals know "a" Robin had died.

Not to say I disagree with your assessment that fans are putting too much cart before the horse with these theories.

Not going to deny the appeal in recent years, maybe it's just me but I just see way to much importance being placed on this character. That said, these crazy theories aren't helped by the likes of Rocksteady blatantly lying about who the Arkham Knight really was in their game. But despite all of that the biggest logical problem with The Joker being Jason Todd theory is that Leto is the same age as Affleck, and looks it.

Preaching to the choir. I have now idea why this is getting any traction among some fans other than I think some are looking for ANYTHING that can promise them a "real" Joker without Leto's ink. I think that's it in a nutshell. Also, I think some fans of a certain age also seem to feel that the Timm shows should have a lot of influence so they are also looking at any way that could be fit into the DCEU, so "of course they are going to use the RETURN OF THE JOKER" as inspiration. I find that view a hard sell myself. I think having Harley in these films is as far as the animated programs influence will stretch.

Not going to deny the appeal in recent years, maybe it's just me but I just see way to much importance being placed on this character. That said, these crazy theories aren't helped by the likes of Rocksteady blatantly lying about who the Arkham Knight really was in their game. But despite all of that the biggest logical problem with The Joker being Jason Todd theory is that Leto is the same age as Affleck, and looks it.

Also, the second Robin i the animated series, although called Tim Drake had a backstory that was much more reminiscent of Jason's.

Preaching to the choir. I have now idea why this is getting any traction among some fans other than I think some are looking for ANYTHING that can promise them a "real" Joker without Leto's ink. I think that's it in a nutshell. Also, I think some fans of a certain age also seem to feel that the Timm shows should have a lot of influence so they are also looking at any way that could be fit into the DCEU, so "of course they are going to use the RETURN OF THE JOKER" as inspiration. I find that view a hard sell myself. I think having Harley in these films is as far as the animated programs influence will stretch.

And even then I'm doubtful Robbie is going to the extent of mimicking how Harley sounds. You make a valid point about fans looking for the 'real' Joker though. It's almost a state of denial. Similar thing happened with Ledger's Joker, I remember in '07 people making crazy theories that The Joker starts off wearing make up but the mask he robs the bank with melts onto his face, just because they couldn't handle the idea of The Joker having to wear make up. Ah, good times.....

And even then I'm doubtful Robbie is going to the extent of mimicking how Harley sounds. You make a valid point about fans looking for the 'real' Joker though. It's almost a state of denial. Similar thing happened with Ledger's Joker, I remember in '07 people making crazy theories that The Joker starts off wearing make up but the mask he robs the bank with melts onto his face, just because they couldn't handle the idea of The Joker having to wear make up. Ah, good times.....
It was and still is a wholly unique concept all to itself. Considering how etched into the lore Joker's physical disfigurement was, it shouldn't be surprising fans have leaned to a more familiar path into the character.

I think the scene with him opening the letter is at the very end of the movie. After everything is over, he receives the letter, looks up, and it cuts to black. It would be a good way to set up the solo Batman film with Red Hood at the center.

Or.....since no-one has mentioned him yet.....

It's from Hush.

Dun dun duuunnnnnnnn!

.....just kidding.
Maybe.

Eh... I would hope that the film leaves us with something that isn't just hyping a Bat solo that is going to come quite a few years down the road. If anything the end should tease JL and WW.

I wouldn't mind it if they just gave us something to chew on for the time being. You know it's in the back of Bruce's head while JL takes place, and maybe you see more and more pieces until the solo.

I'd liken it to the Thanos scenes leading to Infinity War, but better.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"