BvS So the Joker knows Batman is Bruce Wayne?

I think the scene with him opening the letter is at the very end of the movie. After everything is over, he receives the letter, looks up, and it cuts to black. It would be a good way to set up the solo Batman film with Red Hood at the center.

Or.....since no-one has mentioned him yet.....

It's from Hush.

Dun dun duuunnnnnnnn!

.....just kidding.
Maybe.

Wasn't "Hush" the Jason Todd character? Then Red Hood came later? Then became Arkham Knight then turned into the Red Hood again? Wait....:dry:

Wasn't "Hush" the Jason Todd character? Then Red Hood came later? Then became Arkham Knight then turned into the Red Hood again? Wait....:dry:

Hush is very similar to Red Hood, but he was psychotic early on. He also used villains to take out Batman instead of just killing then himself.

In all honesty, I still haven't played Arkham Knight yet, but it sounds like they just ripped off Red Hood for some reason.

Hush is very similar to Red Hood, but he was psychotic early on. He also used villains to take out Batman instead of just killing then himself.

In all honesty, I still haven't played Arkham Knight yet, but it sounds like they just ripped off Red Hood for some reason.
It was certainly inspired by Red Hood. I would not say that it ripped off Red Hood.

In the original arc, Hush "fakes out" Bruce by having Clayface pretend to be Hush and reveal himself to be Jason Todd, which made sense to an extent, because in the story up to that point there had been tons of hints pointing towards Jason. But Hush was actually Tommy Elliot, a former childhood friend of Bruce who was created for that story.

Many people theorize (but it's never been confirmed) that the original endgame of Hush was to have Hush actually be Jason and that DC either nixed Loeb's idea, or too many people guessed the twist and Loeb changed it mid-arc. Either way, it would have made more sense to have Hush be Jason at the end of it, since Hush's motivation was INCREDIBLY stupid.

I wouldn't mind if the Joker was a former Robin if it was done in a manor close to what was done in Batman Beyond: Return of the Joker. If done close to or like that it could work like when Tim Drake became the Joker.

I get the Red Hood thing being popular but I don't get why this character has suddenly become this centre point for conversation across various mediums. First the focus on Arkham Knight now these wild theories. No-one outside the comic community knows who Jason Todd is, so is perplexes me as to why people seem to think this no-name character to the masses is somehow going to have a place on film. The only Robin that matters is Dick Grayson.

Oh that... beats me.
Focus on Todd would seem rather strange especially since Dick Grayson hasn't been really fleshed-out in the movies. Or rather, he has, but in two very sh**ty ones.

I think it's that Red Hood is a "Punisher" type that sort of points out that it's ridiculous for Batman not to off his more dangerous to the public villains. Plus the character just brings big time melodrama to the Dark Knight stories he is in.

Oh, this as well. It touches upon the never-ending subject regarding the ethics and consequences of Batman's no killing rule.

As for melodrama, it is actually one of the reasons why I'm not entirely happy that they resurrected Todd. Sure, "Under the Hood" was a nice read, but there being one dead Robin, a moment of Batman's biggest failure, always hanging above Bruce's head was something I always liked prior to his resurrection. Just remember those scenes when Todd is mentioned in "TDKR" animated film. Him returning to life took that away.

I get the Red Hood thing being popular but I don't get why this character has suddenly become this centre point for conversation across various mediums. First the focus on Arkham Knight now these wild theories. No-one outside the comic community knows who Jason Todd is, so is perplexes me as to why people seem to think this no-name character to the masses is somehow going to have a place on film. The only Robin that matters is Dick Grayson.

Well, no one knows about most of the Suicide Squad, but they are getting their own film.

To say that Dick is the only Robin that matters is silly, btw. The Robins have always been a defining aspect of the mythos, at least the "big three", not just Dick.

With that said, this Joker Todd idea needs to go away.

I've basically had to abandon the Joker thread in the SS Boards because I have zero interest in discussing what I consider to be one of the worst ideas ever put forth on these boards.

The Joker is Batman's former foster-son/side-kick.

Vomit.

Nah, Hush was always Dr. Thomas Elliot, the Robin holding on Tim saying 'PRETENDER' was Jason, then at some point he switched places with Clayface masked as him.....

Yeah, that plot point is stupid, no point in trying to explain it....
its jason todd
I really hope this guess is nothing but wrong.

The letter could have been adressed to Bruce Wayne, or it could have been delivered to Batman and Bruce just reads it in his study.

Either way, I'm sure the letter was addressed to Bruce. Whoever sent it would've wanted only his eyes seeing it.

I have a theory that the latter was sent by Lex to screw with Bruce and get him to fight Superman

I'm not even sure if this is misdirection. I think its misunderstanding. EVERYONE knows that Bruce Wayne's parents were murdered, and if little Brucie was the reason why they went out that night, then he let his family die. Someone who has access to that newspaper article (um, everyone) could have sent that to Bruce. Also, the scene showing the angry/upset face after looking at the newspaper may or may not be in the same scene.

So, I do not believe that Jason Todd is the Joker, or that Joker sent that at all. Could just be a disgruntled family member of someone who died in the Wayne building during the Black Zero events, who is holding BW responsible.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"