Some of the DBZ cast

You REALLY don't understand the character at all, do you Vile One? Of course he scowls, grunts, yells and fights, he is a FIGHTER! But he isn't Vegeta. He is happy first, assumes the best of people and all those other things I listed.

None of this means Chatwin can play Goku in live action.

I only saw him in War of the Worlds and he wasn't bad. He isn't going to win an Oscar anytime soon but he didn't bring me out of the movie like a REAL bad actor.

What does this have to do with him playing Goku? His type is emo or angsty punk teens.

Nope, because Chatwin can only play metro emo-teens. That's the sum total of his range. Nothing about his look or voice remotely even says Goku.

How can you know that is all he has in him? And I'm sorry, but it's not like Goku requires "range" per se... He's pretty standard stuff.

Or that he can't actually play him. We don't know.

What does this have to do with him playing Goku? His type is emo or angsty punk teens.

He is an actor, he can play other characters, and honestly, you don't know squat about his audition. He probably rocked the producers so they cast him. How do you know he is so wrong for Goku?

I'm not getting on this Chatwin hate bandwagon.

I can imagine it now. http://www.chatwin-not-goku.com

:whatever:

He looks like Goku. He's not a big name, so he obviously auditioned. James and Stephen were probably impressed.

How did Spike get a Piccolo role was it his villain traits from Buffy and Smallville or was it his voice that may make him more in the way bad but become good buta reluctant team player.
I would have figured piccolo as a cgi creation like Davy Jones.

God bless the internet...where people can be just as close minded as the species has always been without any of the shame associated with it now.

How did Spike get a Piccolo role was it his villain traits from Buffy and Smallville or was it his voice that may make him more in the way bad but become good buta reluctant team player.
I would have figured piccolo as a cgi creation like Davy Jones.

Piccolo is not strange enough to warrant being fully CG, because that'd just look fake. He could easily be done with prosthetic makeup, and it'd look far more convincing than CG.

I doubt the budget would allow a fully CG Piccolo anyway. I wonder what the budget is?

Reportedly 60 mil. for location alone.

You REALLY don't understand the character at all, do you Vile One? Of course he scowls, grunts, yells and fights, he is a FIGHTER! But he isn't Vegeta. He is happy first, assumes the best of people and all those other things I listed.

I only saw him in War of the Worlds and he wasn't bad. He isn't going to win an Oscar anytime soon but he didn't bring me out of the movie like a REAL bad actor.

Goku is indeed happy go lucky. He's a nice, caring and heroric guy. Because of his nature it's easy for him to be greatly underestimated, which is why he brings the beat downs.

Not sold on this Chaitwin guy at all. i've seen both WOTW and that Invisable movie. The guy looks like or has taken roles of the typical white teen sterotype. Not faulting the guy, he has to make a living, but this DB movie just screams god awfulness.

So this puppy is to be out in August of 08? Some Chaitwin is going to be beliveable as a skilled Martial artist by next summer.? Looks like he won't be pack ing any muscle or doing much training to prepare for the role. The shooting time frame is tight and it's why I believe the quality isn't going to be there at all, but then haven't we seen this before with FOX.

The Variety article said he' already been training.

In what universe does this guy look like ****ing Goku? He looks nothing like Goku. If I squint he still doesn't look like Goku.

Audition? This is a freaking live action Dragon Ball Z movie directed by James Wong. Are you trying to say that Wong is some awesome actors' director and knows good talent when he sees it?

Here's Wong's filmography:

Final Destination 3
The One
Final Destination

He's written and directed movies with a lot of weak ass teeny bopper actors.

Chances are this will be a dumb high school comedy mixed with crappy martial arts from The One.

All we need now is Sean William Scott as Krillin and Devon Sawa as Master Roshi.

Adam Shankman directed Bringing Down The House and The Pacifier before directing Hairspray.

In what universe does this guy look like ****ing Goku? He looks nothing like Goku. If I squint he still doesn't look like Goku.

He looks like Goku to me. I just see it. Something in his eyes, his features. His features work for the character. But that is just me. Obviously he can bulk up and is already doing so. Goku does not need to be asian. He never looked asian to me anyway, none of the characters did.

Audition? This is a freaking live action Dragon Ball Z movie directed by James Wong. Are you trying to say that Wong is some awesome actors' director and knows good talent when he sees it?

Here's Wong's filmography:

Final Destination 3
The One
Final Destination
I trust the casting director over someone like you, honestly. I don't care what he directed before...None of those movies are utterly horrible if you ask me. And it's not like this movie needs the likes of Peter Jackson anyway. The story and the characters are fairly simple (most of them) ...

He's written and directed movies with a lot of weak ass teeny bopper actors.

Chances are this will be a dumb high school comedy mixed with crappy martial arts from The One.

All we need now is Sean William Scott as Krillin and Devon Sawa as Master Roshi.
Well, newsflash VileOne: DBZ is BIG, AND DUMB. And I love how you fail to mention James Marters is in the movie too. There's nothing to indicate it's gonna be a high school comedy.... I mean, there's nothing on the reports that suggest anything like that.

Also...

Chatwin has already begun training with 87Eleven, the stunt performance company behind the action sequences in The Matrix, The Bourne Supremacy,Mr. & Mrs. Smith and 300.

I highly doubt we will get "crappy martial arts" with that company involved.

Look, I'll be the first one to admit the movie sucks if it actually, well, sucks. Or even if a sucky trailer comes out, I'll come here and say that it sucks. I'm just a fan, and I want this movie to rock, and understand your concerns, but I'm just not getting on the hate bandwagon.

I agree Rogzilla, he is supposed to look younger and innocent. If this is the begining of Dragonball Z, think of when Raditz first showed up. Goku was a bit younger, very friendly.

It wasn't until Freiza showed up...than Goku became a bit more of a man and a bit crazier

--dk7

That's because that is all he has been cast for.

Who says he can't play a wider range?

--dk7

As i always say don`t give the saiyens wigs. The main point of the hair styl;e in dbz is that the hair gets longer and spikier as they power up. So i would rather they simply have that goku has shoulder length emo hair and that when he eventually turns super saiyen THEN it sticks up not in a silly rigid way but because his own awesome energy levels are billowing the hair up in the air.

I don`t think they should have ridiculous gelled spiky hair all the time it would look silly.

Just keep the hair style for super saiyen and even then only as an effect of the energy blowing the hair up and making the hair glow.

I don't care who tries and defend this production, it's still from FOX and that is the main problem.

I'm willing to give the cast a chance. Chatwin seems to have the innocent charm of Goku and Marsters could be a convincing Piccolo as long as they've got good make-up crew. What I'm most worried about though is that FOX will probably totally **** up the entire Dragonball Mythos.

The Variety article said he' already been training.

And your point? This film is due out in august 08, and it hasn't even started shooting yet. This guy isn't going to be that much training, and this really looks like another half assed movie from fox along the lines of F4 and that Seeker mess that tanked big time. way to go FOX, just keep churing out crap. I hope no one buys this DB flick. Bad enough FOX is the studio at the helm, but changing the characters to white? I don't care who try and debate it, Goku should be asain.

Well, Goku IS an Alien. As long as he's got similar facial features, it doesn't really bother me whether he's asian or american.

lol VileOne, you say machismo when goku's voice was done by a female in the japanese version...lol niice

and the sayan race was based on us americans... they're suppossed to represent us "monkeys"... lol its silly but its true.

As i always say don`t give the saiyens wigs. The main point of the hair styl;e in dbz is that the hair gets longer and spikier as they power up. So i would rather they simply have that goku has shoulder length emo hair and that when he eventually turns super saiyen THEN it sticks up not in a silly rigid way but because his own awesome energy levels are billowing the hair up in the air.

I don`t think they should have ridiculous gelled spiky hair all the time it would look silly.

Just keep the hair style for super saiyen and even then only as an effect of the energy blowing the hair up and making the hair glow.

I agree with you, but I don't think it neccessarly has to be to his sholders or emo looking.

It could simply just be a shaggy look.

personally if this is what he looks like as Goku, Hair and all...I'm good with it

gokuom5.gif

--dk7

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"