Some of the DBZ cast

What do those characters and actors have in common with Goku and Justin Chatwin? Absolutely nothing.

knight7 continues to avoid the obvious about this movie and the fact that people were saying Chatwin looks like Goku.

Looks like Batman to me.

Once again, we aren't talking about a master thespian like Christian Bale here either.

The actor is JUSTIN CHATWIN.

The director is JAMES WONG. The director of Final Destination and The One. Stop ****ing acting like he's going to make some X-men, Batman Begins quality movies because he isn't.

Your stupid pictures make no difference. People still argued that Chatwin looked like Goku.

Yes, I being one of those people. I being a person who watched Dragonball from day one...continued watching Dragonball Z and so on.

I'm not saying ANYTHING about them making an X-men or Batman quality movie. Did I say that? Did I?

Is that what we are discussing? No I didnt think so. I beleive we are talking about character appearance.

Oh ya, that's right...WHAT PEOPLE AND CHARACTERS LOOK LIKE.

Who knows if it will be good or bad...most signs are leading to it not being so great. It doesn't change the fact that actors don't always look like their characters.

LOOK AT HITMAN, they guy doesn't look like Hitman, he looks like a bald guy in a suit with guns.

Catch my drift?

Goku is a cartoon, just like all these other fictional characters.

You aren't going to find someone PERFECT. it's impossible.

--dk7

What do those characters and actors have in common with Goku and Justin Chatwin? Absolutely nothing.

knight7 continues to avoid the obvious about this movie and the fact that people were saying Chatwin looks like Goku.

Clearly it's you who is avoiding conversation my friend...

You continue to change the subject ... Because you and I were never discussing the fact that this movie was going to be bad or good, nor were we discussing Chatwin. I don't care what anyone else was saying to you. I was talking about the fact that actors don't need to look like the character...they BECOME the character.

You just can't understand that, and that's cool.

--dk7

Look at Hitman? The movie looks awful, and Olyphant looks like the goofiest Agent 47 I've ever seen.

My original point was toward the people saying Chatwin looks like Goku.

All the movies with the actors that supposedly don't look like their fictional counterparts (which are all far stretches from Goku and DBZ) had better quality actors, writers, and filmmakers at the helm than DBZ currently does.

haha well have you ever seen DBZ? It was never really a QUALITY show...

Who cares if it is good or not. I just want to see some chi blasts and cool as stylized fighting...

--dk7

We all know it isn't going to be SUPER HUGE...it can't be.

It was based in Japan...

And only young people know of the series.

It isn't like Batman or X-Men or Spider-man that has been around for years and generations and evolved and grown.

No, it is going to be a stand alone movie, that is either going to be a fun watch that happens to be good. Or a fun watch that flunks at the box office.

Im not expecting anything great out of this movie, but the fact that they are even trying to make it impresses me

--dk7

Who cares if it is good or not. I just want to see some chi blasts and cool as stylized fighting...

--dk7

Yes I've watched all of DBZ, it's a pretty ridiculous show that's very stupid at times.

That's a stupid reason to ask for a ****ty movie. Stylized fighting and energy blasts don't make a movie good.

If you want a good movie with stylized fights that's totally awesome, watch KUNG FU HUSTLE or pretty much any Stephen Chow film. No movie Wong makes will be a fraction as good as Kung Fu Hustle.

haha Im not saying it is going to be good. But it will be entertaining. And personally, that's all the show ever was to me. So if they accomplish AT LEAST THAT...Im happy.

If they have crazy *******s yelling, screaming kicking ass, throwing energy blasts and blowing things up and smashing big chunks of earth....and flying and ALL that jazz...than THAT is DBZ.

Some movies are good and some are bad, DBZ is just a movied destined to be bad. At least we are getting one.

End of discussion, im outta here. Catch you all later, peace.

--dk7

At least we are getting one is the most messed up logic I have ever head.

--dk7

You bite your tongue! There's plenty of quality to be found in a show based on one of the most beloved literary masterpieces of our time, Journey to the West! Who can't get behind a story of good vs evil...with large breasted and ultimately shallow women...martial arts masters and dudes waaaaaaay cooler than yourself that you can vicariously live through? Nothign beats blowing up a mutha****as planet while wearing that badass saiyan gear! I dare say, DBZ trumps Shakespeare!

I know it taught me a whole hell of a lot more than his lame talking people in puffy outfits ever did. What light through yonder window breaks my ass...That light is a Galick Gun coming to send your ass to another dimension.

Dragonball Z is the greatest fictional adventure of our or any other time! :cmad:

Arguable depending on artist interpretation.

This doesn't change the fact that people here were arguing that CHATWIN DOES LOOK LIKE GOKU.

He does :huh: People can see Goku in him. Why is that so crazy?

I definitely see Ditko in Peter. And Peter Freaking Parker is a big freaking stretch from Goku.

In costume he looked like Spider-man 100%. When I looked at him on screen there was no question it was Spider-man. Spider-man is all about the costume, and they kept the classic look intact.

:rolleyes:

Of course he looked like Spider-Man in costume. Any stunt performer could.

Magneto isn't a jacked 35 year old though. And he didn't loook like a skinny old man in the movies. Magneto gave the role power, presence, and charisma. Which is what's most important.

Yes, but he DID look like an old man. A far cry from the comics Magneto.

It worked because Mckellen is a fantastic actor, who became Magneto in spirit.

actors don't need to look like the character...they BECOME the character.

See, he gets it. Hell, he nailed it.

I'm not lost at all. Look at this kid who's playing Goku. Look at the freaking director.

xwolverine2, X-men 3, remember that? X-MEN 3.

i see the kid whos playing goku... and i see the director....

what YOU need to see is DBZ......
i dont know what world you come from where goku is some Leonidus type character.

x-men3:huh: ...... that has everything to do with nothing.

LOL, well I can almost guarantee you that in the trailer for DBZ, it's going to say "From the studio that brought you the X-Men trilogy" somewhere. :p

I don't think anyone would actually look like the characters from the anime. I mean come on, just look at their hair!

This movie is based on the manga and not the anime, BTW.

What the hell is that supposed to mean? The anime is virtually the same as the manga for the most part.

Goku never went to high school in the manga.

I hope so. The show was dribble. The manga is much better. It isn't Shakespeare. Odds are, this movie will not be good. BUT it could be AWESOME! There is a difference.

I hope so. The show was dribble. The manga is much better. It isn't Shakespeare. Odds are, this movie will not be good. BUT it could be AWESOME! There is a difference.

We think alike. :up:

What are you talking about? The shows pretty much adapted the manga very faithfully.

The anime isn't really all that different from the manga people. Scenes just take longer and there's added nonsense like Goku trying to get his drivers license, etc. Otherwise the main story is virtually the same.

I know, DB and DBZ are both faithful adaptations of the manga content wise. The biggest deviation was DBGT, which was a totally original anime not based on anything Toriyama created, just with his characters. What is this it's not based on the anime, it's based on the manga? Like the movie will be better for being based on the manga. That statement makes no sense.

I know, DB and DBZ are both faithful adaptations of the manga content wise. The biggest deviation wad DBGT, which was a totally original anime not based on anything Toriyama created, just with his characters. What is this it's not based on the anime, it's based on the manga? Like the movie will be better for being based on the manga. That statement makes no sense.

What's your deal? Did I say the movie will be better because of that? No. Did I say Goku went to High School in the manga? No. Geeze Vile, you have some of the worst selective hearing I've ever seen. You criticize anyone who has a different opinion than yours and now you picking apart my post when A- I wasn't talking to you. B- I never was talking to you. C- My post is still true.

What are you talking about? The shows pretty much adapted the manga very faithfully.

No, the show added a bunch of crap. In DBZ alone, there was

-the misadventures of Gohan in the wilderness, where he met a bunch of maladjusted youths

-the misadventres of Kurriran, Tienshinhan, Yamcha and Chaozu on another planet in another time where they met a bunch of maladjusted aliens

-Nappa versus Earth military

-the misadventures of Bulma, Kurriran, and Gohan in space where they meet a bunch of maladjusted refugees.

-the misadventures of Bulma on Nammek where she went after a Dragonball

-the even more misadventures of Bulma, now with frog Captain Ginyu who switches bodies with her but they switch back

-The...Garlic...Jr...Saga

Yeah, REALLY faithful.

What's your deal? Did I say the movie will be better because of that? No. Did I say Goku went to High School in the manga? No. Geeze Vile, you have some of the worst selective hearing I've ever seen. You criticize anyone who has a different opinion than yours and now you picking apart my post when A- I wasn't talking to you. B- I never was talking to you. C- My post is still true.

Oh, don't try to reason with The Vilester. He's going "La La La La" as he reads our posts.

What are you trying to say when it's based on the manga not the anime? You make it sound like the movie is going to be MORE like the manga, which makes no sense.

No, the show added a bunch of crap. In DBZ alone, there was

-the misadventures of Gohan in the wilderness, where he met a bunch of maladjusted youths

-the misadventres of Kurriran, Tienshinhan, Yamcha and Chaozu on another planet in another time where they met a bunch of maladjusted aliens

-Nappa versus Earth military

-the misadventures of Bulma, Kurriran, and Gohan in space where they meet a bunch of maladjusted refugees.

-the misadventures of Bulma on Nammek where she went after a Dragonball

-the even more misadventures of Bulma, now with frog Captain Ginyu who switches bodies with her but they switch back

-The...Garlic...Jr...Saga

Yeah, REALLY faithful.

Yes, really faithful. Tell me something that happened in the manga that wasn't in the anime. The anime only made additions and interludes, NOT subtractions.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"