Some of the DBZ cast

It's long enough and style enough so that it kind of flips out at the sides. It would work

--dk7

lol VileOne, you say machismo when goku's voice was done by a female in the japanese version...lol niice

Yes. The female Japanese voice actress for Goku has more machismo than Justin Chatwin and his girly hair, and pretty boy look.

and the sayan race was based on us americans... they're suppossed to represent us "monkeys"... lol its silly but its true.

Goku was specifically based on Son Goku. This is the first I've heard of Saiyans being based on Americans, but I have no idea what point you are trying to make with that crap.

It's long enough and style enough so that it kind of flips out at the sides. It would work

All that and he still wouldn't look like Goku.

I agree Rogzilla, he is supposed to look younger and innocent. If this is the begining of Dragonball Z, think of when Raditz first showed up. Goku was a bit younger, very friendly.

It wasn't until Freiza showed up...than Goku became a bit more of a man and a bit crazier

--dk7

Yeah and if you notice in the animation he wasn't as buff as he was later on in series. None of the Z fighters were. The tougher the opponents the more physically imposing and powerful they became. And yes RAY PARK IS VEGETA!

Also...your Avatar freaks me out. I think I'm gonna send Batman to beat you up. He doesn't like clowns. Haha.

DBZ has been in and out of production for over 4 years. We started hearing rumblings back in September, but I can tell you that it's been at the top of Fox's mind since last year. James Wong didn't JUST sign on as director, and Chatwin wasn't JUST cast as Goku. Wong was hired months ago, and Chatwin, a few weeks now.

Sets are just about complete and the script is read to shoot. Costumes and make up effects are almost ready to go as well.

Releasing the film this summer just means that there will be little time for post production and Fox is goig to end up spending a lot more money then they wanted to, like X-Men 3.

X-men 3 cost so much in order to meet a Memorial Day, 2006 release date.

Yeah and if you notice in the animation he wasn't as buff as he was later on in series. None of the Z fighters were. The tougher the opponents the more physically imposing and powerful they became. And yes RAY PARK IS VEGETA!

Also...your Avatar freaks me out. I think I'm gonna send Batman to beat you up. He doesn't like clowns. Haha.

Everything about this post is awesome.

1. animation didn't make them as buff
2. RAY PARK
3. I'm glad the avvy is freaky
4. Batman kicking my ass would be cool, I hope i can get a picture LOL

--dk7

I agree Rogzilla, he is supposed to look younger and innocent. If this is the begining of Dragonball Z, think of when Raditz first showed up. Goku was a bit younger, very friendly.

It wasn't until Freiza showed up...than Goku became a bit more of a man and a bit crazier

--dk7

This move is to be based on Dragong Ball not Dragon Ball Z

He looks nothing like Goku in Dragon Ball either.

Everything about this post is awesome.

1. animation didn't make them as buff
2. RAY PARK
3. I'm glad the avvy is freaky
4. Batman kicking my ass would be cool, I hope i can get a picture LOL

--dk7

HAHAHA! Thank You, My Grandma Nancy always taught me to strive for awesomeness. I'm glad I've succeeded. Also, I stand by everything I said and yes, Batman kicking your ass would be cool and very Youtube worthy. :woot:

Hugh Jackman looks noting like Wolverine, Tobey looks nothing like Peter Parker, Ian McKellen looks nothing like Magneto, Heath Ledger looks nothing like Joker, Robert Downy Jr. looks nothing like Tony Stark.. need I go on?

Hugh Jackman looks noting like Wolverine, Tobey looks nothing like Peter Parker, Ian McKellen looks nothing like Magneto, Heath Ledger looks nothing like Joker, Robert Downy Jr. looks nothing like Tony Stark.. need I go on?

No cause I like all those dudes. LOL

Likewise, I didnt think Tom Welling would have been such a bad choice for Goku. Despite some peoples hatred of him. If you've ever seen him play clark on Red K you know he can do Goku.

tomwelling-772338.jpg
goku09.jpg

:rolleyes:

That you can compare Justin Chatwin to someone like Ian McKellan is what appalls me the most. What unmitigated gall.

But most of all...

Christian Bale looks NOTHING like Bruce Wayne.

--dk7

Hugh Jackman, Tobey Maguire, Ian McKellan, Robert Downey Jr, and Christian Bale all look more like their characters than Justin Chatwin.

And they are all SUPERIOR performers with chops Chatwin does not have.

...dude...lol

Those guys look nothing like their character lol.

Hugh Jackman normally without the hair and all that...looks NOTHING like Wolverine.

Tobey Magquire...you can't really pick on, because Spidey was always just a nerd...but he still didn't really look like Parker...anyways..

Bale looks NOTHING like Bruce Wayne...nothing...

And Ian McKellan was an old man with a big nose... HAVE YOU SEEN MAGNETO? He looks like a jacked 35 year old with white hair. Not an old skinny man...

Robery Downey Jr. ...well, it isn't hard to look like Toney Stark, you just have to grow a gotie and have black hair.

None of them look closer to their characters lol...NONE!

Althoguh they are all good actors.

--dk7

...dude...lol

Those guys look nothing like their character lol.

Hugh Jackman normally without the hair and all that...looks NOTHING like Wolverine.

Arguable depending on artist interpretation.

This doesn't change the fact that people here were arguing that CHATWIN DOES LOOK LIKE GOKU.

Tobey Magquire...you can't really pick on, because Spidey was always just a nerd...but he still didn't really look like Parker...anyways..

I definitely see Ditko in Peter. And Peter Freaking Parker is a big freaking stretch from Goku.

In costume he looked like Spider-man 100%. When I looked at him on screen there was no question it was Spider-man. Spider-man is all about the costume, and they kept the classic look intact.

Bale looks NOTHING like Bruce Wayne...nothing...

To you he doesn't maybe.

And Ian McKellan was an old man with a big nose... HAVE YOU SEEN MAGNETO? He looks like a jacked 35 year old with white hair. Not an old skinny man...

Magneto isn't a jacked 35 year old though. And he didn't loook like a skinny old man in the movies. Magneto gave the role power, presence, and charisma. Which is what's most important.

Patrick Stewart was always a dead-ringer for Prof. X.

Robery Downey Jr. ...well, it isn't hard to look like Toney Stark, you just have to grow a gotie and have black hair.

So don't tell me he looks nothing like the character than.

None of them look closer to their characters lol...NONE!

Althoguh they are all good actors.

--dk7

Chatwin isn't, and they all look closer to what the characters should be than Chatwin.

People still said Chatwin looks like Goku, your illegitimate arguments don't change that. He doesn't look like DBZ, DBGT, or DB Goku, period.

Yes, but the images you are seeing of Chatwin are not from the DRAGONBALL Z movie though.

Sure you can argue that...some art looks like Jackman (but that's because they now base the art off him) Originally who would have thought of him as Wolverine? Ian McKellin doesn't look a thing like Magneto. Bruce Wayne has a strong jaw, blue eyes and black hair. Not a pointy face with brown eyes and brown hair. Bruce looks pretty much like Superman without the curl.

But the point is, they all pretty much pulled it off in the movie because they MADE them look that way, and made them study the character and how to act.

For example...here are some pictures of the actors...NOT in character

245574hughjackmanposterih8.jpg

wolverinebythequickbrowlg1.jpg

christianbale5lq6.jpg

brucewaynebatmanpu6.jpg

Who would have thoguht that any of these characters could play the characters they did. Judging from what they looked like...

Personally Bale doesn't even look like Wayne...AS WAYNE lol..
--dk7

NOW HERE is my favourite comparison...

magneto442pxir6.jpg

mckellenianphotoianmckepk7.jpg

...now come on...where do they get off saying this guy looks like Magneto???

Not to mention, who would have thought this pretty boy could play the ever almight badass LEONIDAS...not just play him...but get totally jacked too

263982gerardbutlerpostedo5.jpg

king20leonidas20pretty2kk4.jpg

--dk7

Looks like Batman to me.

Once again, we aren't talking about a master thespian like Christian Bale here either.

The actor is JUSTIN CHATWIN.

The director is JAMES WONG. The director of Final Destination and The One. Stop ****ing acting like he's going to make some X-men, Batman Begins quality movies because he isn't.

Your stupid pictures make no difference. People still argued that Chatwin looked like Goku.

Guys, Vile One just likes to complain and argue. In every thread I have seen him in, he just complains and argues. Why, I do not know. I mean, should we be surprised? This guy is a wrestling fan! I say we just ignore him, let him tire himself out and have him move on.

Im not going to bother argueing about Stark and Parker...because anyone could play them really...

Black hair, goatie (although Stark was always kind of a stud and RD Jr. is a bit rough looking...)

But as for the other characters... NONE OF THEM looked like their character counter part before being cast (ACTUALLY only half of them even look like their character WHILE IN CHARACTER: Wolverine...Leonidas...as for Magneto...he looks like Ian with a helmet on...and Bale looks like himself in a suit clean shaven)

--dk7

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vortep88
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"