Superman Returns "Sorry I was away Mr. President, I won't let you down again..."

ace2k

Civilian
Reaction score
I just finished watch Superman II on SPACE and as we know that is the last line of the movie. Well since Returns takes place after II, does that mean that Supes let the President down again. I'm still not clear on this plot point, do we know why he left?

Way to keep your promises Clark!

From everything I've heard he went to see if Krypton was actually destroyed or not.

He let Bush down again. DarnIt Supes.

Umm...umm...there's a new president when he leaves? :Confused:

In fact, that must be Superman's reason for leaving! there were all those people who said they would move to Canada if Bush won the election, well Superman took it up a notch and just left the planet! :D

LOL and brung back a suit which Bush really hates.....................................If you know what I mean. ;)

things said and done in the previous movies, have not effect on this movie. ok? they only borrrowed the origin story of superman and that's it.

superfever said:
things said and done in the previous movies, have not effect on this movie. ok? they only borrrowed the origin story of superman and that's it.
Speculation, nothing more.

superfever said:
But Superman 1&2 were vague histories, Ya Monkey.:)

Mr President: You said you'd never let me down again Superman, for the love of God, why?

Superman: I wanted to stay, Mr President, and all my fans wanted me to stay, but Bryan Singer made me go. I tried to reason with him, but he threatened to make me wear a god awful Kmart halloween costume. So I had to go, but the bastard didnt keep his word. DAMN YOU, SIINNNGGGEEERRR!!

ace2k said:
I just finished watch Superman II on SPACE and as we know that is the last line of the movie. Well since Returns takes place after II, does that mean that Supes let the President down again. I'm still not clear on this plot point, do we know why he left?

VAUGE HISTORY.

Thats Itttttttttttttttt I'm Willing To Bet That I Can Make A Better Sequel To The Donner Movies

i was watching it too, and i was laughing sooooooooooo hard!!! the kryptonite was like a glow stick!!

It's called "vague history" which has a connection to the previous films but in a vaguely kind of way. It's an "established Superman" film in which there are glimpses of the origin which seems to make it a sequel and yet "vaguely" because it ignores continuity such as: turning back time, Luthor's knowledge of the FOS's location, the mind erasing kiss, Superman letting the President down and so on. It'll be new but, like the suit's \S/, it'll be vague. . . Yes. . . I was being sarcastic.

Matt said:
In fact, that must be Superman's reason for leaving! there were all those people who said they would move to Canada if Bush won the election, well Superman took it up a notch and just left the planet! :D

:D

Always knew Superman was a smart guy ... ;)

I think Vague history should be a curse word, and Singer should have never even said that to us fans. Does he no the confussion he caused with that?

phillyboy said:
Mr President: You said you'd never let me down again Superman, for the love of God, why?

Superman: I said I wouldn't let YOU down Mr. President. That doesn't apply to those who became President after you. Sorry, I should have been more specific!:)

Mr. President: You said you wont let me down again

Superman: Sorry that was before I fathered a child, now im off to krypton beatcchhhhh!

surprisingly....I've come across a few people who think that SR comes after Superman IV!!!!

but....that's Vague Sequel/history for you..........

In Superman Returns' back story, the Lois and Superman in the Fortress is the only thign from II. So that line Superman says to the President never happened.

ace2k said:
Its been brought up before, and its just another contradiction of the "vague" connection between SII and SR.

Check the date of the first post Lighthouse...this is an old thread.

C. Lee said:
Check the date of the first post Lighthouse...this is an old thread.
Ah, thanks didn't notice. Why the hell was this bumped?

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"