Superman Returns Spacey Hosting SNL May 20th

Showtime

Your Friend In Time
Reaction score
Courtesy of www.bluetights.net & http://www.drivingmrspacey.com/News!.htm

April 16, 2006
This just in SNL/Spacey fan Mark tells me that Kevin is scheduled to host the May 20th, season finale, of Saturday Night Live as part of his Superman Returns promotion. Mark your calendars now!

Part of marketing blitz planned for May. No doubt there will Superman references here.​

Cool. Spacey should be a good host. He does have a pretty good sense of humor it seems.

That's cool. I might have watched if this was ten years ago, but I hate SNL now a days.

I don't like it either, I only watch it if there is a certain guest host or a band. I will tune in for this one though.

Yeah, despite my dislike for the show, I'll probably end up tuning in for it.

I bet they will have Routh hosting when the new season approaches.

They probably will. I expect Routh to be pretty big after SR hits theaters. At least for a while.

Could either be his 15 minutes of fame, or he is typecast as Superman, or he is something bigger.

^If he does as good as Reeve did (and I have great faith that he will), than he'll stay "BIG" for all time, just like Reeve.

Naite22 said:
^If he does as good as Reeve did (and I have great faith that he will), than he'll stay "BIG" for all time, just like Reeve.

Reeve wasn't really a big actor. He was known for Superman and theater. I mean that Village of the Damned remake and The Aviator, no a different Aviator, aren't great movies.

He did turn down parts such as Running Man and Total Recall. :up:

Showtime029 said:
Reeve wasn't really a big actor. He was known for Superman and theater. I mean that Village of the Damned remake and The Aviator, no a different Aviatory, aren't great movies.

Funny you said that...He wasn't a big actor (true)... But did he not become remembered as the man of steel ever since?? He did fantastic as superman, and that performence alone made him popular for all time. At least up until now.:supes:

Naite22 said:
Funny you said that...He wasn't a big actor (true)... But did he not become remembered as the man of steel ever since?? He did fantastic as superman, and that performence alone made him popular for all time. At least up until now.:supes:

That's what I posted NateDogg, "he was known for Superman".

It'll be good to see Spacey host again. The last time he hosted it was hilarious. Then again, we're currently in a season where neither Steve Martin or Alec Baldwin were able to get the cast back to a truely funny status, so if they can't do it, I don't know if anyone can.

TheSuperBatFan said:
It'll be good to see Spacey host again. The last time he hosted it was hilarious. Then again, we're currently in a season where neither Steve Martin or Alec Baldwin were able to get the cast back to a truely funny status, so if they can't do it, I don't know if anyone can.

What did they cover last time he hosted?

Spacey would be an awesome host...I hope Brandon does a suprise cameo! :up:

Maybe Bosworth and Routh will appear. I am sure there will be Superman references "flying" around that night.

last time he hosted it was during the Star Wars SE rereleases. One of the sketch's they did was "tapes of the auditions" of different stars trying out for parts. Spacey did Chris Walken trying out for Han Solo and Walter Matthau trying out for Obi Wan. I think he may have done others, but those are the only 2 I can remember. It was hilarious. They had Daryl Hammond as Richard Dryfus trying out for C-3PO, Norm McDonald as Burt Reynolds trying out for Han Solo, damn funny stuff. Can't remember much else, but it was like 9 years ago, I was 12, lol. I can't be expected to remember everything, :D.

Cool about Spacey. He's hosted before and I'm sure will do fine. He's quite funny.

As far as Reeve, you all need to watch Somewhere in Time. It's not the usual movie a lot of you would have seen, but it shows that Reeve can do a lot more than just Superman.

It always saddened me that Reeve didn't do more high profile stuff. He was a very gifted actor and it's a tragedy his true talents weren't seen on a larger scale beyond Superman.

TheSuperBatFan said:
last time he hosted it was during the Star Wars SE rereleases. One of the sketch's they did was "tapes of the auditions" of different stars trying out for parts. Spacey did Chris Walken trying out for Han Solo and Walter Matthau trying out for Obi Wan. I think he may have done others, but those are the only 2 I can remember. It was hilarious. They had Daryl Hammond as Richard Dryfus trying out for C-3PO, Norm McDonald as Burt Reynolds trying out for Han Solo, damn funny stuff. Can't remember much else, but it was like 9 years ago, I was 12, lol. I can't be expected to remember everything, :D.

I remember that one, I saw it on Comedy Central as a repeat. That was funny.

SolidSnakeMGS said:
Cool about Spacey. He's hosted before and I'm sure will do fine. He's quite funny.

As far as Reeve, you all need to watch Somewhere in Time. It's not the usual movie a lot of you would have seen, but it shows that Reeve can do a lot more than just Superman.

It always saddened me that Reeve didn't do more high profile stuff. He was a very gifted actor and it's a tragedy his true talents weren't seen on a larger scale beyond Superman.

I have seen the movie and it is what it is. He was good in it but it's not a high profile movie. Reeve turned down the bigger roles and never became mainstream because of it. Doesn't mean he wasn't a good actor though. He made us believe a many could fly.

As cool as Spacey is, I shall not go back to the world of the unfunny SNL.

Showtime029 said:
Reeve wasn't really a big actor. He was known for Superman and theater. I mean that Village of the Damned remake and The Aviator, no a different Aviatory, aren't great movies.

TPTB offered him those roles?!? they must have been senile.

I couldn't imagine reeves uttering lines like

"get your ass to mars, get your ass to mars"

"Consider it a divorce"

LOL

On the other hand those movies might have been more cerebral than action if he was onboard

Spacey was great in that 1997 star wars test screenings sketch

"what the bleep is a wookie?"

Awesome. This will be great exposure for the movie. :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"