Speculate: The Movie Progression Thread

Specter313 said:
Don't be getting sassy with me sweetie. And who said that would be happening early in the movie? Nobody. THINK.
I never stop thinking unlike some. Lot's of people have concluded that in order for the story to progress (the way many people here think) than the Angel scene happens early on in the film not 5 minutes or so before the final battle with the X-Men in full uniform...

WorthyStevens4 said:
Spec, look at the area in between her two eyebrows. It's folded/creased. She definitely has a look of concern on her face.

People also get that look when they're seeing something strange for the first time that isn't neccessarily "terrifying". Like seeing a man flying with wings.

Specter313 said:
There's never been any confirmed fight between Wolverine and MM.

It's in the trailer. If you mean confirmed as in mentioned by a person in the production, then no. But otherwise it's basically been confirmed.

1. Let's say that Wolverine and Storm find Jean at Akali. Why exactly are they there at that moment?

-My guess is that the professor senses her by using cerebro, or perhaps they are there after they recieve word of:
a) Scott's supposed death
b) Scott's kidnapping by magneto and crew
c) The phoenix rising out of the lake

2. After Jean escapes from the mansion and presumably goes back to her old home, does Callisto help Magneto find her? How does Magneto get in contact in Xavier in order for them to meet back at the house?

-Perhaps magneto does not contact Prof X. Mabye magneto uses callisto to find her, and the x-men find her as well by using cerebro. Magneto and crew get there first with Juggernaught, Quill, etc. That explains the shocked look on Wolveriene and Storm's faces. Magneto might tell his goons to hold off Wolveriene and Storm, while magneto and Psylocke go and meet with Jean. Psylocke will confuse Jean and get her to join Magneto.

3. If Mystique is captured and is released by Magneto at around the middle or end of the first act, what events lead to her being shackled and handcuffed again to where she' fighting off suited men in what seems to be almost an interrogation room?

-If you notice mystique, you notice that nothing she does is without a purpose. I believe she was captured on purpose, and she is the one that notifies Magneto about the caravan's location, as well as talking to the other prisoners in the truck as well, and convince them to join Magneto.

4. What events lead or come out from the shot of the Washington clinic explosion?
-Hmmm, its herd to tell. Perhaps a fight at the clinic, mabye Juggernaught, or even Pyro exploding the clinic with his abilities.

5. What's happening within the scene of Pyro shooting a flame within the truck with Magneto and Juggernaut?
-I believe trying to either:
a) Attack a guard and prove his worth to magneto
b) Attack a mutant who does not join magneto
c) Just show off his abilities

6. Where and when does Angel meet the X-Men? How does he cross their path?
-Again, its hard to speculate. Perhaps professor is scanning through cerebro for anyone to help, or has been watching Angel for some time, and invites him to teh x-mansion to aid the x-men.
-Or mabye he is on his way to a location, and stumbles along a battle against the brotherhood and x-men. He might save one of the x-men in the process and decide to join them later after the battle is over.

7. What is Wolverine doing before he makes a backflip off a tree in the forest?
-Returning from aklali lake in the woods, and is ambushed by multiple man. Perhaps magneto knows the only way he will win the battle is to eliminate the x-men one by one. EX)
a) Sending multiple man to assassinate wolverine.
b) kidnapping Scott from alkali lake

8. What is Xavier seeing when he's probing Jean's mind? When does he leave and when does Wolverine come into the room?
-I don't know if they will show anything, but if they do it will probably be flames and a violently laughing voice, or a really confused jean.
-Perhaps he leaves to deal with angel, beast, or one of the other xmen.

9. What is Arclight doing with the shockwave she makes in the trailer?
-Just creating a distraction, perhaps there are police there. Or trying to stun some x-men.

10. Magneto, Juggernaut, Callisto, Quills, and Arclight are all there at Jean's old street apparently. How exactly did they get there?
-Callisto senses jean, or even Storm and leads the brotherhood there.

(Im still new to the forum, I hope I give any useful insight.)

BTW - Off topic. I've been furiously looking for a way in my user profile to add a custom avatar, I just cant seem to find it. Can someone help? Please PM me.

Specter313 said:
People also get that look when they're seeing something strange for the first time that isn't neccessarily "terrifying". Like seeing a man flying with wings.

She's seen a man shoot claws out of his hands, a man turn into organic metal, a girl who can phase through a lot of things, and many other mutants. But a man with wings is considered strange to her? :p

OncomingStorm said:
I never stop thinking unlike some. Lot's of people have concluded that in order for the story to progress (the way many people here think) than the Angel scene happens early on in the film not 5 minutes or so before the final battle with the X-Men in full uniform...

Again, tone your attitude down. And again, there is no reason to say that has to happen early in the film. What's he gonna do once they find him that early? Just sit on his butt back at the mansion? And again, how is he going to get there? He can fly, but he can't fly that far, that fast, for him to make it to the mansion within the timeframe of the film.

tonytr1687 said:
It's in the trailer. If you mean confirmed as in mentioned by a person in the production, then no. But otherwise it's basically been confirmed.

Uh, no, we've never seen that in the trailer.

WorthyStevens4 said:
She's seen a man shoot claws out of his hands, a man turn into organic metal, a girl who can phase through a lot of things, and many other mutants. But a man with wings is considered strange to her? :p

If she's seen it for the first time, then yes.

Why are you of all people arguing this with me?

Specter313 said:
Again, tone your attitude down. And again, there is no reason to say that has to happen early in the film. What's he gonna do once they find him that early? Just sit on his butt back at the mansion? And again, how is he going to get there? He can fly, but he can't fly that far, that fast, for him to make it to the mansion within the timeframe of the film.
Last time I check, I don't know you and you don't know me. Therefore, don't tell me to tone an attitude down that's not even present.

So you think he gon be flying from the time we see him jump out the glass till the very moment the X-Jet flies over Magneto's marching army. Well he's a slow flyer then, he might wanna get some frequent flyer miles...

Specter313 said:
If she's seen it for the first time, then yes.

Why are you of all people arguing this with me?

I'm not trying to argue, but I don't think it's Angel that they're seeing...

Storm didn't look too surprised to see Nightcrawler's appearance the first time she saw him in X2. I don't see how she would be any more surprised to see Angel since he's more normal looking.

OncomingStorm said:
Last time I check, I don't know you and you don't know me. Therefore, don't tell me to tone an attitude down that's not even present.

So you think he gon be flying from the time we see him jump out the glass till the very moment the X-Jet flies over Magneto's marching army. Well he's a slow flyer then, he might wanna get some frequent flyer miles...

First you put my name in capitals and then the word "think" in capitals as well, which shows emphasis on those words, which means you're saying them with attitude behind them. Then you say "I never stop thinking unlike some" which clearly shows you're saying that I don't think. If you don't have an attitude, then watch how you talk.

And did I ever say that he would be flying the entire time? No. Stop putting words in my mouth, and actually read what I say without jumping to conclusions.

Majik1387 said:
I think people speculate it's in the beginning because I believe it was confirmed that Warren Worthington Sr. wanted to test the cure on his son to see if it would work. Since a working cure is a huge deal in the movie, they would need to show it works first, even though Angel gets away. Then Dr. Rao or Worthington Sr. wold get another mutant to test it on.
You what you said! Totally agree...:up:

Specter313 said:
Uh, no, we've never seen that in the trailer.

Wow dude this has been known for quite some time. It's been in several set reports and most of us here are pretty sure it's MM's clones he's fighting in the scene in the trailer with him in the forest slashing around.

Samuryan said:
2. After Jean escapes from the mansion and presumably goes back to her old home, does Callisto help Magneto find her? How does Magneto get in contact in Xavier in order for them to meet back at the house?

-Perhaps magneto does not contact Prof X. Mabye magneto uses callisto to find her, and the x-men find her as well by using cerebro. Magneto and crew get there first with Juggernaught, Quill, etc. That explains the shocked look on Wolveriene and Storm's faces. Magneto might tell his goons to hold off Wolveriene and Storm, while magneto and Psylocke go and meet with Jean. Psylocke will confuse Jean and get her to join Magneto.

6. Where and when does Angel meet the X-Men? How does he cross their path?
-Again, its hard to speculate. Perhaps professor is scanning through cerebro for anyone to help, or has been watching Angel for some time, and invites him to teh x-mansion to aid the x-men.
-Or mabye he is on his way to a location, and stumbles along a battle against the brotherhood and x-men. He might save one of the x-men in the process and decide to join them later after the battle is over.

10. Magneto, Juggernaut, Callisto, Quills, and Arclight are all there at Jean's old street apparently. How exactly did they get there?
-Callisto senses jean, or even Storm and leads the brotherhood there.
[/B]
I was under the belief that Cerebro wouldn't be used in at all in X3...I'm thinking that Simon Kinberg or Zak Penn said this..

and yeah, Magneto could find out where Jean is, but I can't believe that she went to a place that is in walking distance or something...I was just wondering if there was gonna be some kind of transportation shown being used by Magneto to get them to the house or something...I dunno..

-TNC

tonytr1687 said:
Wow dude this has been known for quite some time. It's been in several set reports and most of us here are pretty sure it's MM's clones he's fighting in the scene in the trailer with him in the forest slashing around.

No, it hasn't. The only set reports to contain that were Ricky lies, and that's definitely not a MM clone he's slashing in the woods, because last time I checked, none of the clones were wearing sleeveless hoodie shirts with a tattoo on his upper arms, and forearm pads.

Specter313 said:
First you put my name in capitals and then the word "think" in capitals as well, which shows emphasis on those words, which means you're saying them with attitude behind them. Then you say "I never stop thinking unlike some" which clearly shows you're saying that I don't think. If you don't have an attitude, then watch how you talk.

And did I ever say that he would be flying the entire time? No. Stop putting words in my mouth, and actually read what I say without jumping to conclusions.
Oh, I'm sorry, I forgot new members must always be sycophants to veteran members. My bad, homie...

Anyhoo, here's my question: I'm wondering what exactly starts the fight between Storm/Wolverine and the Gruesome Foursome...?

TNC9852002 said:
I was under the belief that Cerebro wouldn't be used in at all in X3...I'm thinking that Simon Kinberg or Zak Penn said this..

and yeah, Magneto could find out where Jean is, but I can't believe that she went to a place that is in walking distance or something...I was just wondering if there was gonna be some kind of transportation shown being used by Magneto to get them to the house or something...I dunno..

-TNC
Maybe Magneto uses one of the government SUV's that he didn't destroy?

OncomingStorm said:
Oh, I'm sorry, I forgot new members must always be sycophants to veteran members. My bad, homie...

Anyhoo, here's my question: I'm wondering what exactly starts the fight between Storm/Wolverine and the Gruesome Foursome...?

Yeah, you don't have an attitude. :rolleyes: Grow up.

Majik1387 said:
He could be right and he could be wrong, same as you.

People, remember Magneto talks to his army in the woods/forest, so it could either be Morlock or Multiple Man clones that Wolvie is fighting, maybe even both.

But I do remember a report that confrimed Wolvie to be fighting MM. I don't think it specified in what setting but I know it was confirmed.

Again, that report was a lie.

Majik1387 said:
I'm not talking about the Ricky Hoggard set report, I'm talking about the report that was released in the past 3-4 weeks.

No, I don't remember seeing anything like that in those set reports. I just went through them and the only times MM is mentioned are very quick and say nothing about him fighting.

They aren't disbeleiving reports, they are arguing and taking it personally.

-I wonder,...How will Jean go about leaving out of the mansion? Is anyone gonna stop her? Are the kids gonna look at her and go, "WTF?" or something?

-TNC

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"