Sequels Spider-Man 4 and 5 Shooting At The Same Time?

Electrix

Avenger
Reaction score
Cinematical just received a tasty little scoop from one of our trusty top secret super delegate Hollywood insiders, and it's purty interesting (all you Spidey fans might want to listen up): Apparently, in the last few weeks, James Vanderbilt (Zodiac) has turned in a working draft of Spider-Man 4 to the studio. However, according to our source, "his story arc has encompassed two films, making Spider-Man 5 shootable at the same time. The studio saw dollar signs and is in the process of reworking his deal to snatch up the story arc." Don't expect anything immediately, though, since we've been told both sides are still trying to negotiate the deal.

Right now we have no word on what that arc is or where Vanderbilt is taking his script, but it's interesting to know that they're looking to spread the next Spidey storyline across two films, instead of shooting one more and taking it from there. Obviously Sony has wiped away the bad buzz from Spidey 3 and is interested in stretching this franchise as far as they can. After three flicks, I can't see Sam Raimi, Tobey Maguire and Kirsten Dunst returning to shoot two Spider-Man films together (would be a lot to take on), but you never know. In the meantime, here's what we know: Looks like Vanderbilt is writing Spider-Man 4 and Spider-Man 5, and the studio might look to shoot both flicks at the same time. We'll update this post should we hear more ...

http://www.cinematical.com/2008/05/16/scoop-spider-man-4-and-5-might-be-shot-at-the-same-time/

Interesting, don't know if I can trust the site's source though. The site looks weird. lol

I predict the three amigos(Raimi,Maguire,and Dunst) will return for #4 &5.

IF this is true then may I just say: NOW THAT'S WHAT I'M TALKIN' ABOUT!

I predict the three amigos(Raimi,Maguire,and Dunst) will return for #4 &5.

I don't, Raimi as a producer most likely, but I cant see Tobey or Dunst coming back

Anyway, this is interesting news. Hopefully no symbiotes, I want me some classic villains :hyper:

funny...that was originally the plan for SM3...to be two films

No the original plan wasn't for it to be two films, it was just gonna be one film. However after writing the script, they realized was too long and and afterwards they wanted to break it into two films but they couldn't because they only had the team locked contracts for one last film, so it would have been a hassle to being in new contracts.

Should'a would'a could'a... I think they'll have to recast regradless... which would be an enourmous blow... if they somehow do get the cast back I think they should go for the SInister 6 setup... say what you want... its better than Carnage or Electro for the grand finale... and I don't want Hopgoblin either. I am hoping Ock comes back at the end of SM4 like Barbossa... then we can get SM5 sometime in 2011. Makes sense IMO.

Suh-WEET! I was wondering, with the slew of Marvel movie announcements, when we were going to hear about some more Spidey-Gold!

Can't wait! Hopefully, my little girl will be old enough to enjoy them when the y come out!:woot:

Now that I think about it, is Cinematical a reliable place?

Now that I think about it, is Cinematical a reliable place?

Honestly? I don't care....it's good Spidey news. Aside from the cartoon, there isn't alot of "good Spidey news" around.

Honestly? I don't care....it's good Spidey news. Aside from the cartoon, there isn't alot of "good Spidey news" around.
Yeah but if it's false, then we're right back to nothing.

sounds fishy. i think it's kind of weird that they'd be filming 4 & 5 together, since that would leave 6 as more of a stand-alone film. i would think they would do spider-man 4 to bring in some new concepts and ideas and maybe test some new waters, and depending on what happened with 4, then they shoot 5 & 6 together to finish off the second trilogy. either way... two spidey flicks in the same year?

*fangasm* :wow:

Just because there filmed back to back doesn't mean it would be released in the same year.

right, but they probably would be released within a year of each other. the return of the king was released a year after the two towers. the matrix sequels came out even quicker then that, actually having been released in the same year. what's the point of filming them together if you're not aiming to do that?

Wow some actual news. Even if it's false, I don't care. I bet the part about him turning in a draft is at least accurate.

I don't, Raimi as a producer most likely, but I cant see Tobey or Dunst coming back

Anyway, this is interesting news. Hopefully no symbiotes, I want me some classic villains :hyper:

They certainly said they could see themselves coming back. In fact they said they would.

They certainly said they could see themselves coming back. In fact they said they would.
Raimi would come back if Tobey came back, Tobey would come back if Raimi came back, something like that.

I wonder if, whether or not it's true, the filming back to back makes it more likely or less likely for the original cast and crew to come back.

I can't really imagine Sony wanting to go with an all new cast for two movies already. That would be a big risk.

Yea only if Raimi came back as director. Plus ever heard all the whining Dunst did about doing sequels? Theres a video montage somewhere on youtube taken from different interviews about how shes not all too thrilled about these movies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"