• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Far From Home Spider-Man: Far From Home General Discussion and Speculation - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
If he hadn't quite recovered from Infinity War, they could've called this movie:

515ZHS0340L.jpg

:o

Rumor is though that she might just be an MI6 agent and not have the powers yet. But who knows.

So basically a British version of Sharon Carter and Maria Hill. Lets hope not as boring as those two.

I hope they never speak of his parents. Especially after the garbage TASM movies. Uncle Ben needs mentioned, sure.

I wouldn't mind the films touching on his parents working with shield, but I'd much rather Uncle Ben be mentioned first. Mysterio could definitely offer some unique situations for Ben to be touched upon.

I hope they never speak of his parents. Especially after the garbage TASM movies. Uncle Ben needs mentioned, sure.

I don't know... Seems an opportunity to adapt things from the comic and to get into Ben in one subplot to me. I mean one has to ask why Fury is being included at all right? If the Parkers had a connection to the world of secret agents then Fury, upon learning about Peter as a super hero could choose to contact him. I don't suspect Fury being as big a presence as Stark was in HC but I would guess his appearance has to have some meaning especially with his keeping a low profile since AOU.

I don't know... Seems an opportunity to adapt things from the comic and to get into Ben in one subplot to me. I mean one has to ask why Fury is being included at all right? If the Parkers had a connection to the world of secret agents then Fury, upon learning about Peter as a super hero could choose to contact him. I don't suspect Fury being as big a presence as Stark was in HC but I would guess his appearance has to have some meaning especially with his keeping a low profile since AOU.

We spent 2 movies with the mystery of Peter's parents. They sucked, and I would rather we not go right back into it. Peter's parents were never really a major part of the comic outside that 1 period of time, and even there that story line wasn't great. I would have the focus on much better stories. Spidey has plenty.

If Spidey does some secret agent-lite stuff in this movie with his globetrotting Nick Fury could just have an offhand comment about following in his parents footsteps. That's all that's really needed for the fans.

I'm still theorizing that
if they bring Jess in the MCU with out her powers it'll be because she lost them, rather than not having them to begin with.

If Spidey does some secret agent-lite stuff in this movie with his globetrotting Nick Fury could just have an offhand comment about following in his parents footsteps. That's all that's really needed for the fans.

I would prefer no mention, but if it is a quick mention, whatever. I don't want it as a focus of the movie at all.

I would prefer no mention, but if it is a quick mention, whatever. I don't want it as a focus of the movie at all.

Uncle Ben deserves a mention over Peter's parents in any case.

I think it was handled best in the 2002 film.

Norman: Impressive, your parents must be very proud.
Peter: I live with my Aunt and Uncle, they are proud.

It's a super fast acknowledgement that Peter had parents, they are no longer in his life, and he is being raised by his Aunt and Uncle. You get the basic idea and the film moves on. :yay:

No one gives a tinker's damn about what happened to Peter's parents, let's move on from that forever.

Last edited:
The fact that they shot that scene shows how much they didn't understand what they were doing.

What makes it worse is that it was really well acted. Melodramatic, sure, but Garfield and Scott were really at their A-game, and it was wasted on utter trash.

Uncle Ben deserves a mention over Peter's parents in any case.

I agree in a vacuum. However, in the context of Nick Fury, things might be different. I would hope we're all in agreement we don't want Uncle Ben to have been a SHIELD agent, so it's really a question of Nick Fury knowing Peter's parents or not.

I agree in a vacuum. However, in the context of Nick Fury, things might be different. I would hope we're all in agreement we don't want Uncle Ben to have been a SHIELD agent, so it's really a question of Nick Fury knowing Peter's parents or not.

This. What is Fury doing in this film at all? Given 616 history it's not out there to think it could be about the Parkers.

That being said, one shouldn't discount the possibility of looking at 1610 instead of 616.

Idk I'm just really looking forward to Jackson and Holland possibly having screen time together.

I think everyone is overthinking the role of Nick Fury with Peter's parents. Fury is basically the grand-daddy of the Avengers, and he has been around since Iron Man 1's credit scene.

Fury had a strong relationship with Peter in the Ultimate universe, basically overseeing what he does and keeping an EYE on him.

In the context of the MCU, after the events of Infinity War/A4, I imagine he would want to be around and see what the youngest Avenger is up to.

If Stark dies in A4, maybe Fury can fill in that overseer role that Tony has had so far. That would be an interesting dynamic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stevezorz
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"