Spider-Man is such a sarcastic smart-ass in the comics. In the movies? Not so much.

Peter B. Parker

Civilian
Reaction score
That's one thing that has been missing from the movies. In the comics, Spidey always made jokes at his villains. Poking fun at them and throwing in pop culture references. Well, that's a major thing that Raimi decided not to throw into the movies. In Spider-Man 3, we should of seen Spidey just catch some random thief and just poke fun at him. In the comics, he did that constantly. Why not in the movies? Sure, he made a jab at Sandman but wasn't really all that impressive. More or less confirming his arrogance. Raimi, why didn't you give Spidey his humor?

He's done it in the past, such as "here's your change" in the bank to Doc Ock, in this one saying "Shazam!" to the crowd...but you're right, he doesn't do it as much. It's hard to insert dialogue into fight scenes though, especially if they are suppose to have gravity.

Remember, "Jig's up, pal. I'm the sheriff around these parts."

And the way Topher as Venom made fun of "Spidey's Spider- sense" (as a nod to the comics) was funny too.

I also like After black Symbiote Spidey broke Brock camera said "See ya Chump" right as he enter's the manhole to go after Sandy in the underground train .

and the way Topher said "What the Hell man" lol

He's done it in the past, such as "here's your change" in the bank to Doc Ock, in this one saying "Shazam!" to the crowd...but you're right, he doesn't do it as much. It's hard to insert dialogue into fight scenes though, especially if they are suppose to have gravity.

It's not that hard. Ever see ninja turtles?

While three is the funniest of the films it is not because of Spidey's wisecracks unfortunatly.

That is why I love TAS so much, Daniel-Barnes nailed the part perfectly and made all jokes funny.

Sometime when Tobey tries it...it is a little embarrasing: "it's you whose gobby, out of your mind"...*shivers*.

And the way Topher as Venom made fun of "Spidey's Spider- sense" (as a nod to the comics) was funny too.

I also like After black Symbiote Spidey broke Brock camera said "See ya Chump" right as he enter's the manhole to go after Sandy in the underground train .

and the way Topher said "What the Hell man" lol

Topher IS spider-man.

shame he couldn't play him.

Nah, I don't agree. He did say this one-linners jokes in all 3 films.

D!

I've always had a problem with wisecracks (or quips, period) when fighting villains, especially in live action comic book films. It's the whole, it works on paper and cartoons, but not on film thing with me. Unless of course, it's an R-rated film, and your jokes can become obscure and less juvenile oriented.

So that's how it is on the hype. Are you guys that biased towards raimi?

Hulk doesn't say hulk smash and the movie's garbage. Spidey dances, forgives murders, doesn't say anything truly witty, and it's all good. Never liked spidey's wit anyway.

*leaves*

That is why I love TAS so much, Daniel-Barnes nailed the part perfectly and made all jokes funny.

Sometime when Tobey tries it...it is a little embarrasing: "it's you whose gobby, out of your mind"...*shivers*.

Daniel is still my all time favorite Spidey voice . He really did an outstanding job with all the wisecracks .

That's because he was screaming like a little girl behind the mask in that scene . he improved a lot in movie 2 & 3 .

i wish spider-man would have made more jokes, but what can ya do?
i was playing the spider-man 3 game and while i'm fighting sandman in the subway, maguire says, "Like I'm gonna take crap from a walking beach." I thought it was really funny and it was delivered perfectly. It would have worked for the movie.

SM1 and 2 sucked with spidey/Pete's dialogue, hell the dialogue sucked period but the dialogue in sm3 was much much better and spidey had a lot to say, I was content with the amount and what he said. That cocky lil'chuckle he made just before saying to sandman he's the sherrif of these parts was classic. His laid back guard and confidence is something that was missing in both sm1 and 2 and I hope they keep it in the sequals......also, I give them credit for not over doing it.

Daniel is still my all time favorite Spidey voice . He really did an outstanding job with all the wisecracks .

Agreed he is Spider-Man. Never have I seen a cartoon where an actor and character marry each other so perfectly.

That's because he was screaming like a little girl behind the mask in that scene . he improved a lot in movie 2 & 3 .

LOL, again I agree. The "here's your change" line was far better.

Hulk doesn't say hulk smash and the movie's garbage. Spidey dances, forgives murders, doesn't say anything truly witty, and it's all good. Never liked spidey's wit anyway.

*leaves*

When you come back, get your story straight. Hulk was garbage because it simply was. I couldn't care less if Hulk didn't say a word, that movie deviated from the source material to the point where the movie just became a big WTF.

....and no offence but by your own admission, you've read 1 spidey book......thgat says it all :whatever: :o

What about that line in SM1 during his match with Bonesaw?

"That's a cute outfit. Did your husband give it to you?"

Agreed he is Spider-Man. Never have I seen a cartoon where an actor and character marry each other so perfectly.

I have (Kevin Conroy as BATMAN) , Mark Hamill as The Joker

(Tim Daly as SUPERMAN) , Clancy Brown as Lex Luthor

(Most of all the main Characters from The 90's X-men) The guy who does Wolverine was wickedly cool.

LOL, again I agree. The "here's your change" line was far better.
Yes, so was "Shut it down Ock"

Althought have to admit in the movie games tobey's does a lot of wisecracking as spidey . so far the ones for movie game 3 is funny as hell.

Yeah he used them a lot more in the other movies. It seemed like a lot of things that made the other movies good were missing from this one. It was very rushed.

Remember, "Jig's up, pal. I'm the sheriff around these parts."

I never heard him say jigs up. I heard him say, "I'm not sure if you've heard but I'm the sherrif round these parts."

When you come back, get your story straight. Hulk was garbage because it simply was. I couldn't care less if Hulk didn't say a word, that movie deviated from the source material to the point where the movie just became a big WTF.

....and no offence but by your own admission, you've read 1 spidey book......thgat says it all :whatever: :o

Well I guarantee most here haven't even read one. They're just jumping on the bandwagon to enjoy the ride like you are right now.

You're all corrupt, biased, and hypocritical by praising raimi for all these years and condemning the same things in other films and you think you're getting away with it. Go ahead. What does it matter.

years from now you'll forget about this movie anyway.

Well I guarantee most here haven't even read one. They're just jumping on the bandwagon to enjoy the ride like you are right now.

You're all corrupt, biased, and hypocritical by praising raimi for all these years and condemning the same things in other films and you think you're getting away with it. Go ahead. What does it matter.

years from now you'll forget about this movie anyway.

Making sweeping statements are we? Well, allow me to educate you on something. I do NOT like sm1 and 2. I've been declaring my hate for those 2 movies for years, anyone here will tell you that, in fact, its common knowledge.
I'm on no bandwagon here, sm3 is very different from the last 2 flicks and I love this movie, so, there is no bias on my part and this is the only spidey flick out of the 3 that I'll cherrish.

*leaves*
Someone hasn't been taking their happy pills I see. And stop prentending that everyone likes or worships Sam Raimi or the Spider-Man's films (it's getting annoying), nothing is ever "ALL GOOD" for fanboys--especially when it comes to Spider-Man. At least not as long as I've been registered on the Hype.

Who said that they never liked Spidey's quips, I'm saying it doesn't work well on film for me (no matter who the actor is saying it)? You mentioned the Ninja Turtles, but they're freakin' turtles man. It's much harder to pull off making quips at a villain in a child-like way, who's a threat to other people most of the time he's on screen. Not to mention, it makes the villain seem less threatening. Just imagine if the fight scene with Doc Ock consisted of Spidey making fun of his shoes and coat (or saying the Bugs Bunny line "What's Up Doc"), while his throwing MOFOs off the train. I don't mind a few quips, but they have to be timed, and at the appropriate moment.

And for the record, I liked the Hulk movie. :cwink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"