Spider-Man MCU personality

Discussion in 'Spider-Man: Homecoming' started by project13, Aug 14, 2015.

1. Webhead2006 The Web-Swinger

As much as a good actor Tobey was. I never really felt his more emotional scenes, plus he did have some funny facial expressions lol.

2. ernesth100 The Writing Avenger

Eh, whocares. I enjoyed Tobeys films. I enjoyed Andrews films. Here's to hoping Hollands portrayal puts them both to shame.

3. BarryAllen ey b0ss

But you have to focus on Peter doing engineering and coding because you have to set the stage for him to be intelligent at such a young age. The whole photographer thing can just be explained as a job he has to make money, no different than someone working in a fast food place or department store while they're in high school.

4. Webhead2006 The Web-Swinger

Personally I do want them to show and do more with peter science background. But their is no reason you can't also say he has a love for photography too as a hobby. And then he uses that hobby to get bugle job. And we do bugle thing for a bit. Then move off to do something like peter working at dtark, tricorp, horizon labs down the road.

5. project13 Registered

Here is Pete's bio for Civil War:

Spider-Man — Recruited personally by Tony Stark, teenager Peter Parker aka Spider-Man brings his youthful energy and exceptional — though not totally mastered — skills to Iron Man’s team.

Read more: 'Captain America: Civil War' Official Bios, Costume Upgrades and Hi-Res Behind-The-Scenes Photos - Stitch Kingdom
    StitchKingdom.com - The #1 unofficial source for news on Disney

So basically he would be a wide-eyed idealistic foil for Tony.

6. JOE _________________________

I'm really anxious to see how he's recruited by Tony/Team Iron-Man... Does he see him catching criminals or something? How long has he been on his radar?

7. MyDudeSpidey Marvel's

According to Anthony Russo,
    Spider-Man is sort of like a myth at the start. There's been some "sasquatch type" surveillance videos going around, strange things happening around the city, sightings, etc. Tony hears about this, does some investigating, finds out it's Peter Parker, and goes to recruit him at his house.

8. JOE _________________________

I really like that!!!

Hopefully they show that footage and not just mention it! :D

9. Neno_Kos Registered

I like it. On other hand I dont like it.
    It means Norman Osborn also knows who Spider-Man is if Tony can figure it. And Doc Ock.

10. PeterBenParker Wallopin' Websnappers!

Still hoping Spidey will either abandon Tony's side or go to Cap's side at some point, 'cause him being Team IM doesn't really fit him -- aside from him and Tony being on the same intellectual level, I guess.

11. JOE _________________________

Maybe Tony gives Peter some tips on how to be more secretive? Hence helping him out with the costume? Maybe he'll delete whatever breadcrums Peter accidentally left? There's ways around what's bothering you, I wouldn't sweat it.

12. Shikamaru Registered

Ouch. Not a fan of that spoiler for the same reason as Neno Kos.

13. UltimateWebhead Black's the new Red&Blue

Yeah, I also have to agree on that note. [BLACKOUT]I don't like the idea that Peter's secret identity is being compromised. [/BLACKOUT]

14. Shikamaru Registered

[BLACKOUT]It reminds me of Man of Steel. Lois had such an easy time tracking down Clark. Granted it's not as bad this time given Tony is smarter and has more resources, but it still means the likes of Norman Osborn can find out.[/BLACKOUT]

15. UltimateWebhead Black's the new Red&Blue

[BLACKOUT]Yep. One of Peter's greatest assests to his stories is his responsibility to others, to those he cares about and he kept his identity a secret for those reasons. I was hoping it would remain a secret in the new films...oh well. But yeah, Tony with all his resources, sure, it makes sense he could figure it out...same as Norman. Though Norman actually did learn about Peter's identity in 616 when he snowed Pete's spidey senses. [/BLACKOUT]

Not really a deal breaker for me. Hopefully this plays out well and doesn't come across as lazy and [BLACKOUT]Tony will keep it between him and Peter...Tony should understand why that secret is needed, a 16 yr old kid, lost his uncle, needs to protect his Aunt, etc. [/BLACKOUT]

16. ernesth100 The Writing Avenger

Let's be honest sooner or later Norman finds out in the comics/shows/whatever other media anyway. So does it really matter?

17. TheWebbedDevil Herald of Galactus

Is there now officially Civil War Spoilers to do with Spider-Man?

18. ernesth100 The Writing Avenger

19. AnneFan Hathaway #1

From what I've read, Peter is full on science geek in this, which is good with me. But with healthy doses of humour, also as per the character's roots.

20. UltimateWebhead Black's the new Red&Blue

Yeah it definitely is exciting to read about them nailing certain spects of the character. I truly hope they full-on get the duality of Peter/Spider-Man in this and the new solo series.

I'm usually not sold on Twitter reactions/posts because it's usually full of hyperbole and over-reactions but when I read this:

https://twitter.com/gerryconway/status/720158753371213824

I became genuinely excited.

21. JOE _________________________

"Fight dialogue" this guy gets it. Something Raimi or Webb never understood. He's a motor mouth, non-stop quipping when fighting. It gets in their head, it's almost a power of his to a certain extent.

22. UltimateWebhead Black's the new Red&Blue

Of course. It's sometimes a product of nerves but when he does the constant quipping it has a great effect in that it throws off the concentration of his opponent.

"Do. You. Ever. Shut up?!!" -- Doc Ock

"Sorry. No. My fans expect a certain amount of quippage." -- Spider-Man

23. Spider-Gnome Walloping Web-Snappers!

Considering Conway was writing Amazing when I first started reading it and that was my early interpretation of the character, this bodes VERY well! :woot:

24. project13 Registered

25. Brutalitops Registered

Multiple Civil War reviews I've read say they nail his personality.

Falcon even gets annoyed with Pete during the airport fight because he won't shut up. Falcon asks him if he's ever been in a fight before because there is normally a lot less talking during a fight.