Homecoming Spider-Man MCU personality

Here's Pete's characterization in Civil War:

Outside of his Spider-Man persona, Peter lives the life of a normal 15 year old high school student. He cares deeply for his Aunt May. He is a very intelligent science enthusiast, capable of inventing and building his own Web-Shooters. He gathers both science and comic books in his room, along with his Spider-Man costume, which he hides in a tiny room at the ceiling. Keeping his secret identity is very important to him, as he even confronted Tony Stark when he implied to tell his aunt. Peter mentioned a tragic event in his past, which is the reason for why responsibility is so important to him.
Peter is also highly impressionable towards authoritative figures, likely due to his young age and inexperience. An example of this was towards Captain America, when asked about why he was fighting, Peter stated that it was because Tony had said that Rogers was in the wrong. Peter was also very excited to be in a fight with other superheroes, to the point where people on both Captain America's and Iron Man's teams were asking how old he is, due to his childlike behavior during the airport battle. As such, he was also the least experienced fighter at the airport battle. Through his first official mission as Spider-Man, Peter showed a strong desire to impress the other superheroes and prove his worth.
As Spider-Man, Peter is courageous and capable and can also comes up with clever strategies due to his scientific expertise. He frequently annoys his enemies with fast talking humor and quipping. It is such childish quips that made everyone at the battle question how old he is. When he doesn't wear the mask however, Peter behaves very friendly and shy, and often stumbles over his own words.

Source: http://marvelcinematicuniverse.wikia.com/wiki/Spider-Man

How do you think his character will develop in his solo films?

:hehe:

Whoever wrote that should be knighted by the president or something! :D

I liked the teases at his origin without going into depth. I'm hoping that's the route they take in the MCU. I won't rake them over the coals if they do explore it further though. It's the core of the character after all.

Tom Holland gave an interview regarding what to expect in terms of characterization for Spidey.

“We’re trying to bring it down to its bare bones and make the most realistic version of a superhero movie we can possibly make. And that means watching him fill up his web cartridges and watching him run out of web and reload, and all sorts of stuff. It’s so cool and such an amazing story to explore…it’s a dream come true.”

If I'd guess it'd be the Ultimate Peter/Spidey personality after seeing Civil War with a bit of original stuff mixed in. All this being based off of Civil War, of course.

Hope he's not as naive in Homecoming.

Tom Holland gave an interview regarding what to expect in terms of characterization for Spidey.

“We’re trying to bring it down to its bare bones and make the most realistic version of a superhero movie we can possibly make. And that means watching him fill up his web cartridges and watching him run out of web and reload, and all sorts of stuff. It’s so cool and such an amazing story to explore…it’s a dream come true.”

This makes me so happy, its something so miniscule but after 5 movies we're finally gonna see Spidey run out of web and reload his shooters, for me thats just great, seems so unimportant but thats how much i love Spider-Man lol.

If I'd guess it'd be the Ultimate Peter/Spidey personality after seeing Civil War with a bit of original stuff mixed in. All this being based off of Civil War, of course.

Hope he's not as naive in Homecoming.

And by Ultimate, do you mean the comic book or the animated show?

I love that description of Spidey, it's spot on. Can't wait to see the first Homecoming trailer.

This makes me happy. The small stuff means a lot when it comes to Spidey. It's part of his charm.

Here's how I envision the MCU incarnation of the Web-Head:

As a superhero, Peter would be the embodiment of the best traits of both Tony Stark and Steve Rogers and blend them with his own youthful, optimistic spirit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"