No Way Home Spider-Man No Way Home - Rate and Review Thread (Spoilers)

Saw NWH for the 2nd time at the cinema last weekend. If anything, I think that I enjoyed it more this time around. Probably because I wasn't going "Wow, look at that" or "Wow, look who just turned up" and could pay more attention to the actual movie... :D

Saw it earlier this week. While not a bad film, a lot of it feels like it is stealing from superior Spider-man content, namely Spiderverse and PS4 game. And frankly, the MCU parts of the film dragged this film down even more. The whole Strange fight was too long, and really a distraction that took time away from the real draw of this film. There is fun in seeing the old actors, and villains interacting with each other from different films. But it is still a sub par Spider-verse to me.

Also, a serious talking to needs to be had with whoever did that new version of Holland's suit. The CG model is fine. But adding reflective foam tape to the physical suit was very, very distracting.

So, just saw it this weekend. Without getting into full details. . . honestly, my initial reaction was pretty much accurate. Its a good movie, but it is still basically a lesser clone of Into the Spider-verse, it still relies way too much on nostalgia about the returning characters, and even though it handles it the best way possible, it still is founded on the terrible stinger ending of FFH that is followed up on as well as possible, but is still terrible. I'd call it a 7/10.

If any hypothetical future movie has Peter *working* for JJJ, I am out. The guy deserves to have his head punched off, he is flat out one of the villains of the movie, and more contemptible than most of the Spider Rogues Gallery present.

I liked No Way Home, but Homecoming is still the best MCU Spidey film. It's more focused, better written, and much more of a John Watts' Spidey film - No Way Home feels like anyone could have directed it.

This movie kind of sucks. Garfield and tobey are good! Only good parts imo. I just absolutely hate holland and his entire universe. I was glad aunt May died and his friends are gone. I hope that this is a reboot with completely new characters. Like every single character including hollands peter is just awful. Seeing the other two spidey just shows how bad he is.

MCU gets a lot right….but man they completely butchered spidey.

Rewatched since opening night.

This film is simply awesome. It has everything a spider fan would want. Strong thematic resonance, stellar action, some cool visuals, good balance of dark and light. Pacing is mostly smooth. Rough beginning but it gets better as it goes along.

The film shouldn’t work but the fact that it’s more than just nostalgia bait makes all the difference.

there are nitpicks but honestly, I don’t care. This will be cherished for years on the concept alone and how well they executed Holland’s origin story.

Saw the movie 2 times in theaters loved it even more the second time. Going to watch it for first time on Blu-ray tommorw with my mom who I was going to see it with in theaters but didnt because she got sick. Watching the special features right now and never gets old but man I love William defo he is just to perfect.

Saw it for the third time. I still liked it, and probably always will. The stuff I love about it just keeps getting stronger with each viewing.

Other than Zendaya as MJ, the MCU stuff are the weakest parts of the film. There is some irony to this - the film would probably not have been as good without the MCU's talents, but the one version Sony made in collaboration with them is the version that arguably carries NWH the least.

The first act is the least interesting because it's the most focused on the MCU side of things. Peter at the beginning of this film still feels like the empty Zoomer algorithm he's been for the previous five films, making it hard to fully get invested. The second act gets more interesting with the arrival of the villains, while the third act and the ending are phenomenal.

Rewatched since opening night.

This film is simply awesome. It has everything a spider fan would want. Strong thematic resonance, stellar action, some cool visuals, good balance of dark and light. Pacing is mostly smooth. Rough beginning but it gets better as it goes along.

The film shouldn’t work but the fact that it’s more than just nostalgia bait makes all the difference.

there are nitpicks but honestly, I don’t care. This will be cherished for years on the concept alone and how well they executed Holland’s origin story.

It's gonna be considered a classic among CBMs that's for sure.

I've noticed an attempt by in some of fandom to try to tear the film down and dismiss it, but the same thing was done to the Raimi films by some in fandom, back in the day.

The basically universal positive reviews, and it's billion dollar profit ensure that regardless of fan attempts to diminish it, the film is gonna be remembered and beloved for years to come .

Finally watched it again on 4K and glad to say the movie still holds up. Easily the best MCU Spidey movie for me and finally some real consequences for Spider-Man here. It was a drawn out original but they concluded it superbly. I am actually excited to see what comes next for MCU Spidey now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"