No Way Home Spider-Man No Way Home - Rate and Review Thread (Spoilers)

I enjoyed the film. It gets an 8/10 for me, which is equal to Shang Chi.

YOOOOO, so good.

I mean, wow. In 2007 they struggled with 3 villains.
In this they managed wonders with 5 villains, 3 spider-mans, dr strange and daredevil.
Just simply stunning.

I'm saying 9.5/10 for now. I mean, it wasn't perfect. How they still gonna leave out the effing lab coat on lizard? And like... why? Like, Lizard was useless and showed next to no genuine character development. There was even a "use science to save the villains" montage. They could have easily put a lab coat on him and gave him a scene for sympathy... whatever.

Beyond that, such a cool way to get Peter Parker into his own apartment. No more stark. no more May. etc. Kinda love it. Also best Goblin we've ever seen. AND Venom on his way!!

YOOOOO, so good.

I mean, wow. In 2007 they struggled with 3 villains.
In this they managed wonders with 5 villains, 3 spider-mans, dr strange and daredevil.
Just simply stunning.

I'm saying 9.5/10 for now. I mean, it wasn't perfect. How they still gonna leave out the effing lab coat on lizard? And like... why? Like, Lizard was useless and showed next to no genuine character development. There was even a "use science to save the villains" montage. They could have easily put a lab coat on him and gave him a scene for sympathy... whatever.

Beyond that, such a cool way to get Peter Parker into his own apartment. No more stark. no more May. etc. Kinda love it. Also best Goblin we've ever seen. AND Venom on his way!!

Um... I don't get this comparison.

In 2007 three villains were used and Raimi gave them unique personality, background story and personal motives.

In NWH, Sandman, Lizard and even Dock Ock and Electro are just there, there's nothing personal really and Daredevil is just a cameo.The only one that matters is Green Goblin.

Um... I don't get this comparison.

In 2007 three villains were used and Raimi gave them unique personality, background story and personal motives.

In NWH, Sandman, Lizard and even Dock Ock and Electro are just there, there's nothing personal really and Daredevil is just a cameo.The only one that matters is Green Goblin.

Ok

db564deb-8753-4b2a-bf0e-82e58ecd5171_text.gif

Fun to see the old characters back.

Some nice emotional moments.

But the story was a bit all over the place.

Disappointed that Peter's identity being out in the open wasn't explored that much. Disappointed that the villains didn't really have much meaningful interaction either

3.5/5

Last edited:
to anyone who kept saying they should have just shown the other spider-men in the trailers, as part of the marketing... even just the spoiler leaks, and fan speculation kinda already took away the impact of them showing up in this for me, so I'm glade they didn't go that route with the marketing (and really wish I hadn't been spoiled... or even knew about the speculation of them in it)

I hope there were some out there who went in "pure" that those scene were much more meaningful, too

but, even that said, I didn't know how much to expect of them in it and some of their interacts and call backs (even if some were cheesier then others) was very cool to see

tho, some of it kinda dragged out and slowed down the pacing of the movie

I like where it let off, and look forward to the set up for future movies
(assuming they don't just undo everything in the next story)

7.5/10

The fact that this film works as well as it does, is a MIRACLE in itself. It's insane, it's crazy, it shouldn't work-- the melding of 3 different styles and generations of filmmaking, but it does, amazingly well. This is an event film meant to be experienced with 3 generations of fans.

9/10

There is definately going to be a Holland vs Hardy movie but it Will probably be Just a Sony movie where Peter travels to Eddie's world. The Multiverse is wide open now. Marvel will handle Spidey getting the black suit first while Feige doesn't let those terrible Venom movies be part of the MCU.

You are probably right because Holland is Spider-Man now, but I would rather see a Sony contained movie with Garfield vs Hardy. I think that would work and it’s clear from this film that Garfield has a lot of Spider-Man left in him and a lot of story left to tell. I understand though that will probably not happen, but one could wish .

to anyone who kept saying they should have just shown the other spider-men in the trailers, as part of the marketing... even just the spoiler leaks, and fan speculation kinda already took away the impact of them showing up in this for me, so I'm glade they didn't go that route with the marketing (and really wish I hadn't been spoiled... or even knew about the speculation of them in it)

I hope there were some out there who went in "pure" that those scene were much more meaningful, too

but, even that said, I didn't know how much to expect of them in it and some of their interacts and call backs (even if some were cheesier then others) was very cool to see

tho, some of it kinda dragged out and slowed down the pacing of the movie

I like where it let off, and look forward to the set up for future movies
(assuming they don't just undo everything in the next story)

7.5/10

Going in without at least expecting Tobey/Andrew was impossible.

The mere fact that the premise of the film includes Raimi & Webb villains and was shown from the very first trailer, makes you expect Tobey and Andrew.

The only way they could've hide it is if they didn't show any of the villains in any of the trailers. Which would be impossible to market.

The fact that this film works as well as it does, is a MIRACLE in itself. It's insane, it's crazy, it shouldn't work-- the melding of 3 different styles and generations of filmmaking, but it does, amazingly well. This is an event film meant to be experienced with 3 generations of fans.

9/10
You are so right! The payoff here is great for all generations of fans! It’s the movie I wish all marvel ( including hulk fans ) got in end game, but oh well time to stop beating that dead horse and move on. Again you are so right about this movie! I absolutely loved it! My son and nephew who grew up on the Garfield Spider-Man loved it, myself being a Tobey fan loved it and my wife who is totally clueless to Spider-Man loved it as well. It was just all around great fan service .

You are probably right because Holland is Spider-Man now, but I would rather see a Sony contained movie with Garfield vs Hardy. I think that would work and it’s clear from this film that Garfield has a lot of Spider-Man left in him and a lot of story left to tell. I understand though that will probably not happen, but one could wish .

Oh I really want to see more of Garfield After No Way Home. Maybe secret wars?

Going in without at least expecting Tobey/Andrew was impossible.

The mere fact that the premise of the film includes Raimi & Webb villains and was shown from the very first trailer, makes you expect Tobey and Andrew.

The only way they could've hide it is if they didn't show any of the villains in any of the trailers. Which would be impossible to market.

Yeah.
By the time the film hit theaters, alot of people felt they gonna be in the film anyway.

You had some fans who still thought it was all BS , and some who just didn't believe it could ever happen, but they were in a minority by the time this film hit theaters.

Ultimately, by the time the film came out, most of us in the fan community knew they were going to be in the film , so having them in the marketing for us wasn't going to make as much of a difference for us ,as it might have for the GA.

Though, at this point, I wouldn't be surprised if even alot of the GA just assume they're appear in the film anyway.

I suppose we could always debate whether they should have been in the marketing or not, but at the end of the day, the dang film is out, it's going over well with audiences, and it's gonna make a ton of money.

It's an interesting "what if" question about the marketing , but I really don't care anymore after seeing the film.

I give it a 7. It started off strong but that second act was a slog to get through IMO. It picked up in the third act but I hated how dark everything was which made it hard to see

Yeah.
By the time the film hit theaters, alot of people felt they gonna be in the film anyway.

You had some fans who still thought it was all BS , and some who just didn't believe it could ever happen, but they were in a minority by the time this film hit theaters.

Ultimately, by the time the film came out, most of us in the fan community knew they were going to be in the film , so having them in the marketing for us wasn't going to make as much of a difference for us ,as it might have for the GA.

Though, at this point, I wouldn't be surprised if even alot of the GA just assume they're appear in the film anyway.

I suppose we could always debate whether they should have been in the marketing or not, but at the end of the day, the dang film is out, it's going over well with audiences, and it's gonna make a ton of money.

It's an interesting "what if" question about the marketing , but I really don't care anymore after seeing the film.

Yeah just by virtue of having the Raimi and Webb villains, naturally one's inclination would be "Well...does this mean that those Spider-men will be in this as well??" Now, granted, I am going to fully admit that Sony was right all along to keep the marketing secretive and not reveal them in a. trailer. To keep that shred of doubt going amongst the fans. They were 100% right.

Although, I really really wish I didn't know Murdock was in this. That surprise would've knocked me out of my seat if I had no idea he was in it. But its my own fault for looking at the leaked pictures and whatnot. lol

The movie was okay. You actually get all these people together and this is the best you can do? How do you put five villains in an apartment for the middle of the movie? I'm just over the whole Marvel formula so I was pretty checked out until the Raimi villains were on screen. They're just so damn good performance wise until they're MCU'd with the stupid jokes. Making Ock a punching bag is stupid and shows Marvel's mishandling of their villains in this area. All the performances and stupid fan service-y callbacks were just a testament to how great those films were. The Spider-Men were the best part. The only time I felt something during this movie was when I got teary eyed when Tobey showed up. He's great and so was Garfield, as I wasn't annoyed by him! A nice window into what could have been. They all had great chemistry. I liked the ending as it was actually consequential for Peter and has great promise.

It's worth to see your favorite characters alone. The idea is more of a gimmick than burning story choice. It's a sugar rush of a movie that's directed in that pleasant Marvel competent way with the novelty of seeing your old favorite characters that give it the illusion of being better than it actually is. But it's pretty mediocre. It's not nostalgia baiting exactly, because at least everything serves Peter's journey, but this is a movie that won't really hold up.

At times, this seems less of a movie and an exercise in creative regression by studio interest. It came off as more of them trying to set up a multiverse for its own sake and because ITSV was successful than any organic purpose. For all my faults with the last two movies, they at least were genuine and charted their own path in some respects. I still don't understand how you go from FFH, a story about Peter on a class trip to a multiverse breaking plot.

Somebody really needs to jolt some new creativity into this franchise. You have all the pieces now to do it. But I'm skeptical they'll pull it off. We're either gonna get a symbiote story or they're just gonna bring back the MCU because the MCU lacks consequence. I'm expecting the next one where MJ and Ned remember things.

6/10

Now that this is out of the way, onto The Batman which looks like an actual movie.

Last edited:
Saw the movie a second time yesterday. It's interesting how years can go by, things become memories, and it starts to feel so long ago that it almost doesn't feel real. Seeing what this movie delivers, particularly in the second half, still doesn't feel like it's happened. I'm so used to seeing Tobey as Spider-Man through the lenses of the past, and a certain point in my life. For christs sake, I was just about to enter high school when Spider-Man 3 dropped. So seeing Tobey come through that portal was like "Huh? how? It's been so long, so how is this possible?" I'll admit, I did watch leaked clips of his return before i saw the film because my curiosity overpowered me. But it didn't overtake my excitement. I screamed and cheered with the audience, my heart was racing, and I got to see an interpretation of a character again that I thought was gone forever.

I have to give props to Watts. I am one of the biggest critics of MCU Spidey, but I do think this film really managed to finally give me something to enjoy with the new films. Nostalgia? Absolutely, and I think it should wear it as a badge of honor. With the absolute hell the world has been through the past few years, we NEED something like this. We needed this kind of fan service. So I have to thank Disney, the MCU, John Watts, and everybody involved for giving me this treat. There was a point during the mid 2000s where this character and the Raimi adaptions were my comfort mechanism. To be able to experience a similar feeling again watching this movie is something I'll always be grateful for. It's definitely far from a perfect film, and I honestly still hold Raimi's first 2 Spidey films (possibly even the 3rd) above it as well, But as 2 hours and 28 minutes of fan service? Yes, It absolutely deserves the praise. I'll be buying this movie for sure, which is a first for me for MCU Spidey.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kathielee
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"