Spider-Man (PS4) - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
I dont have any worries for Spider-Man. I have the full confidence that this game will be nothing less than amazing. My initial post that you quoted was a response to a specific post, not some global feeling I have towards Insomniac as a whole

Ah, sweet, alright. All the best in your first playthrough my man.

https://mobile.twitter.com/Marvel?re...Ctwgr^author

New Avengers game by Square Enix/Crystal Dynamics!!
I haven't played much of their outputs, all I know of is Tomb Raider games.
Curious to see how this works out.

Not to single Beenox out but, I feel they really tried to meet the window with ASM2 and kind of botched the little potential there was for that installment.
They had a lot of managing issues to work with.
Who would've thought back then that Activision instigating its hold on the rights to this character did the fans a favor?

well, whatever happens, I hope we wont get the arkham combat style this time. It was fun the first two games but it has become a bit stale. and considering that Spidey's superhuman powers, that combat style wouldn't fit him anyway. They need to put primary emphasis on clever & funny takedowns when he is dealing with ordinary criminals. He can easily take out every common crook in a second, so the fun doesn't come from the practical but rather what style you do it in

I think freeflow can work for Spidey, they don't need to ground him like Beenox did.
Spidey can bounce from one guy on the ground to a shooter on a 15 feet high platform in one fight, if they can manage it properly, it will be awesome.

Saw the trailer for this just recently in on another thread, looks amazing and a game I will certainly be keeping an eye on.

Ratchet & Clank ps4 was one of my biggest disappointments (I'm a big fan of the ps2 trilogy and even Deadlocked). The controls are responsive and the weapons are fun but somehow it brings much less on the table than any of the ps2 titles. Especially on the writing department, in which Insomniac has been slipping quite a lot. Hopefully, this project has given them a jolt of fresh creative energy and they can avoid that awkwardness that has been present in their writing ever since R&C Tools of Destruction

Last edited:
Ratchet & Clank ps4 was one of my biggest disappointments (I'm a big fan of the ps2 trilogy and even Deadlocked). The controls are responsive and the weapons are fun but somehow it brings much less on the table than any of the ps2 titles. Especially on the writing department, in which Insomniac has been slipping quite a lot. Hopefully, this project has given them a jolt of fresh creative energy and they can avoid that awkwardness that has been present in their writing ever since R&C Tools of Destruction

I think they probably got different writers for Spidey. It was my first R&C,never played the others and absolutely loved it.

I think they probably got different writers for Spidey. It was my first R&C,never played the others and absolutely loved it.

If you want to get the best of ps2 Ratchet, skip the first one and play 2 & 3 ("going commando" and "up your arsenal")

If you want to get the best of ps2 Ratchet, skip the first one and play 2 & 3 ("going commando" and "up your arsenal")

Are there significant differences compared to the ps4 game?Also are they better than the ps3 Future series to you? I recently got A Crack in Time for 5€ and still haven't tried it.

Are there significant differences compared to the ps4 game?Also are they better than the ps3 Future series to you? I recently got A Crack in Time for 5€ and still haven't tried it.

Gameplay-wise no signifigant differences but there's much more planets in those ps2 Ratchets than the ps4 one. Also, better level design, sharper writing and the atmosphere is more energetic. Crack in time is a mixed bag for me but still tons of fun. Definitely not better than the ps2 ones still

If you weren't much of a fan of the first game to begin with, then that title wasnt going to change you as it wasnt meant to be an entirely new experience. It was amazing for what it was and they had to work within the confines of the first game if they wanted to remain true to it. Even then they were able to expand upon and improve it. It definitely remains as one of the PS4's best exclusive title

Freeflow is the perfect fighting style for Spider-Man.
I just didn't like how it was done in TAS; it felt extremely clunky.

Yeah spiderman combat should be very fluid. And you should be able to attack from long and short range.

Last edited:
If you weren't much of a fan of the first game to begin with, then that title wasnt going to change you as it wasnt meant to be an entirely new experience. It was amazing for what it was and they had to work within the confines of the first game if they wanted to remain true to it. Even then they were able to expand upon and improve it. It definitely remains as one of the PS4's best exclusive title

okay, I get your point

it's just that when the ps4 Ratchet & Clank was announced, Insomniac literally said that it was gonna be competing with the top games in the market. So while I agree that the game was fun at least, I was expecting something much better than a game with just half the content compared to previous games and much worse writing than the original first Ratchet. I still think that the first game is quite charming, I just meant that he should skip it because Insomniac was still figuring that stuff out, so the controls were awkward and the weapons in it don't hold up anymore

okay, I get your point

it's just that when the ps4 Ratchet & Clank was announced, Insomniac literally said that it was gonna be competing with the top games in the market. So while I agree that the game was fun at least, I was expecting something much better than a game with just half the content compared to previous games and much worse writing than the original first Ratchet. I still think that the first game is quite charming, I just meant that he should skip it because Insomniac was still figuring that stuff out, so the controls were awkward and the weapons in it don't hold up anymore

I actually never beat the first game. I tried with the HD collection but later parts were unforgiving and too hard and i put it down. That game prevented me from moving onto the later titles. i had completely skipped the series when it was on PS2 and started with ToD, which I absolutely loved as well as CiT. I still need to try Into the Nexus, which I had hoped would have been a Plus title

I'm watching footage for The Amazing Spider-Man 2 mobile game right now, and while his delivery of quips for this one is not great, at least it's still quite nice for the material they gave him, and easily better than Sam Reigal's delivery of quips, and better delivery of lines.

It will be a day of celebration when this game finally drops. I'm going to pick up a 4k TV, lock myself in a room for at least 48 hours, and enjoy every minute of it.

It will be a day of celebration when this game finally drops. I'm going to pick up a 4k TV, lock myself in a room for at least 48 hours, and enjoy every minute of it.

We're probably going to wait a lot. :\

Why has it been delayed or something? Never played a Spidey game so really looking forward to this.

Why has it been delayed or something? Never played a Spidey game so really looking forward to this.

Insomniac still hasn't given us a title nor a release date,so there's no delay(at least for now). I think it's a 2018 game.

I would be pleasantly surprised if this somehow ends up being a holiday '17 release. I pretty much assumed it'd be out next year if they weren't going to coincide the release with the next movie. Maybe we'll get lucky and it will be out around this time next year?

I have no problem waiting for quality though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"