Spider-Man (PS4) - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks like EVERY version of Playstion Magazine UK this month has Spidey on the cover

DTXUqcqX4AEBRp7.jpg

Chances seem good for something new.

I’m so excited to see all the skins

Hoping to see the most we’ve ever gotten in a spidey game. Classic ditko, symbiote, 2099, scarlet spider, McFarlane, Raimi, MCU, just to name a few.

I’m so excited to see all the skins

Hoping to see the most we’ve ever gotten in a spidey game. Classic ditko, symbiote, 2099, scarlet spider, McFarlane, Raimi, MCU, just to name a few.

Don't forget Ben Reilly.

Looks like EVERY version of Playstion Magazine UK this month has Spidey on the cover

DTXUqcqX4AEBRp7.jpg

Chances seem good for something new.

Did you buy copies of them? Mind telling us whether Spidey has a few pages in there and if they outline new things?

I really hope they get the web-swinging right. Spider-Man 2 and Spider-Man 3 did it right. It wasn't as good in TASM2 but it was still fun. I didn't like how it felt in Ultimate Spider-Man and Web of Shadows.

Did you buy copies of them? Mind telling us whether Spidey has a few pages in there and if they outline new things?

No, I found that picture on Twitter. I'm keeping my eyes out though. Will post if I see anything :up:

Couple recent tweets from Jacinda Chew--the art director for the game. REALLY sounds like it's nearing final stages.

ta4VUeR.png

The "you...land" makes me think we have fall damage again.

I really hope they get the web-swinging right. Spider-Man 2 and Spider-Man 3 did it right. It wasn't as good in TASM2 but it was still fun. I didn't like how it felt in Ultimate Spider-Man and Web of Shadows.

From the 'in game' demo footage I've seen on You tube, certainly looks solid, I know it doesn't do to get too overboard about these things, games often disappoint, however, I really believe this will be 'game of a generation' stuff.

Couple recent tweets from Jacinda Chew--the art director for the game. REALLY sounds like it's nearing final stages.

ta4VUeR.png

The "you...land" makes me think we have fall damage again.

YES. Video games need this kind of freedom. it gives the swinging more taste, a feeling that you really are swinging high in the air and falling results in getting hurt. And sometimes you just wanna see how much you can simply clown around in the game, that's half the fun

YES. Video games need this kind of freedom. it gives the swinging more taste, a feeling that you really are swinging high in the air and falling results in getting hurt. And sometimes you just wanna see how much you can simply clown around in the game, that's half the fun

Agreed. Fall damage also makes the swinging a priority rather than a preference. In the TASM games, I only swung to move, not save myself.

I sure hope I'm right in assuming that's what the ellipses before "land" means haha

There is an obvious rhythm to webswinging.

In SM2 and 3 you would die if you didn't swing. TASM1 and 2, he would throw webs up to stop himself from hitting the ground.

This month's Playstation magazine has a 2018 'games coming' section and no major 'new' news on Spidey, other than what we know with no official release date either yet, other than definitely released this year.

I love swinging in USM and especially in WoS, the latter has great swinging albeit the awkward animation of not sticking to surfaces.

In SM2 and 3 you would die if you didn't swing. TASM1 and 2, he would throw webs up to stop himself from hitting the ground.
You forgot the best one; Ultimate Spider-Man.
In Web of Shadows and the PS2 game of Spider-Man 3 he neither dies nor rescues himself, he just hits the surface as if he jumped off of a 6 steps stair.

I mean spiders can take some pretty good fall damage proportionally and be fine.

It's an open world game on the original PSP dumbing down graphics from its already ugly PS2 brother, no shock there. When I look at the PS2 SM3 game I see something thrown in at Vicarious Visions laps to be developed from scratch in 8 months or less for some cash grab sucking the value of newly released generation of consoles and how people were still attached to the older generation, and a good portion of that time was spent on convincing good writers like Ron Marz to help write the story.

On the plus side I enjoy swinging in it, whether the web attaches itself by glitch to a moving car or not.

Man, Sunset Overdrive is quickly becoming one of my favourite games! I played almost all the Ratchet games last year and it became one of my favourite series. It's safe to say I'm gonna love Spider-Man lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
osayi
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"