Playstation Spider-Man (PS4) - Part 3

swinging with R2 and L2 would've been absolutely brilliant if the swinging was more physics based and had chain swinging like SM2. ASM2 is probably the most frustrating of the games to me, if the devs had been given more time and money they could've made something really special.

I expect the sequel from Insomniac to incorporate dynamics like this to make traversal deeper (not that the system doesnt already have depth). Graphics boosts arent as important to me as making more complex physics. All games should strive for improving physics, graphics arent the actual gameplay

The PS1 games are probably my favs as far as Spidey games go.

Same...IMO I don't feel like the games that came after were able to capture the spirit of the comics as much like these games did.

Oh, it explains why I don't remember his appearance because I skipped this one.

Don't worry, I did too lol. I just watched clips of it online. I think Shattered Dimensions was the last Spidey game I bought.

The best games IMO are:

Spider-Man (PS1)
Spider-Man: Enter Electro (PS2)
Spider-Man: The Movie (PS2)
Spider-Man 2 (PS2)
Ultimate Spider-Man (PS2)
Spider-Man: Web of Shadows (PS3)
Spider-Man: Shattered Dimensions (PS3)

Spider-Man 3 wasn't horrible IMO, it just felt like a huge step down from Spider-Man 2.

Spider-Man PS1- The truest to the comics
Ultimate Spider-Man
Spider-Man 2
Shattered Dimensions
TASM
WoS
EoT
SM1
Enter Electro
SM3- the most disappointing coming from SM2-USM
TASM2

For me it's like this:

1. Spider-Man 3 (Treyarch): There is no way a sequel to one of the best in any series coming from the same team ends up as one of the worst. While this one is disappointing at certain aspects, it introduced more improvements than downgrades.
  2. Spider-Man 2 (Treyarch)
  3. PS1 Spidey duo
  4. USM (Treyarch)
  5. Web of Shadows (NDS)
  6. Web of Shadows (Shaba)
  7. Friend or Foe (PC)
  8. Spider-Man 3 (PS2)
  9. TASM2 (Beenox): Boring starts from this game, with its annoying cutscenes before street missions, more annoying jokes delivered by Sam Reigal, way too heavy PC requirements for a game that is far lesser than Arkham Origins in graphics and overall quality. Would you believe that AO runs perfectly smoothly on my old PC on a rather high resolution while TASM2 requires minimum screen resolution to attempt to run smoothly?
  10. TASM (Beenox)
  11. Edge of Time
  12. Shattered Dimensions (Beenox)
  13. Shattered Dimensions (NDS): Could have been much better, if not for those annoying dimension jumping mechanics using the touch screen.
  14. First movie game

I really don't get all the love for SM PS1. I played it a few years ago and to was clunky, it has not aged well imo.

The combat is just as underwhelming now as it was 18 years ago, that is the one aspect that never impressed me in those games. The good thing about it is that there are no thugs faster than Spider-Man (like in the first movie game :argh:), and bosses provide a suitable level of challenge, neither too difficult nor too easy.

The rest of the mechanics are fine and entertaining, stages are well designed, voice cast and acting are mostly easy on the ears, Rino Romano's delivery of one liners and reminders is so crisp that the delivery and repetition of lines doesn't get grating, Doc Ock is respected, and it almost made me a Venom fan cause how much fun that version of the character is.

Honestly, never really liked any of the Spider-Man games. I always felt like the tech just wasn't there yet. This one though. This one just looks like it has all come together.

Spider-Man 2 is a classic. Probably my favorite movie tie-in game. I also loved the Spider-Man PS1 game. Yes, it is dated given what Spider-Man games have become since, but for the time it was unchallenged, and it has a strong storyline. It was a very ambitious attempt. Enter Electro was same game, inferior story. I was disappointed in that regard. I also loved USM. Fun game. Spider-Man Shattered Dimensions I also had fun with.

I have high hopes for this new one, though.

Spider-Man 2 is a classic. Probably my favorite movie tie-in game.
Better than the tie-in to this movie?
tumblr_ozh9vzn5II1tbealgo3_540.gif
tumblr_ozh9vzn5II1tbealgo4_540.gif

I'd just like to point out we're only 67 days until the release date. After how many years of waiting for a AAA Spidey game and we're down to a mere 67 days. So awesome.

My favorite Spider-man games are

The two PS1 games
Spider-man 2(movie)
Spider-man vs The Kingpin(both Genesis and Sega CD version)

This seems to be the first Spidey game in over the decade that's just simply based on the original comics and not a movie. As well as not having Spidey team up with other Marvel heroes or going through various dimensions.

Web of Shadows is still one of my favorites.

Ah yeah that was good fun. I think that was the first Spidey game I ever played.

First I ever played was Spider-Man: Return of the Sinister Six for NES. I have a lot of nostalgia for that game, and I was good at it. I can get to Doc Ock on a standard run no problem. But I think I only ever beat Ock 1 time.

My first Spidey game was the one for the Atari 2600.

My first was the one based on the 90's series.

Doc Ock was the first boss and I remember it took me a while to figure out how to beat him. I still remember the maniacal laugh from the bosses' theme song.

Green Goblin and Venom were also bosses. It was a fun game.

Man, I probably sank more hours into Maximum Carnage than any other game (not just Spidey) as a kid. Goddamn was it fun, I miss the whole side-scroller thing.

The Green Jelly music (well, ripping off Black Sabbath music, but still :p ) shall forever be stuck in our heads.

Loved all the power-up cameos too, Cap & Cloak/Dagger and stuff. Remember loving that Fantastic Four level too.

And beating the **** out of random goons with that awesome Venom sprite was never not fun.

venom%2Bbrawl.jpg

Spidey 2 on the GCN/PS2/Xbox has to be the best "Spiderman experience" so far in gaming though, holy **** was that game a blast.

Spider-Man-2-PS2-GameCube-PC-Xbox.jpg

So psyched they're recreating that feel with the new one, but not having a PS4 it's a bit of a bummer. Hopefully somewhere down the road the exclusivity lapses and it ends up on the Xbox or even a scaled-down Switch version.

Last edited:
My first was the one based on the 90's series.

Doc Ock was the first boss and I remember it took me a while to figure out how to beat him. I still remember the maniacal laugh from the bosses' theme song.

Green Goblin and Venom were also bosses. It was a fun game.

Almost every villain that appear in TAS was in that game. Even ones that have yet to appear in the show.

Ironically, Kingpin was one of the villains from the show not to be in game.

This was my first Spidey game:

[YT]hLuPgyv_3Yk[/YT]

Can still remember it took me ages to figure out how to beat Venom & t guy in a forklift was a low key boss :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"