Spider-Man (PS4) - Part 3

Discussion in 'Sony' started by Thread Manager, Jun 13, 2018.

1. The Shape

The Shape In the shadows

There must be a Raimi suit skin, and hopefully TASM suits.

2. TheWallCrawler

TheWallCrawler hero or a menace?

This is a given :) i want there to be an extra that you can turn on the Danny Elfman soundtrack. If possible, it would be fun to have it dynamically with gameplay beats

3. KillerMcQueen

KillerMcQueen Mortal-ish

I would be over the moon if those suits were all in the game, I'd particularly like to see the TASM suit make it in since it's one of the more unique takes on the classic design. If they do add the movie suits I wonder if they'd keep the eyes static or give them their own unique animated eyes, I'd love to see the the TASM2 suit with those big eyes animated.

Last edited: Jul 8, 2018
  4. Aximili86

Aximili86 Well-Known Member

Sweet, good to hear. I'm not even in particular dire need for any movie suit of any era/description, couldn't care less about that.

Just hate the look of the game costume with a passion, wouldn't want to be staring at that throughout. Just any incarnation of a more classic/traditional look, whether that's MCU or Raimi or Webb or comics or some generic new take, whatever, really want something else to use permanently throughout, not just some easter egg game-trophy or whatever.

5. Gamma Goliath

Gamma Goliath Engine of Destruction

The classic costume is in the game.

6. webhead731

webhead731 I'm a photographer

I feel like if they animated the eyes they'd have to change them all to have that shutter-like piece set up and honestly I don't want that. Raimi's suit would look dumb with animated eyes I just want them to be as accurate as possible.

I couldn't care less about the Webb suits. Those movies sucked and I wasn't even all that big of a fan of the second costume, even if it was better than the first movie's.

7. ehh

ehh iono

The TASM/Webb suits need to be forgotten about. Especially the first one.

"Those eyes... those horrible yellow eyes!"

8. The Joker

The Joker The Clown Prince of Crime

Definitely forget about the TASM 1 suit. It was crap.

9. spiderman2

spiderman2 Well-Known Member

lol and the basketball texter. The amazing spiderman 2 suit is great though the best spiderman suit and needs to be in the game.

10. webhead731

The belt was too thick and had too much web pattern inside. The red shape on the chest had that harsh angle change going down which looked off. I didn't like the web pattern for most of the suit but the chest area was bad especially since they tried re-doing that globe shape ASM1 had. The chest spider sat too low on his chest so in close up frames it almost was barely visible and created an awkward look overall. The back spider is too thin. The big eyes work well in comics but in a movie it just looked too silly. Maybe because he always looked shocked and the eyes had no movement. His neck looked thin and had an awkward wrinkle which was also stupid looking.

The seams on the suit were also way too apparent and just felt distracting, especially in the crotch region.

The suit was an improvement, yes, but that is not saying much considering how stupid the first movie's suit looked. It looked like great cosplay, and that was about it.

Raimi's costume was perfection. It seemed professionally made and looked it. TASM 2 looked like someone was trying to copy the design but couldn't get the quality and look as good as the Raimi one.

11. Marvel Spider

Marvel Spider An Insomniac.

Def agree with a lot of this. I think the Raimi Spider-Man 2 suit is the best suit overall. Curious, how do you feel about the game's costume?

12. webhead731

Yes, Spider-Man 1 I thought was unbeatable but the subtle changes they made for 2 really did elevate it. The spiders on the front and back especially. Even the face shell and way the suit fit just seemed better.

I like the game's suit a lot. It was a bit jarring at first (FROM THAT TRAILER IN FREAKING JUNE 2016) but it grew on me. I appreciated the faithful look overall but it was the white spiders that seemed a bit odd to me. I kind of wonder what they'd look like colored black. But I now love it for its uniqueness. I think the only thing I really do not like are the feet. I would rather he have the boots.
    But for this game and its world, it feels special. I'm sure I will play in it occasionally but honestly I will probably use the classic suit the most when I can. But if Raimi's is in there? Man...RIP all other costumes. :woot:

That is how I felt when I played the Amazing Spider-Man video game. Once I got those Raimi suits it was #bye to the others.

13. Scarecrow_King

Scarecrow_King Perpetually Annoyed

The Raimi suit's eyes were always too angular for me. I like the rounded bottom the ASM2 suit gave us better.

14. ehh

ehh iono

The Raimi suit is one of the best superhero costumes on film, IMO. The textures, the colors, the webbing... I know a lot of people dislike the silver-ish/elevated webbing, but I thought it added some character to the costume.

This was done at a point in time where X-Men were so afraid of being cartoonish and made the costumes all black.

15. socool

socool True

I also agree that the Raimi suit is the best movie suit. It just sits on screen so well. I have nitpicks with it, but that's all: Nitpicks. Really hoping the assumption its in this game isn't too out there. It would fit so well.

Speaking of suits in this game...it's confirmed that part of the Marvel Games panel as SDCC is a Spider-Man cosplay debut. Now that's very interesting for a couple reasons, but mainly...I think it'll be our 3rd suit. Not only that...i think it's one of Insomniac's original designs and the cosplay debut is of that suit. It will LITERALLY be the debut for cosplay of that outfit. It makes sense our 3rd suit would be one of the original ones they made, too. That way one is from the comics, one is from the movies, and one is from Insomniac.

On top of that, Bryan hinted very heavily that we will get a new story trailer at SDCC. That alongside Agent M's panel about the game means we'll probably get a good handful of new info.

16. TheWallCrawler

Edit

Last edited: Jul 14, 2018
  17. Scarecrow_King

Scarecrow_King Perpetually Annoyed

Still debating on the pre-order. Hm.

18. Spider-man95

Spider-man95 *Thwip*

19. The Joker

The Joker The Clown Prince of Crime

I knew they wouldn't omit it :up:

20. Nathan

Nathan ...

The classic suit just remains pure perfection.

21. socool

socool True

I mean...we knew the classic suit was in the game right?? I'm glad we get to see more of it, but the big takeaway here is the second issue of the Daily Bugle. I'm sure this probably means there will be another newspaper at SDCC too?

Unless the classic suit is the third pre order which would be interesting lol

22. socool

socool True

[​IMG]

Screenshot I took. Tried to get it before the text rolls in, but it's moving at every possible frame lol so this is the best I got. Blue is a lil bright for me for it might just be this image. The little bit of footage we have of it looks much better imo colorwise. Also note the pose is the final shot of The Amazing Spider-Man.

Can't wait to use this though :up:

EDIT: Read the Daily Bugle issue. Tombstone confirmed?

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 18, 2018
  23. Spidey_62

Spidey_62 This is so not spandex

That's interesting, it'd be cool to have Tombstone rise up as another player vying for control of NY opposing Mr. Negative and his Inner Demons. This may be our first peek at the larger scope of that story in the game, cause it can't possibly just be Mr. Negative taking over with no competition. The guy has a T on his vest too lol.

Classic suit looks pretty nice.

24. Spider-man95

Spider-man95 *Thwip*

Yes but actually seeing a clear picture of it is pretty hype to me!

25. TheWallCrawler

when can we expect the trailer?