World Spider-Man: The Animated Series

I also felt like some of the Peter monologues with himself was kinda silly. I get that the show is aimed for kids, but not all kids are dummies. It shouldn't take Peter half the episode to find out who the villain is.

Yeah, almost every single action Spidey took needed some explanation. No matter how obvious or mundane, through completely annoying voice-over narration.

Yes, Spidey. You are going to someone else's house to look for clues. Yes, that was mysterious and unexpected. Yes, Venom was just overcome by the loud noise from the space shuttle launch; I think we figured that out based on how the weakness has been established for two episodes now and how, for good measure, he just clamped his hands over his ears and screamed "THE NOOOOISE!" We don't need you standing there and spelling it out for us. I don't think even Birdman talked this much.

Just thought of something, I decided to check this show again and dig up some of my favorite Spidey quotes
I'm starting with these:

From the Alien Costume Part 1:
Rhino: "You can't do this"
Spider-Man: "I re-wrote the rules"

From the Alien Costume Part 2:
Shocker: "You'll pay for this"
Spider-Man: "The check's in the mail, baby"

From Spider-Man Fights the Insidious Six:
Rhino: "I wish I could think of something as clever as you"
Spider-Man: "You won't have to, I see Spider-Man and the old guy over there"

I need to go re-watch this series again. Although it took its liberties, it still took plenty of inspiration from the 616 comic books.

This show will be 20 years old this November. I wish Disney would release it. You can barely find the show anywhere online anymore, they removed em all. If they care so much, put it out on DVD!

This show will be 20 years old this November. I wish Disney would release it. You can barely find the show anywhere online anymore, they removed em all. If they care so much, put it out on DVD!
Maybe Disney will decide to release it for the 20th anniversary. I'm at least grateful for the blu-ray release of TSSM. You can find it online, just not legally.

Show quality was all over the place..
Goblin episodes always got more affection.
Decent show but doesn't measure up to Gargoyles, Batman TAS or X-Men
Lots of story arcs but none truly worthwhile...the computerized parts weren't too bad nor did the theme truly annoy but remove Spidey from equation and flaws become very apparent..
Venom saga was solid.

Last edited:
I think it's on par with X-Men. The thing with this series is that its hard to watch from start to finish. I usually enjoy watching individual story arcs (e.g. the Venom Saga) as DTV movies.

In voice acting territory, this one is superior to the X-Men show
Even the X-Men themselves had better acting in this show compared to their show
The thing with this series is that its hard to watch from start to finish.
Guess what, I'm doing the hard thing
3 seasons down, 2 more to go, and I'm enjoying the experience a lot
It's a fun show, pretty creative, with plenty of great moments
The flaws hinder the show quality, but not how much I enjoy it

Kingpin was a big focus on this show. I just watched the two-parter with the "insidious six".

Anyone find it odd how all the crime lords had a big meeting, arn't silvermaine and him big rivals?

In a world of fiction? Not so weird
In a show giving Spider-Man a mutation disease he never had in the comics? I can understand that

What can I say about the Secret Wars arc? It's a nerdfest, and that is awesome
Secret Wars is a great event from the 80s, it's where Spider-Man defeated Titania and made her terrified of him, then got the iconic black costume from
David Hayter (Voice Solid Snake and Big Boss in the Metal Gear Solid games before 5) as Captain America, Quenton Flynn (Raiden from Metal Gear Solid games, and Spider-Man in Marvel Ultimate Alliance) as the Human Torch, Cam Clark (third Ninja Turtle voice from the first cartoon to play a role here, the other two are Rob Paulson (Raphael in the first show, and Donatello in the new one. He's also Batroc ze Leaper in Ultimate Spider-Man) as Hydroman, and Townsend Coleman (Michelangelo, and he voiced the Tick in the animated Tick series) as the young Silvermane) as Reed Richards
This is a nerdfest in part one only :awesome:

The theme of this show was awesome. Easily the best in a cartoon adaption of a Marvel character.

The show was just awesome the best spider man cartoon spectular spider man is really good to but I think this one is a little better. The only thing I really didn't like was it semed like spider man got into stick sitchuations a little to often.

I can't stand the theme. I always muted it when watching episodes online. "Spider-Blood, Spider-Blood, Radioactive Spider-blood" are not good lyrics.

Spectacular Spider-Man has the best theme for a Spidey Cartoon IMO.

You really hate it enough to have to mute the sound??

The theme is my ringtone to this day :p

What is everyone's favorite single storyline from the show?

Mine is the "Disappearance and Return of Mary Jane Watson" arc that was told in Seasons 3, 4, and 5.

I think my favorite arc is the Venom Saga. That three episode story arc was done so well and, to me, is how it should be done on film. Anyone agree or disagree?

I love this show. Love it love it.

I finally understand "Nostalgia" after listening to that theme song.

Is there any place I can get this?

I think my favorite arc is the Venom Saga. That three episode story arc was done so well and, to me, is how it should be done on film. Anyone agree or disagree?

I agree! :up:

The show was just awesome the best spider man cartoon spectular spider man is really good to but I think this one is a little better. The only thing I really didn't like was it semed like spider man got into stick sitchuations a little to often.

I think the shows faults was Kingpin being over exposed and probably the censorship.

I mean, you can't use the word "Sinister"? lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"