Spider-woman movie?

zeptron

Superhero
Reaction score
Any fans here think Spider-woman should have her movie or at least appear in a Avengers sequel? If so, who would you cast as her and what foes would appear?(If it was her own movie)

Jessica Drew. Sorry I should have said that.

And if anyone says Megan Fox I will jump through this computer and stab you.

*Jumps through computer and stabs batboy99*

Jessica Drew. Sorry I should have said that.

And if anyone says Megan Fox I will jump through this computer and stab you.
I always felt like Angelina Jolie wouldn't be a bad Jessica. She would need to gain wieght but I could see it working.

And LOLZ at Batboy.:hehe:

Any idea who would be the best choice director wise?

I would say Len Wiseman. He knows how to make a good female lead action movie...........but then he might cast his wife and I do like her but not for this role.

Why not introduce her in the upcoming Spiderman 4 and kill Kirsten Dunst (I mean recast) Mary Jane!

Why not introduce her in the upcoming Spiderman 4 and kill Kirsten Dunst (I mean recast) Mary Jane!

She has nothing to do with Spider-Man besides spider in her name.

I used to get the original Spider-Woman comics when I was a kid, don't know what she's portrayed like these days. But in the original comics it was pretty interesting, because of her 'spider-nature' people would shy away from her and not trust her etc. so no friends. But she had a boyfriend, Jerry something, who was a law agent of some kind, and for some reason he was not affected by her power to 'repel'.
That could make for a really interesting superhero movie, something that's not been seen beofre onscreen.
It could be a bit too much for audiences expecting a light hearted Spider-man type film, so could bomb even if it was a good movie, but if it had the requisite action it could alright.
As for who to star and direct this type of SW movie, David Fincher would be good, he was interested in doing Spider-man back in the 90s but said he would have wanted to make it a dark take on the character, so not right for SMN but right for this kind of SW movie.
As for starring, Angelina Jolie could do it right, but I'm kind of tired of thinking of her for roles, or maybe Joelene Blalock from Enterprise.

Before anything else, MARVEL should rename the character to Arachnia or something because the general audience will think she's just a female version or worse cheap female knockoff of Peter Parker/Spider-Man.

Before anything else, MARVEL should rename the character to Arachnia or something because the general audience will think she's just a female version or worse cheap female knockoff of Peter Parker/Spider-Man.

I think they should keep it simple and keep the name. If the GA enjoyed the Spider-man films and think this will be something similar then at least it gets bums in seats. Then hit them with a movie they were not expecting, as long as it's a good movie then positive word of mouth will spread and it could do well. I think the name is an advantage to getting people's attention and then giving them a different kind of superhero.

edit: Haven't looked at my SW comics for years so i had a quick look at her wiki page to see what the score is on her 'spider-nature', seems it's her pheremones(sic), they really only repel women, but attract men, a little less interesting I think, but still there's room to do some interesting things with that.

Last edited:
I would put her in the Avengers sequel. I would also use shameless promotion to make it appear as if Spider-Man was in the Avengers sequel.

The Jessica Drew Spider-Woman has been one of my favorate heroes for along time. I wouldn't mind seeing a Spider-Woman movie or be in a Avengers movie.

No to Spider-Woman. I just don't think it would work.

She would be hard to adapt, but anything's possible. Maybe that Bendis reboot of her origin could work? Recruited, trained by Hydra, and her conflict with Nick Fury and SHIELD. There really isn't a strong romantic relationship in that story...which seems like a must in almost every successful superhero adaptation. Could be tweaked.

That, or later on when she'd have a cover as a PI, set up in LA or San Fran. All kinds of possibilities there.

Casting...if it were 20 yrs ago, I'd try Linda Fiorentino.

linda_fiorentino_2.jpg

If they want an obviously British Spider-Woman...yeah, there's Beckinsale, Sienna Miller. Michelle Ryan? Maybe the Bionic Woman stigma hasn't worn off yet, dunno.

michelle-ryan21.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Otewe2001
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"