Splinter Cell: Double Agent. Better on Xbox or 360?

Reaction score
I'm gonna be having a 360 pretty soon, and I realized I have no stealth games whatsoever, and while I was a super a-hole to the Splinter Cell series, I feel that if I give it a chance now, I might end up liking it much more.
Now, I know I can get Chaos Theory pretty cheap, and I'd like to get Double Agent as well, BUUUUUT I heard the Xbox version is actually better and not as linear as the 360 version.

ARE THESE LEGENDS TRUE??? :cmad: :huh: :heart:

No show-stopping bugs should be your biggest selling point. The Xbox version will play from start to finish without issue, the 360 version sometimes will not.

Sounds good enough.
It uses the Chaos Theory engine, right? So they'd play similar, I imagine.

Forget Double Agent and just get Chaos Theory. If you want a true stealth game, get the Xbox Thief: Deadly Shadows as it's backwards compatible (and thus making the Xbox obsolete :o ).

There hasn't been a good stealth release on the Xbox 360 yet, which is sad because the Xbox had so many good choices. Bioshock and Oblivion have disappointingly overlooked stealth engines (though some Oblivion sections do it justice... in The Dark Brotherhood at least).

It's straying really far from it's roots, but I trust the team. Still, I can't help but feel a longing for shadow-based stealth, as opposed to Hitman's "situational" stealth that's now in SC5 and Assassin's Creed. :(

That's not appearing to have any stealth whatsoever. Especially not the kind of stealth I know.

Edit: Hey, are "Legacy" and "Betrayal" worth my money? :confused:

I have heard not-so good things about them. Most say that the Ludlum books are still the only REAL Bourne novels.

I have heard not-so good things about them. Most say that the Ludlum books are still the only REAL Bourne novels.

Yeah, same here...some good reviews, some bad...
I'll probably end up buying them anyway...the game too :dry:
I'm such a Bourne ****e :csad:

I'm such a Bourne ****e :csad:

I'm a Bourne junkie too. I can't stop playing the kickass soundtrack from the movies whenever in my car, so much to the point that I can't stop humming the music. And whenever I'm bored, I just instinctively pop in all the three films and just watch all the best scenes again and again - you know:

- the Embassy and Apartment fights in Identity
- the rooftop "sniper" conversation, the Berlin foot chases and the superlatively kickass Moscow car chase scene (I just LOVE how he takes out Karl Urban's car...cool x infinity :wow: :cool::up: ) in Supremacy
- the London station segment, all of the scenes in Tangier ESPECIALLY Bourne vs Desh (zomg best fight scene evah!)

If this goes on any longer, I'm afraid I'll need to find some kind of Bourne-patch like one of those nicotine patches so that my body can function properly. :csad:

Fenrir, I usually respect your opinion but... Bourne is not worthy of such praise.

I'm a Bourne junkie too. I can't stop playing the kickass soundtrack from the movies whenever in my car, so much to the point that I can't stop humming the music. And whenever I'm bored, I just instinctively pop in all the three films and just watch all the best scenes again and again - you know:

- the Embassy and Apartment fights in Identity
- the rooftop "sniper" conversation, the Berlin foot chases and the superlatively kickass Moscow car chase scene (I just LOVE how he takes out Karl Urban's car...cool x infinity :wow: :cool::up: ) in Supremacy
- the London station segment, all of the scenes in Tangier ESPECIALLY Bourne vs Desh (zomg best fight scene evah!)

If this goes on any longer, I'm afraid I'll need to find some kind of Bourne-patch like one of those nicotine patches so that my body can function properly. :csad:

Bwahahaha I also have the soundtracks for the 3 movies in my iPod :D
I didn't know you liked Bourne so much, your cool points have gone through the roof now :csad:

Are you getting the Jason Bourne Collection metal box? I AM! :woot:

Fenrir, I usually respect your opinion but... Bourne is not worthy of such praise.

You should give the books a chance, they're very different from the movies, but they kick ass.
The way I see it, the movie Bourne is kind of an alternate Bourne, an "Elseworlds" Bourne, if you will...but still Bourne. 100% badass.
Also, how can you not love the Bourne movies? YOU MAKE ME SICK, YOU NON-VIRGIN BASTARD.

Bourne sucks.

Funny thing, I used to think the same for a couple of years. Thought he was just some American Bond wannabe, not to mention Matt Damon just seemed annoying to me. Then I heard great things about Bourne Ultimatum and decided to check out Identity and Supremacy first. Suffice it to say that by the climax of the third film the Bourne trilogy had made a radical believer out of me. :up:

Are you getting the Jason Bourne Collection metal box? I AM! :woot:

Preordered it with the Blade Runner 5-disc Ultimate Collector's Edition on Amazon.com and got $30 off. Yowza! :ninja::up:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"