Splinter Cell: Double Agent. Better on Xbox or 360?

So you got to play 1/9th of the game. Holy macarel. :( There are some really good missions in the game, which makes the JBA even more of a shame.

I really wanted to play the Africa mission, that was the thing I was most looking forward to in the pre-release hype, but it was never meant to be. And I'm pretty sure the PC version has that ****ty starforce protection on it too :csad:

It does. StarForce was finally dropped by Ubi for a period of time. I don't know if they resumed it's use.

The Africa mission isn't good though. You're better off playing the "Police Station" mission from SplinterCell 1. They're basically the same thing.

As for the "moral choices" thing, you never know when they're initiated or even what the parameters are for satisfying the goals. It comes across as mess.

I kinda regret making this thread, I doubt I'll get these games (well, maybe Chaos Theory), but at least we mentioned how awesome Bourne is.

blog_the_bourne_identity_ultimatum_matt_damon_7.jpg

jason-bourne-lotta-armi.jpg

bourne1wh5.jpg

bourne6yh5.jpg

Never regret making a thread Gammy. Now you know to buy Dead Rising.

Chaos Theory was a really good game. I wish Ubisoft would just stop letting Ubi Soft Shanghai develop these games, the only good ones are number 1 and number 3. Montreal does it right.

Dead rising isn't great. The best part of that game is given away for free in the demo.

Chaos Theory was a really good game. I wish Ubisoft would just stop letting Ubi Soft Shanghai develop these games, the only good ones are number 1 and number 3. Montreal does it right.

Which is why I have hopes for the next one.

Even though it's NOTHING like the past games? :csad:

Yeah, I'll sorely miss the whole jacked up-techie-ninja spy element, but at the same time I also cautiously look forward to the all the new gameplay overhauls Conviction's bringing to the table.

I think I'll like Conviction's better. The idea of hiding in a crowd and losing surveillances and stuff seems a lot more fun than just "hide in a shadow, memorize guard movement pattern, knock out, move on".

I think I'll like Conviction's better. The idea of hiding in a crowd and losing surveillances and stuff seems a lot more fun than just "hide in a shadow, memorize guard movement pattern, knock out, move on".

Great, so every time something goes wrong, you just find a crowd to run into. That sounds amazing. At least in Assassin's Creed you can take to the rooftops and make a real escape.

If the series ever goes back to it's high-tech ninja spy route, they need to make the missions a lot more complex and sophisticated, something with a slight touch of Mission Impossible, with objectives like infiltrating MI6 headquarters, jacked up government agency fortresses, top secret advanced weapons facilities, that kinda stuff. Y'know, cool sequences like the TGV level in Pandora Tomorrow, the CIA break-in from the first one, only having more of them dispersed throughout the whole game and done well. It always seemed kinda stale that Fisher has all this awesome equipment and abilities and they put him in mundane situations like some crappy city or a boring subway station.

I'm sure it doesn't.
The gameplay videos have two different themes:

1. Throwing chairs at guards.
2. Walking in crowds.

SplinterCell: Conviction is just a game where you walk in crowds and throw chairs at people. I promise.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"