SPOILERS FAN reviews SPOILERS do NOT enter if you don't want to be spoiled!

In the mid-credits scene, does Thor give any hints as to what happened to Asgard? Or anything that might happen in Ragnarok?

How disabled are Strange's hands shown to be-I know he can't perform surgery anymore, and his hands are scarred and shaky in the trailers, but do his hands function as a disability in the film, prevent him from doing anything else besides surgery or make it difficult for him to do everyday things, etc?

Also, probably the most obvious question ever considering the character, but do we see Strange in pain a lot/vulnerable, after he starts his training, or does all the injury/angst occur with the car accident and then not appear again?

Yeah he's still out there. But heh I'm more interested in what is going to happen with Mordo. It's more interesting than a generic evil big deep-voiced CGI head to me. So to me his presence was not very impactful. Like I said it's a CGI head that pops up in the very last bit of the climax. Sure they tease him a bunch prior to that, but I didn't find him that much interesting. He's a special effect, a talking light-show but not a character. Hell, Thanos was even more impactful in a two-second reveal and a grin at the end of the first Avengers.
Alright well let's put it this way, after doing a bit of research, Dormammu would look ****ing awesome in the MCU, and I feel, if I may, that it would be an enormous waste of opportunity if they don't utilize him again.

But you're the only guy who has said anything about the movie thus far, so I'll have to just wait and see for myself/see what others have to say.

I remember when everybody kept claiming that Spiderman had 30 minutes of screentime in Civil War and that he "literally outclassed Cap in a fight", so I've come to know that I shan't believe anybody at this point.

So is ALL the music pretty much the same as the Ending Credit Music they released?

So is ALL the music pretty much the same as the Ending Credit Music they released?

You get hints of the theme here and there but it plays like a normal movie score for the most part. And there are some songs as well. We're introduced to Strange 70's funk music he's listening while operating (he's playing a music trivia game while operating to show how cool he is), then there's another song when he's at home and driving.

Alright well let's put it this way, after doing a bit of research, Dormammu would look ****ing awesome in the MCU, and I feel, if I may, that it would be an enormous waste of opportunity if they don't utilize him again.

It's a problem of look over substance then. There are great characters with interesting arcs, backgrounds and interactions in the film, but Dormammu isn't one of them. Again he plays out like a special effect rather than a character. So yeah if you want to see something cool they can use him again to come out for a sequence in the future just to look cool and barf out some cosmic lasers. My point is, there was nothing presented in the film that made me care to see more of him. You literally get to see him at the very last bit of the climax when Strange decides to fly to him to resolve everything. He has no connection, no interaction with any one else, he's so distant with the emotional core of the story that him showing up didn't feel impactful at all. Kaecilius motivations made sense and he was a cool villain to follow. Dormammu is just your typical I-want-to-consume-the-earth-for-reasons entity. He's the outcome of Kaecilius' plan. He's a plot point and a special effect. Not a character. Not saying it was bad (it was not) but heh I didn't care much about it. But yeah you'll see it for yourself.

How disabled are Strange's hands shown to be-I know he can't perform surgery anymore, and his hands are scarred and shaky in the trailers, but do his hands function as a disability in the film, prevent him from doing anything else besides surgery or make it difficult for him to do everyday things, etc?

Also, probably the most obvious question ever considering the character, but do we see Strange in pain a lot/vulnerable, after he starts his training, or does all the injury/angst occur with the car accident and then not appear again?

He has trouble writing and opening up his hands. Yeah and he has a hard time with his training at first because of his hands. But then he gets confident as ****.

Last edited:
You say Kaecilius plan makes sense.

Can you spoil his plan for me please?

Also what are his exact abillities, and is he powerful and menancing at all?

Last edited:
What is the best MCU movie to watch while high? Is it this movie, Ant-Man, or GOTG?

Are Strange's hands cured at the end of the film, or does he just use magic to compensate/do things?

Is Strange injured in any of the fight scenes?

You get hints of the theme here and there but it plays like a normal movie score for the most part. And there are some songs as well. We're introduced to Strange 70's funk music he's listening while operating (he's playing a music trivia game while operating to show how cool he is), then there's another song when he's at home and driving.

It's a problem of look over substance then. There are great characters with interesting arcs, backgrounds and interactions in the film, but Dormammu isn't one of them. Again he plays out like a special effect rather than a character. So yeah if you want to see something cool they can use him again to come out for a sequence in the future just to look cool and barf out some cosmic lasers. My point is, there was nothing presented in the film that made me care to see more of him. You literally get to see him at the very last bit of the climax when Strange decides to fly to him to resolve everything. He has no connection, no interaction with any one else, he's so distant with the emotional core of the story that him showing up didn't feel impactful at all. Kaecilius motivations made sense and he was a cool villain to follow. Dormammu is just your typical I-want-to-consume-the-earth-for-reasons entity. He's the outcome of Kaecilius' plan. He's a plot point and a special effect. Not a character. Not saying it was bad (it was not) but heh I didn't care much about it. But yeah you'll see it for yourself.

He has trouble writing and opening up his hands. Yeah and he has a hard time with his training at first because of his hands. But then he gets confident as ****.

I think it's ridiculous that you're acting like your opinion is so much more special than anyone else. Just bc you thought Dormannu's appearance was bad, doesn't mean the GA will see it that way.

Nice!

I'm ok with Dormammu just being there to look cool for a while. I mean, I'm fairly certain that Marvel will use him as the big post Thanos threat for Phase 4. He just needed to pop out to say hello, and look badass in the process.

From what I read, this is accomplished. His actual story/motives can be explored later. This is Kaecilius's show for now.

^I agree here.

It would be quite pointless to not do anything with him in the future. Such potential! And such a cool-looking character

1. Does [BLACKOUT]Dormammu[/BLACKOUT] look just like he does in the comics?

2. How does [BLACKOUT]The Ancient One get killed[/BLACKOUT]?

3. How would you rank Kaecilius as opposed to the rest of the MCU villains?

Thank you for taking your time to do this. :)

I think it's ridiculous that you're acting like your opinion is so much more special than anyone else. Just bc you thought Dormannu's appearance was bad, doesn't mean the GA will see it that way.

Well if I'm asked a question about a movie I HAVE SEEN, I'm gonna state MY OWN OPINION. That's all. The GA might feel another way sure, doesn't change MY OPINION on the subject. It doesn't mean my opinion is more valid than everybody else's, it's just that for now there's no other opinion to confront mine in this thread. Doesn't mean I hold the objective truth. Again it's just my opinion. People ask me what did I feel about this and that, well this is what I felt about this and that. Nothing more, nothing less. In time you'll make your own opinion, but for now I was asked about MINE. So I just stated mine.

And just for the record, I didn't say his appearance was bad, I even stressed that it wasn't. I try to present my point of view with nuance and arguments to back what I feel about things. So please pay more attention.

1. Does [BLACKOUT]Dormammu[/BLACKOUT] look just like he does in the comics?

2. How does [BLACKOUT]The Ancient One get killed[/BLACKOUT]?

3. How would you rank Kaecilius as opposed to the rest of the MCU villains?

Thank you for taking your time to do this. :)

1. Not really.

2. Kaecilius stabs her through one of his zealot and she falls off of a building.

3. He's no Loki, no Red Skull, or Zemmo but he's better than Malekith, Whiplash or Hammer. He's up there Killian and Ronan (which are villains that I liked)

Last edited:

But you're the only guy who has said anything about the movie thus far, so I'll have to just wait and see for myself/see what others have to say.

I remember when everybody kept claiming that Spiderman had 30 minutes of screentime in Civil War and that he "literally outclassed Cap in a fight", so I've come to know that I shan't believe anybody at this point.

Kingdork sees these movies ahead of time and has been for a while. He's opinions are valid..

Like you said, things are subjective. Given what he looks for in a film, there is a bias which likely lead him to be uninterested in dormammu. We all have biases; he may look for something like characters in a film, which is why he is evidently so uninterested in Dormammu. It's valid.

At the same time, my own biases lead me to gravitate to stunning psychedelic visuals, the concept of a big bad behind the scenes. This, coupled with my bias towards Dormammu, I'm predicting I will be very interested in him given/despite what Kingdork says.

It's subjective, I wouldn't focus on much more than detail

Yes he does.

Sounds like a character to me. Just one who is an indirect driving force of the plot and has no significant role in the movie other than the a big bad. I look forward to it.

How big is his "head" compared to strange? Are we talking like a 6 foot head? Or he is really huge

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"