Spooky Experiences

Here's only for mine.

I was 7 years old at the time and was getting ready to go to bed. The next day was Field Day at school. I was in my parents room when I happened to look out their door and down the balcony. (Indoor balcony overlooking the living room.) I saw my grandma standing there. Now, even though she lived next door, it was later than she would have come to visit and she didn't seem to acknowledge me. When I went out onto the balcony, she was gone. I told my parents but, they told me she had not come over at all that day, let alone just now. They just told me I was imagining it.

The next day at school, we were having our Field Day competitions. My parents were there to cheer me on and Grandma and Grandpa would be coming later. They never showed up. Like any 7 year old, I was mad. My parents were worried. Keep in mind, this was 29 years ago, no cell phones. So, they dropped me off at my other grandparents house so they could go find out why Grandma and Grandpa hadn't shown up. When they got back, the news was tragic. On their way to the school, my Grandma had suffered a heart attack and died before Grandpa could get her to the hospital.
What did I see the night before she died? It couldn't have been her ghost, she was still alive. Still weirds me out to this day.

The next
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Doppelgänger
"...a doppelgänger seen by a person's friends or relatives portends illness or danger.....

I'm quite skeptical when it comes to this kind of stuff but I certainly want to believe I just can't without seeing it with my own eyes. So much so I've attempted numerous 'investigations' if you will. Things have happened on these 'investigations' but nothing to make me believe. Here's a few I can recall off the top of my head.

The first one was my first time investigating in a local cemetery. There were three of us, two male and one female. As we walked up the path through the cemetery i had my video recorder running. Nothing interesting happened. When I got back home I listened back to the footage and as we were chatting walking up the path you can distinctly hear my voice followed by my two friends and then finally there was the voice of what sounded like a young girl saying something. To me it's unexplainable due to the location and time.

Same location different night me and my friend were asking out for activity near the same place where we captured the 'EVP'. I saw a light float infront of us but my friend missed it, I was shocked so we asked for it to do it again and it did it again upon request and both of us saw it. Once more unexplainable because there are no lights nearby.

Both my friends have apparently heard there names being called. Once I asked what we believe to be the child to play a game and say my friends name whilst we were in separate parts of the cemetery. When we met up again she asked me if I had called her name because she heard someone whisper it, so much so she got up to come to me to see what I wanted but remained once she saw me not even looking in her direction.

Finally and the most recent was in the same place. I heard a whistle whilst conducting a bit of an EVP session. No one else heard it but then when we played it back the exact same whistle was there.

I'm not saying any of it is really paranormal but a lot I find hard to explain, it hasn't made me a believer but I'm very open minded about the whole thing.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Doppelgänger
"...a doppelgänger seen by a person's friends or relatives portends illness or danger.....

I'm just curious, where do the majority of jews stand on things like ghosts and dopplegangers and this spooky stuff. I know many christians who don't/choose not to believe in anything but angels, demons, and the trinity. Just wondering if it is the same for jews.

Here's something pretty spooky.

imagebpd.png

So ur with ur honey and yur making out wen the phone rigns. U anser it n the vioce is “wut r u doing wit my daughter?” U tell ur girl n she say “my dad is ded”. THEN WHO WAS PHONE?

:cwink:

Last night I had a spooky experience, or rather a dream. I had gone to sleep earlier then usual because I had sleeping problems the night before. I must have just nodded off when a man suddenly appeared at the edge of my bed. He was wearing dark rimmed glasses, a white shirt and black pants. I don't know how to describe it, but I could just feel anger and hatred radiating from him. He then said to me that it was "time to go to sleep". He grabbed me by my feet and yanked me off the bed. I woke up screaming and throwing the blankets to the floor. I was covered in sweat and my heart was beating really hard in my chest because I could hear it, I really thought I was going to have a heart attack. When I calmed down, I looked around my room and everything was normal. The TV was still on, the door was partially closed as I left it. I think the cat heard my shout because she poked her head through the doorway.

That was a first in a very long time since I had felt terrified. I did manage to go back to sleep without incident, but I had gone to the couch in the living room. The dream felt so real, I'm still feeling pretty uneasy about it.

Last edited:
I'm just curious, where do the majority of jews stand on things like ghosts and dopplegangers and this spooky stuff. I know many christians who don't/choose not to believe in anything but angels, demons, and the trinity. Just wondering if it is the same for jews.
I can't speak for non-orthodox Jews, but as for Orthodox Jews, we believe that thru most of history their were demons, but in the past 2000 years they almost totally disappeared.
(note that one of the greatest traditional Jewish philosophers, Moses Maimonides, totally rejected the notion of demons, and said that they are allegories for mystical concepts, but almost all modern Orthodox Jews disagree) Texts also mention "harmful spirits" but a careful reading makes some of us think they are describing germs.
We also believe in Dybbuks, evil spirits of the dead who possess people.

I can't speak for non-orthodox Jews, but as for Orthodox Jews, we believe that thru most of history their were demons, but in the past 2000 years they almost totally disappeared.
(note that one of the greatest traditional Jewish philosophers, Moses Maimonides, totally rejected the notion of demons, and said that they are allegories for mystical concepts, but almost all modern Orthodox Jews disagree) Texts also mention "harmful spirits" but a careful reading makes some of us think they are describing germs.
We also believe in Dybbuks, evil spirits of the dead who possess people.

I've always felt a many things in the Bible were allegorical, especially Revelation. Never could get behind the Fundamentalist Rapture idea, and then there are all the references to the Roman empire that many confuse for references to some future evils and signs.

I had never heard of Dybbuks until that recent film "The Possesion", and started looking into them. Back in 2004 there was a story about a Dybbuk box that had been through a few owners and they had all experienced very odd things. Here is the article:

http://articles.latimes.com/2004/jul/25/entertainment/ca-gornstein25

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kathielee
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"