STAR TREK 13 News and Discussion

That's fine.

San Francisco has been overused (not just by Abrams.)

^Good stuff, I am probably reaching here, but does that mean its more likely Joe Cornish got the directing gig? Also means Abrams may be able to keep a close eye on things which will help.

Most of the filming would be done in a set or studio anyway, so I'd be fine if it was filmed in England.

We should find out who is directing sometime in early 2014 I hope (next few months). Is the script being worked on now?

Is the script being worked on now?
writers were hired but as far as we know, no there seems to be no work on it yet. I guess Ocri and his new team wait for the director to come on board before they start working.

writers were hired but as far as we know, no there seems to be no work on it yet. I guess Ocri and his new team wait for the director to come on board before they start working.
Were Orci and Kurtzman the hired writers for Star Trek 3? If so, then they are busy with the Spider-Man franchise now, so IDK when they are going to find the time.

Whoever is responsible, I just hope they try mapping out what they want to do with the franchise or make some kind of blueprint. I'm surprised Paramount hasn't tried making a cinematic universe of their own when Marvel, DC, SONY, Fox, and Disney all want to do the same.

And Star Trek can easily justify having a cinematic universe since it is very expansive.

J.D. Payne and Patrick McKay have been tapped to write Star Trek 3 for Paramount and Skydance Productions.

The duo will join Roberto Orci, who co-wrote the first two installments of the reboot with partner Alex Kurtzman and Damon Lindelof. Orci is working without Kurtzman on this one.

The next Star Trek film is untitled and unscheduled, but Paramount and Skydance are hoping to have a film in time for the franchise to celebrate its 50th anniversary in 2016. Stars Chris Pine, Zachary Quinto and Zoe Saldana are expected to return.

Star Trek 3 has no director at this stage although Joe Cornish, who helmed the geek-favorite movie Attack the Block, is high on the wish list.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/star-trek-3-beams-up-663729

What have these new writers written before?

IMDB says ST3 will be their debut. Not sure though.

Well I'm glad Roberto Orci is at least returning. These guys are very young though, so they are no doubt inexperienced. Of all the writers out there, why them?

If they haven't written anything before, then there may not be a reason to be excited necessarily, but there also isn't a reason to worry.

For the sequel, since they're headed into war with the Klingons, that should be the backdrop. But the main story should be something super sci-fi-y and spacey, like one of those trippy type episodes. Like maybe they go to the Mirror universe.

Perhaps the Klingon War could be the underlying theme of the next couple of movies, but it shouldn't be the main plot as you said in your post. I don't know if I would want to see the Mirror Universe in these films mostly because it might not work too well with the GA, but something super sci-fi-y would be nice to have again. Though I think what brings the audience to see these movies is the action and scope.

True but there's never been a mirror universe movie. It'd be cool to bring it to the modern audiences. It could be like "Oh you thought Federation vs Klingons was going to be a big deal? Welcome to the Mirror Universe where the bad guys are the humans!"

Oh yeah, I personally would think that it would be very cool. I'm just wondering how the GA would feel about it.

Does anyone think that the next movie will take place during the five year mission, or after?

Oh yeah, I personally would think that it would be very cool. I'm just wondering how the GA would feel about it.

Does anyone think that the next movie will take place during the five year mission, or after?

I think during the five year mission and a Cinematic Debut of the Terran Empire could be fun if done right.

I would want to see the Gorn again as long as the designs are different from the 2013 video game.

DIRECTOR JOE CORNISH “NO LONGER INVOLVED” WITH ‘STAR TREK 3′

Let’s not put ‘Star Trek 3‘ into warp speed just yet.

After promising reports that ‘Attack the Block’ director (and frequent Edgar Wright collaborator) Joe Cornish would be directing the follow up to ‘Star Trek Into Darkness‘ comes word that Cornish is “no longer involved” with the upcoming sequel.

Variety is reporting that Cornish, who was never officially hired as part of the production but was working closely with the team, is out as the ‘Star Trek 3′ director, with no reason given for the departure. At the same time, Alex Kurtzman, who had produced and co-written the previous two ‘Star Trek’ films, has also left the project. Replacing Kurtzman will be newbie writers J.D. Payne and Patrick McKay who will work with Roberto Orci. There were no potential replacement candidates noted for Cornish.

Cornish was a fan favorite to replace director J.J. Abrams on ‘Star Trek 3′ and even Abrams himself said, “I adore [Joe] and love him and can’t wait to see what he does next. Hopefully it will be Star Trek,” before calling ‘Attack the Block’ one of his favorite films of the year.

The hiring of Cornish, who co-wrote Marvel’s ‘Ant-Man‘ with Wright, would’ve stabilized a rocky franchise and given ‘Star Trek 3′ some goodwill with the fans who recently ranked ‘Star Trek Into Darkness’ the worst ‘Star Trek’ film of all-time.

Paramount is hoping for a 2016 release for ‘Star Trek 3.’

http://screencrush.com/joe-cornish-star-trek-3-departure/

^Thats a damn shame about Cornish, but I am sure they can another director to helm ST3 and do a good job of it.

Bryan Singer comes to mind, but he's busy with X-Men.

Alfonso Cuarón maybe?

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"