General Trek Talk STAR TREK to be LUCAS-ISED

Gamma Ray

Superhero
Reaction score
trekcgienterprise.jpg

http://tvguide.com/News/Insider/

:down while that does look cool, I rather see them leave the eppy's alone. Just tired of seeing this stuff (updating special effects) happening. The only two movies that I will say needs to have their CGI redone is A Sound of Thunder and Ultraviolet. A Sound of Thunder was actually released unifinished in theaters. The production company went bankrupt back in 2004 during post-production and Warner Bros seems to have done nothing to finish the CGI. The budget was either 52 million or 80 million. Most of the CGI in that movie looks to be unfinished. I wouldn't be shocked if the music was just a temp soundtrack. As for Ultraviolet....that movie looks unfinished as well, not to mention butchered to hell.

This might make TOS watchable. I doubt it though, Gene Roddenberry's influnce of crappiness is too strong.

lars573 said:
This might make TOS watchable. I doubt it though, Gene Roddenberry's influnce of crappiness is too strong.

You must die before you procreate. :mad:

lars573 said:

Boo on you! :down :cmad:

Yeah that's right, I love Star Trek but hate TOS. I've concluded that the suckage of TOS is Gene Roddenberry's fault. The first 2-3 seasons of TNG have large amounts of crap writing and suckage. Mostly cause Roddenberry got the old TOs crew together and started to make TNG suck. Thankfully Rick Berman stopped him. But I suspect Roddey cursed Berman to make Trek suck eventually. :spidey:

Never been a Trek fan but this looks interesting.

lars573 said:
Yeah that's right, I love Star Trek but hate TOS. I've concluded that the suckage of TOS is Gene Roddenberry's fault. The first 2-3 seasons of TNG have large amounts of crap writing and suckage. Mostly cause Roddenberry got the old TOs crew together and started to make TNG suck. Thankfully Rick Berman stopped him. But I suspect Roddey cursed Berman to make Trek suck eventually. :spidey:

Kirk, Bones, and Spock PWN all other generations of characters. :cmad:

Brainiac 8 said:
Kirk, Bones, and Spock PWN all other generations of characters. :cmad:
Kirk=:down^8
Bones=:down (by default as he's a southern gentleman)
Spock=eh he's ok

The best Star Trek character was Sisko.

Wait! They are finally doing it?? They are finally updating the special effects to make the classic series a "special edition"
That's AWESOME!!! I've been saying they should do that for years!!

Oh man, so psyched. :)

Personally, I think it's stupid. I love the silly special effects on the show, it's what makes this classic series...a classic.

When it comes to something like this, you just don't mess with the classic look. :down

Normally, I'd be outraged, but its not like Star Trek is going anywhere. I'm going to give this a shot. As long as they don't replace the Gorn with a CGI Gorn or anything like that, it could be fun.

I want to see all the fake aliens in rubber suits changed out with fully CGI creatures. (like the ones in the cave that Kirk and Spock were trapped in with)
Can't remember the ep...always wanted to see them CGI.

GhostPoet said:
I want to see all the fake aliens in rubber suits changed out with fully CGI creatures. (like the ones in the cave that Kirk and Spock were trapped in with)
Can't remember the ep...always wanted to see them CGI.

:down :down :down :cmad:

Brainiac 8 said:
We DON'T need a Jar Jar Spock. :cmad:
Nooo...not THOSE aliens...I mean the non-humanoid ones. :) Like the lava creature, etc...

But I love the plastic looking rug hung over a guy on all fours. :(

Good idea actually but of course its popular to hate George Lucas.

Well, the guy says he's just completeing his vision of star wars...while at the same time pissing off millions of fans. Han shot first? New CGI? Yuck.

THIS IS OLD NEWS PEOPLE. Like in other forums: TRY THE BLOODY SEARCH. Gamma, you posted in the original thread, why start a new one?

This is a good idea. Not so much adding to the epis, just bringing the exterior shots up to current standards, while maintaining the 60's stylization. I think if they replace/upgrade the exterior shots, fix the 'beaming' and redo some of the phaser stuff, it'll look good.

Really, it all depends on how well they can intergrate the new F/X. If they can do it, and make it look natural (ie. fit in with the quality of the filming, and match the stylization and setting of the OST). Then it should be good and I look forward to this.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ohkeelay
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"