Star Wars - - - Part 12

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here it is from the source: http://thewaltdisneycompany.com/disney-news/press-releases/2012/10/disney-acquire-lucasfilm-ltd

An investor conference call will take place at approximately 4:30 p.m. EDT / 1:30 p.m

Global leader in high-quality family entertainment agrees to acquire world-renowned Lucasfilm Ltd, including legendary STAR WARS franchise.

Acquisition continues Disney's strategic focus on creating and monetizing the world's best branded content, innovative technology and global growth to drive long-term shareholder value.

Lucasfilm to join company's global portfolio of world class brands including Disney, ESPN, Pixar, Marvel and ABC.

STAR WARS: EPISODE 7 feature film targeted for release in 2015.
:awesome:

I call bulls***......for the time being.

dont think Disney would release info like this for a joke!

Star Wars 7 and Avengers 2 in 2015!? Disney will be laughing all the way to the bank

so what does everyone want in 7????

If they use characters from the OT I want Mary Elizabeth Winstead as Leia

Guardians of the Galaxy fighting The Empire?

Oh, it's pretty much a done deal. They did that **** quick and under the table.

Star Wars 7 and Avengers 2 in 2015!? Disney will be laughing all the way to the bank

hell nah original actors...should be the right age

I call bulls***......for the time being.

George Lucas calls bulls*** on you. :oldrazz:

"For the past 35 years, one of my greatest pleasures has been to see Star Wars passed from one generation to the next," said George Lucas, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer of Lucasfilm.

"It's now time for me to pass Star Wars on to a new generation of filmmakers. I've always believed that Star Wars could live beyond me, and I thought it was important to set up the transition during my lifetime. I'm confident that with Lucasfilm under the leadership of Kathleen Kennedy, and having a new home within the Disney organization, Star Wars will certainly live on and flourish for many generations to come.

Disney's reach and experience give Lucasfilm the opportunity to blaze new trails in film, television, interactive media, theme parks, live entertainment, and consumer products."
http://thewaltdisneycompany.com/disney-news/press-releases/2012/10/disney-acquire-lucasfilm-ltd

:funny:

It's definitely official. It's on the company website. And it makes sense, they've partnered with Lucasfilm for decades and they make a fortune off of those properties.

You know it'll be a massive time skip with Luke being about Hamill's age. You know he'll reprise the role if they ask.

wow, wonder who will be involved in this. My best friend (who is a star wars fanboy) is in NY now so he won't be hearing about this for a while lol

hell nah original actors...should be the right age

This. Just use the original actors but have them age.

TBH, I'd prefer if just Luke or Just Leia returned.

Otherwise, set it in the future FAR past their deaths. Perhaps to a time where the Republic has been restored to what it was before its fall in EP III.

Minus the Sith of course.

hell nah give me Han and Luke and Leia and Chewie

Considering the career he has now, Hamill will be lucky as all hell if they ask him to reprise the role.

Personally, I wouldn't mind something based on the Legacy comics.

my only problem is the original actors (for the most part) have not aged gracefully at all.... Hamill does not look like an old Jedi Master imo

Did Guiness?

Disney better do something with this **** though. They own so many properties just lying around it ain't funny.

New Jedi Order baby!!! Only thing the studio wouldn't like about that would be the lack of lightsaber battles. I say go with Legacy comics

Nothing wrong with Ford and Hamill... Fischer having the voice of an aged drag queen could be problematic, though.

Indeed. That first link that was posted was so bad, so I checked the 501st's website. Craziness.

I think Disney just wants Clone Wars and ILM more than anything. Lets just hope we don't get a Jerry Bruckheimer/Johnny Depp Star Wars.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"