Star Wars - - - Part 12

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can't freaking believe Disney got the whole package. ILM included.

Damn. Disney really doesn't kid around.

Freaking mind blowing. Still having a hard time processing this.

Well that was a bloody shock. Definitely didn't see that one coming. Well I'm all for more star wars (though I did kind of like the happy ever after feel of ROTJ's ending) so this is nothing but good news. Roll on 2015.

Freaking mind blowing.

Great thing is we know the effects for GotG and Avengers 2 will be great. Not saying the past Marvel films had **** CGI but this is great news.

I'm excited!

apparently theres plans for 7,8 and 9

AND THEN a new film every 3 years

if thats true at least we probably wont have to ever endure a remake.... of course the danger is if the new trilogy and subsequent films are **** it could dilute the OT..... **** IT THOUGH the kid in me wants more!

4 billion dollars, bro. BILLION.

Even after what Lucas did with the prequels??

He's still going to be a consultant, which should mean he'll make sure it stays true to the mythos I imagine.
Not everyone hates the prequels :dry:

I´m scared of what an episode 7 will be about. Unless they go for something not having to do with the Skywalkers and start a whole new saga, i´m weary. As far as continuing where ROTJ left off, i have a feeling not all of the OT actors would come back to SW (specifically Ford). I just... i dunno, i´m honestly scared of this, and i´m a huge SW fan LOL. I dont know how to feel about it without more info.

I can't believe it either. But it just makes total sense. They've partnered with them in the parks for decades, which is hugely popular. They've been looking for an answer to the Harry Potter Wizarding World park in Orlando (the plans for an Avatar-land were NOT popular), with Lucas retiring, it's completely logical.

Marvel was one of the best deal's the company's made, Lucasfilm just makes even more sense. It's a huge merchandising property, family-friendly, and proven to stay popular for a long time. This is brilliant for them.

I keep forgetting ILM is in that deal to boot. Would that also include the Indy flicks? And all those Lucasfilm game properties?

Can't believe this! :D But more movies is what I've always wanted so I am stoked, I hope episode 7 is just the basic working title and they go for a brand new trilogy with new characters, personally I'd like to see a full scale Jedi vs Mandaolorians war.

Holy ****! Didn't expect to hear anything like this, especially an episode 7. Huge ****in news! Hope it continues with the original cast.

Can we get some Star Wars/Marvel crossovers in the comics?

The ramifications of this sell is huge.

People are focusing on Star Wars, but Disney also gets ILM and Indiana Jones as well.

My mind is kinda blown right now, but I'm really excited about the potential here.

Honestly $4 billion for the entirety of the Star Wars franchise sounds like a bargain to me.

Will Clone Wars stay at Cartoon Network or move to a Disney Network?

The ramifications of this sell is huge.

People are focusing on Star Wars, but Disney also gets ILM and Indiana Jones as well.

I kind of want to say 'it's about time' considering Disney has had the Star Tours attaction as well as an Indiana Jones one at Disneyland.

Great thing is we know the effects for GotG and Avengers 2 will be great. Not saying the past Marvel films had **** CGI but this is great news.
Definitely. Having an in house mega star effects house will certain be incredibly useful.

4 billion dollars, bro. BILLION.
:wow:

I thought all of Lucasfilm was worth more than that though. Disney got them for a steal. :o

I can't believe it either. But it just makes total sense. They've partnered with them in the parks for decades, which is hugely popular. They've been looking for an answer to the Harry Potter Wizarding World park in Orlando (the plans for an Avatar-land were NOT popular), with Lucas retiring, it's completely logical.

Marvel was one of the best deal's the company's made, Lucasfilm just makes even more sense. It's a huge merchandising property, family-friendly, and proven to stay popular for a long time. This is brilliant for them.
Well put. :up:

It makes perfect sense but it's still a lot to take in. So many freaking doors have just opened. Today is a good day.

Man, I still don't know what to say!

right now every studio but Disney is readjusting its 2015 releases

Yeah $4 billion was a bargain considering what this franchise was made.

I think though for Lucas, he's already rich and he just gets a little richer and it gives his studio stability for the foreseeable future.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
osayi
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"