Stand-Alone Movies Star Wars: The Force Unleashed

GuestStar2004

Avenger
Reaction score
I remember when this game first came out there was alot of hype behind it, i think there was a novel released along with it and some felt it could have been made into a film so i am wondering do you think they make that story into a movie?

star_wars_the_force_unleashed_2.jpg

tfu-cover-art_8yzn.jpg

Haven't really heard anything about adapting it into a movie so i assume lucasarts haven't really put much thought into it and i know the name starkiller has now been given to death star 3 in force awakens but hey there is potential there.

Seriously...this needs to be made. This could be such an awesome film/series.

I would even settle for a television series

Star Wars Netflix series, perhaps? Although I think a character like Boba Fett would do really good having his own Netflix series.

This is one of the things that got me back into SW after I had to go cold turkey after Episode I.

I was so hyped for the sequel and it was really good...until I beat it 45 minutes later :whatever: I really wish that 1313 game would've happened, as well as the Darth Maul one that used this games engine.

I just started playing the first game again about a week ago, this game is still very enjoyable to me.

The design for the level "Raxus Prime" is amazing. Actually, most of the planets/designs/costumes are really good, but Raxus Prime stands out to me more than the others.

The concept of a Darth Vader aprentice could be a good way for Darth Vader to get a large role in a spin-off. The plot's alright, but the main character would need to be much less powerful than he was in the original game.

I don't think you can just throw Unleashed on the table. I think the Unleashed story was fine because it was a game. But I think making a movie where hey, Vader actually has a secret apprentice. IMHO, no that doesn't really work and it's very convoluted.

Not to mention, Ezra Bridger on Rebels has basically been tweaked to resemble Starkiller anyway.

The concept of a Darth Vader aprentice could be a good way for Darth Vader to get a large role in a spin-off. The plot's alright, but the main character would need to be much less powerful than he was in the original game.

I think it's a good concept as well for a Vader spin-off movie.

I was actually watching Sam Witwer and one of the co-creators of the game give commentary over TFU, one of them brought up the fact that if a movie was ever made, he would definitely be powered down. One of the big gripes with some was him pulling down the Star Destroyer, which one of them mentioned that maybe he just caused the pilot of it to swerve down and crash, which I honestly never even thought of. Still... I'd love to see more Starkiller in something.

Pretty much this. I sort of always accepted that TFU was played how it was because we'd never had an SW game that let us let loose like that. The Dark Forces/Jedi Knight series kept us subdued, even when we were allowed to use the dark side. Even Vader is shown as incredibly over the top during his moments in the game.

I do want to see, even if just to show Vader's badass resolve, a fight like the end of TFU, where Vader is tested hard, and we get a completely shredded Vader at the end of it. Like this. I got this figure right after TFU came out and still think it's one of the best Vader figures ever made.

Pretty much this. I sort of always accepted that TFU was played how it was because we'd never had an SW game that let us let loose like that. The Dark Forces/Jedi Knight series kept us subdued, even when we were allowed to use the dark side. Even Vader is shown as incredibly over the top during his moments in the game.

I do want to see, even if just to show Vader's badass resolve, a fight like the end of TFU, where Vader is tested hard, and we get a completely shredded Vader at the end of it. Like this. I got this figure right after TFU came out and still think it's one of the best Vader figures ever made.

That would be amazing to see on the big screen. Starkiller vs Darth Vader...

I wish they made more TFU collectibles... All the Starkiller toys I've seen don't look too great. Kinda hoping they do a Black Series for Starkiller & Darth Bane eventually.

Seeing Vader wreck shop in Rogue One, it'd be very interesting to see Disney come up with another "side apprentice" type of character who could prove to be an equal match to him.

If they're going to do a "side apprentice" I don't see why it can't be Sam Witwer as Starkiller. Dude's a great actor, still looks the same as he did when this game came out. Plus he still works with Lucasfilm/Disney. He actually voiced a Stormtrooper in Rogue One (along with Steve Blum and other semi-big VA's) I guess they'd have to change some plot points from TFU... but it wouldn't be that big o' deal.

That said, whatever they do... I'd go to see it, regardless.

Doing game-based movie is just a bad idea in general after Assassin's Creed and Warcraft. It ain't happening.

They aren't going to do Force-Unleashed movies.

Perfect Netflix-type show, if you ask me.

Doing game-based movie is just a bad idea in general after Assassin's Creed and Warcraft. It ain't happening.

They aren't going to do Force-Unleashed movies.

But it's not just a video game, it's also Star Wars,

I remember that game was a pretty big deal at the time, I think there was a graphic novel or a book release at the same time

But it's not just a video game, it's also Star Wars,

I remember that game was a pretty big deal at the time, I think there was a graphic novel or a book release at the same time

I agree.

Yeah it was a pretty big deal. And yes, there was graphic novels/books for the games. :D

Rahm Kota was almost in Clone Wars. Dave Filoni (I think it was him) wanted him in the show. I think GL said no though. Same with Revan and Bane...

Last edited:
I remember when Shadows of the Empire was also treated as a big deal once upon a time.

People still love it, I'd say.

Seeing as there was a lot of speculation as to whether Dash Rendar's Outrider was in the teaser for S3 of Rebels... He hasn't been forgotten, I'd say. Which is cool... that game came out in the mid 90's.

People still love it, I'd say.

Seeing as there was a lot of speculation as to whether Dash Rendar's Outrider was in the teaser for S3 of Rebels... He hasn't been forgotten, I'd say. Which is cool... that game came out in the mid 90's.

If I remember they said that the appearance of the YT-2400 in Rebels wasn't about Dash Rendar, it was just about the ship. One of the people working on the show now was the original designer of the ship back when they worked for Lucas Arts on the Shadow of the Empire game.

If I remember they said that the appearance of the YT-2400 in Rebels wasn't about Dash Rendar, it was just about the ship. One of the people working on the show now was the original designer of the ship back when they worked for Lucas Arts on the Shadow of the Empire game.

Yeah, it wasn't his. But their was a lot of speculation as to whether it was around the web. I was just saying his character is still remembered, even though the video game came out in the mid 90's. :woot:

I agree.

Yeah it was a pretty big deal. And yes, there was graphic novels/books for the games. :D

Rahm Kota was almost in Clone Wars. Dave Filoni (I think it was him) wanted him in the show. I think GL said no though. Same with Revan and Bane...

Not really. Tons of games get crossover novels and comics as well. It's hardly a new thing.

I mean the Dark Forces games were some of the best games ever, and now they are legends canon. They were also Star Wars. It doesn't mean they will become movies.

I mean the Dark Forces games were some of the best games ever, and now they are legends canon. They were also Star Wars. It doesn't mean they will become movies.

I suppose thats the question though, should they make a force unleased movie?

its a rich concept so personally i think it would be shame if they didn't make one, it doesn't sound like its in the current pipeline though.

No they shouldn't. It's a video game. It's not canon anymore. It's not really rife for a film adaptation.

At this point, Lucasfilm will pick and choose what they want from EU and Legends Canon and transplant it elsewhere in their new projects.

They are gonna need new ideas after Luke & Leia get re cast for more Original Trilogy movies they can always change their mind & just adapt this one. The only bad thing will be is by the time Luke & Leia are re cast younger Sam might be old for Starkiller :(
What they need is good ideas. Considering they already picked this story dry with Ezra, Ahsoka and the name for the base in TFA, I don't think they want anything to do with it. It is one of the big blots on the last years of the old EU.

I don't see it happening. Certainly they're not opposed to using Legends characters, worlds and vehicles, but to actually take an entire Legends storyline (and one based on a video game at that) and lift it wholesale for a film? I think that's a bridge too far.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kathielee
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"