State Your Opinion on a Character - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I dig em. Mostly for the Cartoon, which it looks like the Comic was/is based on.

The Beetlejuice cartoon was the ****! So was the movie. I haven't read the comics though.

To be fair, I think there was only one comic before the planned book was cancelled. I'm not sure though. And I'm too tired to check... :hehe:

But, yeah, the cartoon was fun. The movie is fantastic though. Tim Burton should do more original, non-adaptation films like that. Everything the guy does these days is a "re-imagining" of something else.
What's so bad about just plain old imagining?

hmmm ..i guess i am the only one but i though Juicy in ever incarnation sucked *beetles!! hehe

* not john, paul ,george and Ringo

To be honest, I liked Beetlejuice in the movie only, never bothered with the cartoons or comic.

PrinceValiant-11.jpg

Prince Valiant

He sort of looks like He-Man, with his hair dyed black & without the roids. :o Anyway, the only time I 've read anything on Valiant would be in the comics section in the newspaper. I also heard they made a movie based on the character in the 1950s or so.

Prince Val is cool!
i think people would be like Hey prince!! and he would turn around and be like wha?.... "this is how it sounds like when doves cry Aieeeeee!"hehe

They literally have a comic for everything.

I dig the character. He cool in a, one eyed anti-hero badass sorta way.

I love Plissken & the way Kurt Russell portrayed him in Escape From NY. He's a no no nonsense dude & doesn't have a care in the world. Awesome character & awesome film!! Escape From LA, is OK, but not as good as the first one.

They literally have a comic for everything.
for real though! damn i didnt know they had a comic of this.!is there anything that doesnt have a comic???
I love Plissken & the way Kurt Russell portrayed him in Escape From NY. He's a no no nonsense dude & doesn't have a care in the world. Awesome character & awesome film!! Escape From LA, is OK, but not as good as the first one.
Ditto! Snake was the ^%#! and i freaking love Kurt Russell! that dude is the man!

Liked the Beetlejuice film and cartoon back then, can't watch either of them now

Prince Valiant might be cool

Snake Plissken is awesome
And the L.A film is more fun than the New York one

Yeah, I know some of this stuff is pretty random. But I sort of like the randomness of threads like these.
The "What the **** is that?" Factor is part of what makes them fun. :D

Oh. Speaking of random:

tumblrlj508njkgd1qguyfho11280.jpg

Monkeyman and O'Brien

From Wiki:

The series follows the story of Ann O'Brien, the daughter of a missing scientist, who at the time of his disappearance was working on experiments in interdimensional travel. When one of her father's experimental machines was accidentally activated by Ann, it teleported from another dimension Axewell Tiberius (a.k.a. "Monkeyman"), a 10-foot-tall (3.0 m) super-intelligent gorilla-like being that Adams conceived as "the Reed Richards of the gorilla world." The same accident also bathed Ann in a mysterious radiation which caused her grow to seven feet tall and endowed her with superhuman strength, endurance and speed.http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Monkeyman_and_O'Brien#cite_note-2 Axewell quickly became Ann's friend and the two went on to face numerous Silver Age style threats including the "Shrewmanoid" and the "Froglodytes". The duo also encountered the Image Comics super-team Gen¹³. In the last Monkeyman and O'Brien stories published to date, humorous situations arise between the pair such as O'Brien growing to colossal size after being hit by one of Monkeyman's experimental devices.http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Monkeyman_and_O'Brien#cite_note-5 Monkeyman's brother Nonny O'Brien also features in the series.

I've heard of them. Never read anything with them in it though.

Let me guess, the girl with the red hair is Monkeyman....? :confused:

What is it about comics and intelligent, talking monkeys anyway?

Particularly pairing them up with beautiful female sidekicks... I'm looking at you, Angel and The Ape...

44190-7204-51378-1-angel-and-the-ape.jpg

What is it about comics and intelligent, talking monkeys anyway?
Something to do with the theory of evolution maybe

Particularly pairing them up with beautiful female sidekicks... I'm looking at you, Angel and The Ape...
King Kong and his girlfriend count? Though that giant ape doth not speak

Maybe, but If I remember correctly Fay Wray's character wasn't so much Kong's sidekick as she was his screaming hostage. :hehe:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"