State Your Opinion on a Character!!!! (Reboot) - Part 7

3493723-21.jpg

THIS STUPID CARTOON
It's getting canned

Thank god!

It's okay Aziz we'll hopefully get a better Spidey toon than Ultimate.

Animation team seem to be mostly unchanged, so I guess we won't get the vast improvement some hope to see.

I wanted to like Ultimate, I truly did, but it only took 3 episodes to conclude that it was never gonna fill the Spectacular-shaped void in my soul, but rather just make it feel worse. I have no idea if it got any better as it went on, I just know that the little of it I saw showed us a Peter Parker who spent a lot of time talking to the camera and acting very unheroic and un-Spider-Man-like. But whatever, it was only three episodes. (Or four, as I did check out a later Sinister Six ep out of sheer morbid curiosity and didn't like that one either.)

The biggest problem with USM toon is the writing and forced humor, and deciding to make it literally Spider-Man and His Amazing Friends by taking so many characters and aging them down.

With Spider-Man & His Amazing Friends it works cause Bobby and Peter are pretty much peers in the comics, no one is deaged.

I usually don't waste energy hating things anymore, since maturing...if I hate something and it has its share of fans, instead of harping over something I don't need to watch/buy/play/read...I'll just ignore it. I'll only rant about something if it comes up and my opinion is asked for.

But I won't lie, this show is garbage and it contributes to my regret over Disney acquiring Marvel.

2206168-2206167-prince_of_orphans.jpg

PRINCE OF ORPHANS
Who else thinks this guy might appear in the Netflix series?

Outlaw was cool in Ewing's contest of champions as the pov character that was baffled by everything that was going on cause hes just a guy that used to shoot people. Him interacting with punisher 2099 was also fun

Nice to see you post here again, old chum. :D

Thanks man i had to take a break from this for a while but now I'm back with full force!

1730053-mkvssm.jpg

MOON KNIGHT (ULTIMATE)
What happened to that nutcase?

Man, two weeks past without any activity in these threads.
I guess they lost traction.

5537136-image.jpeg

MATTIE FRANKLIN

She was the one in Alias, right? I only know her from that, which was an interesting story. I liked the dynamic with J. Jonah Jameson.

I liked the rose. Didn't Richard Fisk try and go after Wilson before he became the rose? I think I remember an issue of Spider-man where that happened. Anyway, too bad they didn't do much with him.

Regent - Cool concept, but I thought he sucked. If you have already stole so many other superheroes powers, do you even need Spidey's? Spider-sense would be of value, but if I recall, not many villains know he has it. I haven't read RYVs in awhile so maybe I'm forgetting some things.... but Slott's writing was no help to this character.

I like Hank Pym's pacifism constantly in battle with his superhero-ing. I did not like when he beat his wife. Nuff' said.

Last edited:
I liked the rose. Didn't Richard Fisk try and go after Wilson before he became the rose? I think I remember an issue of Spider-man where that happened. Anyway, too bad they didn't do much with him.
Yeah, that was his debut story.

I'm only familiar with Mattie from Alias and the current run on Silk.

I totally prefer the current Spider-Women best (Jess, Cindy and Gwen). Though I guess I should see how Clone Conspiracy plays out

Got to love 70's Marvel. I mean... Eros was on THE AVENGERS. A guy whose most notable power was... making you horny.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"