• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

State Your Opinion on A DC Character - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, that's it for the Cromag Master.

He killed a dinosaur with a dinosaur.....That's just too awesome for words.
demonnights-neves3.jpg

The Penguin
PENGUIN_PAIN_AND_PREJUDICE_1.jpg

I really don't care too much about him, but I'm playing Arkham City now and I like that version of him.

Oswald's cool with me. He provides that essential mid-way point in Bat-World, between supervillain and old-school gangster.

I like him. I kind of feel like Black Mask is trying to occupy that same "super-gangster" territory the Penguin used to occupy, but I prefer the Penguin in that role.

I like Pengy in most of his personas-WC Fields con man type, gentleman crook type, or his most recent role running the nightclub.

I like him. I kind of feel like Black Mask is trying to occupy that same "super-gangster" territory the Penguin used to occupy, but I prefer the Penguin in that role.

Exactly the way I feel.Pengy is one of bats few stable ass baddies without the craziness going on and I dig him more as the cool gangster than anything else and if for nothing else Burgess Meridith was cool as hell and he rocked!

Same here. Besides, what other villain has an expensive and thematic lounge saloon open for public instead of a lair?*

Now that is cool.:word:

*John Travolta in Punisher, but that's not so cool.

Last edited:
I loved him in Akham City. He was glorious, well... except from that bottle top in his eye.

Man, I miss monocles, fracks and capes... Today we have "crocks" and curtain shades....

Oswald's cool with me. He provides that essential mid-way point in Bat-World, between supervillain and old-school gangster.

Agreed.

As for other media I always kind of liked the way Danny Devito played him in Batman Returns. Plus I'm a huge Danny Devito fan so I guess I'm partial.

That's it for Flipper fists
.....jeez I wonder how he....you know.....:o
Penguin_BTAS.jpg

Despero

despero.jpg

I really don't care too much about him, but I'm playing Arkham City now and I like that version of him.

Will the next game be "Arkham State" or will it be "Arkham County?"

Arkham Island! :awesome:

I loves Despero but I think I like the silver age chess playing crazy man rather than the more brutal modern one.

His schemes were always wacky :)

I love Despero. JLA #1 is one of my favorite covers and comics of all time.

Despero seemed like a super-badass villain with a lot of potential that they never really used except in a couple stories. JLA/JSA: Virtue & Vice comes to mind. I always thought he should be the Martian Manhunter's nemesis, since they're both uber-powerful telepaths and physical powerhouses.

I loved him in Akham City. He was glorious, well... except from that bottle top in his eye.
Yeah, that was f***ing weird.

Arkham Island! :awesome:

I loves Despero but I think I like the silver age chess playing crazy man rather than the more brutal modern one.

His schemes were always wacky :)

I love Despero. JLA #1 is one of my favorite covers and comics of all time.

DESPER3.jpg

He shoulda been the threat to bring the JL together for the first time in the DCnU. (Along with a giant telepathic Starfish :o)

Despero seemed like a super-badass villain with a lot of potential that they never really used except in a couple stories. JLA/JSA: Virtue & Vice comes to mind. I always thought he should be the Martian Manhunter's nemesis, since they're both uber-powerful telepaths and physical powerhouses.

Yeah, that was f***ing weird.

FNFDespero02.jpg

FNFDespero04.jpg

Saving Gypsy and being amazing :atp:

I loves J'onn. He's my favourite league-er along with Arthur

DESPER3.jpg

He shoulda been the threat to bring the JL together for the first time in the DCnU. (Along with a giant telepathic Starfish :o)

Yes to this :up:

Despero and Starro as the villains of the first Justice League story would have been amazing and perfect and I would have loved it

Maybe an appearance by Kanjar Ro and his Gamma Metal Gong too

i've read plently of stores with "3rd eye blind" and have always found him to be uninteresting and non-entertaining, listen if you are going to be pink with a fin on top of your head. you better be *"Johnny bad -ass" :cwink:for me ,which that cat aint!Vibe could take that dude!sucks!

* johnny blaze's older siblling

But he's a pink psychic alien with a chess fetish

That's crazy :awesome:

Chess fetish with unwitting entranced pawns sitting at table!.. Priceless!

Big Pink, finny head aliens with 3 eyes who sit around and spout diatribe, but not enough ass kicking and name takin...not so much!:cwink:

Oopsie had the silly thing in reverse! Hahahaha

Maybe you shoulda read Virtue and Vice. He beat the s**t outta the JLA and JSA.

i read his stuff with the booster gold blue beetle justice league when they tried to revamp him( as depicted by Anubis) and he just never did it for me. i just don't see him as much as a threat like Neron or the other guys!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"