DC Relaunching Everything? - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
What part of "They're relaunching everything" did you not understand?

Like... All of them? Will all the continuity stay the same though?

There's the rub.

They're gonna pick and choose which they want. Bats and GL keep most of their continuity over the last few years. Supes, WW, and pretty much everybody else gets either complete, or partial reboots.

There's the rub.

They're gonna pick and choose which they want. Bats and GL keep most of their continuity over the last few years. Supes, WW, and pretty much everybody else gets either complete, or partial reboots.

I know. Just messin'. :cwink:

From another site:
Most of the released solicitation images for the DC Relaunch are not the covers for the first issue – so look forward to all those being announced soon as well.

Action Comics and Justice League are set in the past, the Green Lantern, Batman and LSH books are all continuing without a reboot. DCU Presents, Green Arrow and Hawkman are picking up where Brightest Day left off.

But for everything else, yes, it will be more of a reboot/restart. They are basically keeping the books going that were financially successful for them and restarting everything else.

The Flashpoint books were also being done by teams not being used in the reboot to help give those guys more time.

Really glad that the Bat comic books and Legion of superheroes continuity wont be affected by this reboot when it happens :up:

There's the rub.

Yep Wonder Woman and Superman sound like their going to go through some major changes to their origins and continuity

From another site:
Most of the released solicitation images for the DC Relaunch are not the covers for the first issue – so look forward to all those being announced soon as well.

Action Comics and Justice League are set in the past, the Green Lantern, Batman and LSH books are all continuing without a reboot. DCU Presents, Green Arrow and Hawkman are picking up where Brightest Day left off.

But for everything else, yes, it will be more of a reboot/restart. They are basically keeping the books going that were financially successful for them and restarting everything else.

The Flashpoint books were also being done by teams not being used in the reboot to help give those guys more time.

Ah, yes. That seems to be the best way to go about this without making it confusing to anybody.

:doh:

Like a ****ing pack of monkeys making decisions here.

From another site:

REALLY glad to hear LoSH will be picking up where it ended last. I really liked the Threeboot's take on the characters. Couldn't care less about the others though. It's just far to complicated to keep track of.

REALLY glad to hear LoSH will be picking up where it ended last. I really liked the Threeboot's take on the characters. Couldn't care less about the others though. It's just far to complicated to keep track of.

I've really been enjoying the Paul Levitz Legion of superheroes comics so i am really glad that he is still going to be the writer and that it wont be changed by the relaunch

Are you planning to check out Legion Lost too Twylight

The Threeboot Legion was kicked out of continuity with the Lightning Saga years ago. Legion of Super-Heroes is continuing with Levitz writing the adventures of the original Legion, who should have never been retconned out of existence in the first place.

The Threeboot Legion was kicked out of continuity with the Lightning Saga years ago. Legion of Super-Heroes is continuing with Levitz writing the adventures of the original Legion, who should have never been retconned out of existence in the first place.

I am really enjoying how he writes them right now. I am not really digging Shadow Lass dating Earth Man but other than that i am really liking it

Dream Girl Shrinking Violet Lightning Lass and Brainiac are my favourite characters at the moment :hrt:

Last edited:
I'm more of a Brainiac 5, Mon-El, and the Legionnaires 3 kind of guy. That said, I am a fan of all of the Legionnaires.

hmmm........maybe there's hope the costumes they revealed aren't the final designs......lol

it is pretty stupid that some books get to keep continuity while others get rebooted......

i wonder how intact geoff johns' superman secret origins will be post-point.

Agreed, although the Superboy and Supergirl retcons better not screw them up again. The Legion couldn't take another reboot at this stage IMO.

Are you planning to check out Legion Lost too Twylight

Yes.

:doh: For some reason I read the little blurby wrong and my brain went to a totally different place... AND I just totally dated myself. :o

But it doesn't matter, The Legion is The Legion is The Legion. I'll take it however I can. I'm getting tired of scouring my LCS and used bookstores for back issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kathielee
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"