stereotypes

Because i am a large overweight person they don't think i can play sports or do work in a gym. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA, they all learn the price for their ignorance. I am generally always picked last for basketball and i can play longer than most of them, kick their ass defensively and back them down. Football, they run into me like a brick wall and i have some of the softest hands for catching the pigskin. I play a descent baseball/softball and am a very good volleyball player. I can bench in the low 200's and squat in the high 400's. All of this on a 5'10 275lb frame.

ermmm_no said:
i'm Irish and yes i am drunk most of the time.
.well, then you are the stereotype...good for you

Well Im tall and skinny and sometimes wear glasses so people usually presume I like comic books, video games, and talk to people on message boards.............so yeah

I always get this, "So do you play Football, you must wrestle for you College, Right? Do you do construction?"

Why is it impossible that a geek doesn't workout?? I know I look alot different then my fellow colleagues, but I get really tired of hearing that, then when I tell them that I have degrees in Computer Science and Mathematics, they are like Huh??

Exabyte said:
I always get this, "So do you play Football, you must wrestle for you College, Right? Do you do construction?"

Why is it impossible that a geek doesn't workout?? I know I look alot different then my fellow colleagues, but I get really tired of hearing that, then when I tell them that I have degrees in Computer Science and Mathematics, they are like Huh??
Yeah,a lot of the geeks I know are working-out FREAKS,'cause they want to look like Wolverine or Superman or something.

184%20201%20JAMES%20LAST%20OP%20KLOMPEN.JPG

Wilhelm-Scream said:
Yeah,a lot of the geeks I know are working-out FREAKS,'cause they want to look like Wolverine or Superman or something.

......so so true....

My favorite Stereo Type is ONKYO. Of course BOSE is good too.

huskerwebhead said:
My favorite Stereo Type is ONKYO. Of course BOSE is good too.
I feel so humiliated when a stupid joke makes me laugh. :(

I'm 2/3 Puerto Rican but I'm fairly light skinned. So much to the point that when someone finds out I'm Puerto Rican (usually other Puerto Ricans) they tell me I'm lying and there's no way I could be Puerto Rican because I don't "act like it". Yes, you heard me right. I have actually been accused of being a *liar* for it.

Yes, I'm just lying because I want to be part of that exclusive club. :rolleyes:

Wilhelm-Scream said:

I used to get picked on a lot. Did peoples homework in high school, NO JOKE. So senior year, I lifted and added alot of size, then later I joined the powerlifting team and took home some state records.

Now I am Gorilla, hoo, hoo. I did it so people would stop picking on me, but now people start things with me because of my size... go figure.

I live in the South. I've learned to get the f*uck over it and fight back. ;o

AndThePickles said:
Hey everybody. Out of curiousity, which irritating stereotype have you had the most personal experience with?

For me, I've definitely had bad experiences with blonde stereotypes. Many people who don't know me assume that I'm easy, dumb, etc. I also get people assuming that I'm unapproachable/stuck up (not true at all lol). I especially dislike the whole "blonde white girls are easy" stereotype, it's definitely aggravating at times.

Everytime I watch an American TV show or movie and they make fun of Canadains in such an unrealistic way makes me gag and puke a little in my mouth... plus I get a big old hate on for well those stereotypical Americans who would believe that bullcrap and think it's funny.

That's my beef!!!!!!!:wolverine

TheDevilwithin said:
stereotypes are true to a certain extent.

bumb blondes do exists and are easy.
some black people do eat watermelon and chicken.
some woman cant drive for shnit
etc. of course i do hate when those stereotypes stretch to generalize me in the loop. for instance, i was at the campus book store readinga comic, i went to put it back to the shelf, when the old lady next to me said that she didnt expect people of my kind(im black) to actually put a book back on the shelf after reading it. i was like wtf?

I would have slapped that b1tch, and I'm not black or even close, if I'd heard someone saying that to someone else near me, even if they were a compleate stranger, I would have verbally abused them back... I CAN'T STAND F####ers like that.

*Violence is fun*

People say that I'm white (even though I'm *NOT*). Then, they say that I, because of my whiteness: have a small penis; cannot play sports for crap; can't run fast; am a nerd, etc.

rigel7soldiers said:
People say that I'm white (even though I'm *NOT*). Then, they say that I, because of my whiteness: have a small penis; cannot play sports for crap; can't run fast; am a nerd, etc.
You white people are so lame.;)

Though I think being made fun of for being a nerd or not being able to play sports isn't really as hateful as being told you're just flat out inferior because of your race or something. I have been called the N-word several times before by older senior citizen persons, and due to my being the only black person in several of my college classes, anytime something remotely related to black history came up, everyone in the room would look towards me like I magically knew all the information.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"