Studios hunting for the next big property franchise

I highly doubt that! If so, not nearly to the level were at today.

There is a feature on the Star Wars DVD where it says something along the lines of Hollywood going through a decade of unoriginality before Star wars came out. People Did say "everything's been done." Its part of human nature, no matter what you look at, before the airplane was invented the average person never thought about flying.

Tarzan, Sinbad (live action!!!!)

I am really furious at Hollywood for not looking at what is in front of their god damn nose! With the effects we have now a' days we can seriously go back to the good ol' Tarzan and Sinbad days! And we DEFINITELY should. I mean, can you imagine all of the spectacle of yesterday with the new effects of today? It would seriously look fcking amazing! So why the hell aren't they making these movies???

Other movies that are obvious to make into films:

Shakespeare's "The Tempest."

With the effects of today, this Shakespeare story can finally be adapted. Caliban= Golum effects.

Why?

This is the most fantastic of Shakespeare's stories. It includes magical creatures, a main character of the fantastical realm similar to Gollum in those regards. It has a great love story of two people and two groups coming together. There is alot of magic, especially due to the character Prospero. In the age of HP and LOTR films doing great at box office- why is Hollywood passing this over???

Any dinosaur movie coming into the city

Imagine Dinosaurs in a city enviroment!!!! 'Nuff said.

Fantastical remakes:

Clash of the Titans

Jason and the argonauts

Monster movies!!!! Go back to the old Harryhausen movies for ideas!

These are the types of movies to move into!!! Special effects opened ALOT of areas up! Fantastical books/children's books- HUGE HITS! Superhero film genre (particularly Marvel)- HUGE HITS! Transformers- HUGE HIT! Now, going back to the Harryhausen age of films? HUGE HITS!!!!!!!!! Why? What better to make one feel like a kid again than to have a film about dinosaurs in the city, or to see Sinbad encountering a monster or Tarzan in the jungle!!!

Point is: Continue looking to the PAST! And hopefully Hollywood will finally find where the $$$ is.

Can't believe I didn't think of this before......a fictional character on par with any ever created, IMO. Not a proven success in America, but even so....

tbaker01.gif

Tarzan, Sherlock Holms, and Marlowe are all getting new movies.

I love movies that are multiple stories. Those are fun most of the time, every once in a while you get some stinkers though. Like Tales From The Darkside: The Movie, Tales From The Hood, etc. What I always wanted was a movie that was made up of multiple shorts like the few I mentioned, but based on the stories from The Brothers Grimm, but for a slightly mature audience. Like Billy Goats Gruff. I was excited when I heard they were making one in the past called Brothers Grimm. Too bad it was about the brothers and them going through the adventures which was pretty weak.

better than nothin ill say.....

A few of my friends tried to get me into it and never fully could. When the characters did fight it was pretty badass, the problem was the makers went overboard with the backstory. Some of the fights with the main bad guys would last like 6-8 episodes simply because they were facing off just talking, and mainly out loud to themselves so people would know what led up to this. The major problem with that was, they already told us like 2 times before. I admit if done right it would be cool, not to mention I don't think they would have the excessive open monologue.

A few of my friends tried to get me into it and never fully could. When the characters did fight it was pretty badass, the problem was the makers went overboard with the backstory. Some of the fights with the main bad guys would last like 6-8 episodes simply because they were facing off just talking, and mainly out loud to themselves so people would know what led up to this. The major problem with that was, they already told us like 2 times before. I admit if done right it would be cool, not to mention I don't think they would have the excessive open monologue.

the story basically progressed through the fights....

thats what i thought was so interesting about it.

it COULD be done right... and i know half of it all should be changed(dinosaurs,nimbus cloud, blah blah)

the story basically progressed through the fights....

thats what i thought was so interesting about it.

it COULD be done right... and i know half of it all should be changed(dinosaurs,nimbus cloud, blah blah)

If they were to do it live action like it was rumored some years ago. The changes you know they would make, wouldn't it kinda ruin it for you and other fans though? I just think Hollywood once they got their hands on it would gut it and only keep a few things similar to the show.

i roll my eyes in some things in DBZ.... if they change it for the better im fine.

i dont care if the nit-picky fans would *****.

i roll my eyes in some things in DBZ.... if they change it for the better im fine.

i dont care if the nit-picky fans would *****.

Good to know that your not expecting a perfect translation. By the way, what in the hell ever happened to it? I remember off the top of my head, about 3-4 years ago there was talk about it being made into a movie. As well as Ninja Scroll. Now Ninja Scroll, that is one that I hope never sees the light of day. They would water it down so bad, not just the sexual scenes either.

A Halo movie or a good american Death Note might do good. At least I'd like to see it.

Another aspect of Dr. Who I forgot to mention was the fact that it could mimic the James Bond franchise. Numerous actors could play the role of the Doctor throughout the years since much of the series dealt with regeneration and different incarnations of the Doctor.

If the movies were done right, I see no reason why they couldn't span many years if not decades.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8oSGNg4-W-0

I don't know about the other studios, but Warner Bros, I think franchise options after Harry Potter ends are pretty clear: start tapping into the rest of Big Seven of DC's superheroes. Tap into Green Lantern, The Flash, and Wonder Woman. Just get the right people on each production and they'll have three franchises after Potter.

Personally I think they're not gonna start taking the DC superhero properties seriously until they get closer to the last Harry Potter movie, so maybe that's why they're not moving.

With these fantasy movies coming into their own, I'd like to see Anne McCaffrey's Pern books brought to the big screen. There's a lot of material to mine to get a full franchise going.

fox are just morans, first they f up the x-men series, but they are so blind they cannot see that it is the most open ended franchise ever with 3000 main characters they can choose from, X-men should never be a dead franchise

Agree. Aren't their other bad guys besides Magneto that can join forces and takes on other X-Men, like Gambit and other we haven't seen yet?

Can't believe I didn't think of this before......a fictional character on par with any ever created, IMO. Not a proven success in America, but even so....

Some stupid picture of Doctor Who[img][/quote]
Ahhh no, I don't know what he is...but he can stay away.

The studios are currently buying up any fantasy children's books they can find right now, hoping to get the next Harry Potter franchise started up. So many of these things are the same though...innocent everyman kid is normal, then suddenly discovers a secret world of nymphs and centaurs, and a villain that he/she is destined to defeat.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"