The Suicide Squad: General Discussion and Speculation

My problem with SS1 was that Enchantress just didnt fit as a villain. I dont think Adam would fit right either. Quin, Croc, Boomerang, Deadshot, what can they do vs a guy as powerful as Adam?

Exactly. That's why I'm hoping this is just one of those things that turns out to be painfully obvious BS that we all get a good laugh out of in a few months time.

The Squad should never have had to deal with such a grand scale villain in the first film, and to go in that direction again is just ridiculous.

Sounds like they really haven't learned from the mistakes of SS1....

Exactly. That's why I'm hoping this is just one of those things that turns out to be painfully obvious BS that we all get a good laugh out of in a few months time.

The Squad should never have had to deal with such a grand scale villain in the first film, and to go in that direction again is just ridiculous.

Exactly. Who tho is the question. I read one article where they said Scarecrow,. and an Arkham Knightish kind of storyline wouldnt be too bad. Smaller scare of course,. send the SS in to save a small city

I was recently listening to one of those DGA podcasts where the directors interview directors after seeing one of their films, and coincidentally, I listened to one where Gavin O'Connor was interviewing Jim Mangold after seeing Logan.

O'Connor shared some of Mangold's sentiments about just being numbed to all of the CGI that gets thrown on screen these days in CBMs and blockbusters and said that Mangold had found the holy grail with a film like Logan. So I hope he doesn't go through Black Adam because that would just not make sense.

That's good to hear.

And even beyond that:

1. You wanna give audiences a primer for Black Adam? Put his ass in Shazam. Doesn't have to be huge thing. Flashback of some sort, end credit scene, cameo. It can be done without over shadowing the lead character.

and 2. Didn't one of those articles with Geoff Johns make it sound like they wanted to make the movies feel more singular going forward, rather than cross pollinating the s*** out of everything? This would kind of fly in the face of that.

they did say Johnson's not there for long shooting wise, so maybe it's a cameo rather than a full on villain (kinda what the article said)

My problem with SS1 was that Enchantress just didnt fit as a villain. I dont think Adam would fit right either. Quin, Croc, Boomerang, Deadshot, what can they do vs a guy as powerful as Adam?

Agreed. They should go for a more grounded villain considering the movie squad line up they have.

The premise of the team allows for certain members to be replaced. I bet Harley, Deadshot, and Boomerang stay and everyone else goes.

I wasn't a big fan ^ wouldn't mind if he didn't return

I wonder if Suicide Squad 2 will even happen now given the backlash of JL

I wasn't a big fan ^ wouldn't mind if he didn't return

Yeah, but he is the leader and one of the core characters. It would be weird if he didn't come back. Maybe he could be killed off in the beginning and Deadshot takes over as leader.

As for Black Adam being in this, they could do a story like the recent rebirth series. The team is put together to retrieve a WMD that turns out to be Zod. Just replace Zod with Adam.

Last edited:
I wonder if Suicide Squad 2 will even happen now given the backlash of JL

I have to imagine that the backlash Suicide Squad got is more pertinent to the sequel than anything to do with JL.

Yeah but even so after the original backlash the first Suicide Squad got it makes me wonder if DC will even go through with a SS sequel? If they do then here is hoping the director he makes the movie his way

Which means he tells them all where to go if they try to get him to edit this movie and doesn't allow the crackpots at WB to try to make him re-shoot this sequel or that there are no cuts because that is what did JL in

But as for who the villain will be? If it is Black Adam then if The Rock Dwayne Johnson is still attached to the role if Rock is still playing him then if he shows up in Suicide Squad 2 as the villain then his villain obviously would have to live especially if Black Adam is supposed to show up in Shazam's solo

Yeah but even so after the original backlash the first Suicide Squad got it makes me wonder if DC will even go through with a SS sequel? If they do then here is hoping the director he makes the movie his way

Which means he tells them all where to go if they try to get him to edit this movie and doesn't allow the crackpots at WB to try to make him re-shoot this sequel or that there are no cuts because that is what did JL in

Given how much money the first made, they'd be foolish not to make a sequel. I imagine it's going to shot on a lower budget and make less than the first. If Fox could make The Wolverine after the reviled Origins film then anything is possible,

Given how much money the first made, they'd be foolish not to make a sequel. I imagine it's going to shot on a lower budget and make less than the first. If Fox could make The Wolverine after the reviled Origins film then anything is possible,

Good point, Wolverine in Jap actually made more than Origin.

Lower budget+break into the China market+Harley's Tshirt sales could give a similar profit even with lower b.o.

If Fox can recover from X3 and Origin and build from FCC, Wolverine, DOFP, Deadpool and Logan without rebooting the whole thing then WB can do the same, if the right people are making the call now.

If Joker and Harley do come back for the sequel then it would make sense given the Suicide Squad ending and they are both alive they didn't die

The premise of the team allows for certain members to be replaced. I bet Harley, Deadshot, and Boomerang stay and everyone else goes.

Harley and Deadshot you mean. Boomerang is replaceable. I don't think anyone will be replaced though and we'll likely get 1 or 2 new characters.

Im anxious to hear some news about this film!

I wonder if SS2 will do what The Wolverine did and ignore the first film and just have Waller with a new mission and a couple of new characters along with Harley, Deadshot and maybe Captain Boomerang. A more grounded sequel would improve on the first.

I'm at the very least interested to know how Harley ends up back on the team. There's not much else of a canon to have to dwell on for a sequel.

Yes I too wonder how would Harley wind up back on the team? Didn't she and Mr. J aka The Joker her Puddin' get away at the end of the first film...Mr J helped Harley escape

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
evilAIS
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"