Suicide Squad: General Discussion and Speculation - Part 18

Status
Not open for further replies.
You guys still remember when they released the first group shot and a lot of people were hating the costumes? Good times.

My buddy, huge comic guy, was one of the people completely turned off by that pic...then I showed him the trailers and his hype level went through the roof!

It was the R rating that caused BvS to get cut down. Ayer probably knew that he would have to make a PG-13 movie and that's why the Squad is fighting those zombie things instead of regular people and in Ayer's tweet where he denied the reshoots being for humor, he said that he's adding more action with the reshoots, which means a longer running time on the movie.

Recent MTV interview

“For an R movie, you have to decide to do it right out the gate, and that was never the case here,” Ayer told MTV News at CinemaCon’s Warner Bros’ presentation on April 13. “We were always going to hit the PG-13 rating. But the film is meant to be that. It’s got edge, and it’s got attitude. And it’s got its own voice… There’s a lot in the film that’s going to surprise people.”

Also

Though Suicide Squad undoubtedly skirts the edge off its PG-13 rating, that won’t stop Ayer from fighting for a much naughtier sequel. When asked if he would consider an R-rated follow-up, the director said, “It would be worth lobbying for.”

I hope Ayer makes a sequel for it. If not, and if Ben won't do Batman solo sequel, Ayer should try it himself.

[YT]6xHc_WIRsqI[/YT]

Loool at Joel going "Sad Affleck".! I'm loving the chemistry between this cast.

lmao nice burn by jai telling joel he is getting ready for the next robocop lol

He should've come back with a crack about Terminator. :yay:

Terminator/Robocop crossover. :woot:

I really hope Suicide Squad can challenge Civil War as the best comic book movie of the year.

I wonder if we will get a Waller connection to Checkmate or ARGUS? Or will TASK FORCE X be it's own thing in the DCEU?

heh
Nehemiah (Nemo) Knox ‏@Nemo19089 7m7 minutes ago
#SuicideSquad is becoming a Marvel movie, one trailer at a time.
CgD1oXTUYAAm-RX.jpg

Last edited:
lolollolol
It is funny that they have gotten brighter and brighter. I wonder if there was any thought in that or if it was just a coincidence

I don't think it became brighter and brighter. Very in tone with Queen trailer.

Has anyone else noticed that they haven't showed a shot of The Joker and Harley together in the same frame in the trailers yet? Kinda shocked, they're such a huge selling point for this movie.

I hope they save it tho ngl.

Has anyone else noticed that they haven't showed a shot of The Joker and Harley together in the same frame in the trailers yet? Kinda shocked, they're such a huge selling point for this movie.

They showed a photo. And I think Harley-Joker dynamic is one of the biggest intrigues of the film. I'm expecting them to show a bit of the psychiatry scene in the final trailer.

GIF_suicide_squad_joker_harley_quinn.gif

suicide-squad-trailer-one-5-margot-robbie-harley-quinn.jpg

NE36bTw3vDaS66_2_b.jpg

isn't there a shot of them in an apartment or something before transformation in the CC trailer?
Though I was confused because I didn't think we would see the Joker before his transformation....maybe it was someone else with Harley
Or its quite possible I have absolutely no idea what I'm talking about

There are scenes in the CC trailer in Arkham when Harley is being strapped to a table.

isn't there a shot of them in an apartment or something before transformation in the CC trailer?
Though I was confused because I didn't think we would see the Joker before his transformation....maybe it was someone else with Harley
Or its quite possible I have absolutely no idea what I'm talking about

Are you thinking of Rick Flagg with one of the ladies (Enchantress I think) up against the wall? (not that Wall ;) )

[YT][/YT]
Are you thinking of Rick Flagg with one of the ladies (Enchantress I think) up against the wall? (not that Wall ;) )

yes!! I couldn't for the life of me figure out who the "he" was but I thought the "she" looked like harley pre-transformation. thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"