Suicide Squad: General Discussion and Speculation - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Part 36

9fa039hj8i451.jpg

I wonder how the Snyder Cut going forward just how it will affect the DCEU continuity when it comes to this particular film in general if it even does at all?

Especially now that the Multiverse might be introduced and then Keaton possibly coming back...I wonder how Suicide Squad will factor in as far as HBO Max and the future going forward?

I wonder how the Snyder Cut going forward just how it will affect the DCEU continuity when it comes to this particular film in general if it even does at all?

Especially now that the Multiverse might be introduced and then Keaton possibly coming back...I wonder how Suicide Squad will factor in as far as HBO Max and the future going forward?

With the multiverse potentially happening, you can have your own head canon. The Snyder Cut and the Ayer Cut to me will be part of the DCEU and I'm going to ignore the theatrical cuts for both films

David Ayer released a page from his original cut of the film. He confirmed that this was shot and edited. While the dialogue isn't anything spectacular, it's the performances that I think will shine in his cut. I personally enjoyed Leto's Joker and I think incorporating him in the ending with Enchantress and the Squad as well as Katana and her sword will make the movie better. Both Joker and Katana were seriously sidelined in the theatrical cut.

20200720_145952.jpg

David Ayer released a page from his original cut of the film. He confirmed that this was shot and edited. While the dialogue isn't anything spectacular, it's the performances that I think will shine in his cut. I personally enjoyed Leto's Joker and I think incorporating him in the ending with Enchantress and the Squad as well as Katana and her sword will make the movie better. Both Joker and Katana were seriously sidelined in the theatrical cut.

View attachment 35925

Already sounds way more interesting than what happened haha.

In one month we should be getting our first look at the Squad in all their glory.

With the multiverse potentially happening, you can have your own head canon. The Snyder Cut and the Ayer Cut to me will be part of the DCEU and I'm going to ignore the theatrical cuts for both films

Plus with the multiverse I wonder how the Ayer Cut and Gunn's Suicide Squad will coincide with one another

Even though I feel Ayer has lost his touch, I still would’ve liked to have seen his original take.

Alls I know is the dialogue and delivery from Leto in the helicopter with Harley is ATROCIOUS! Anyone know if that’s a reshoot scene?

Alls I know is the dialogue and delivery from Leto in the helicopter with Harley is ATROCIOUS! Anyone know if that’s a reshoot scene?

I believe so because in Ayer’s original version he throws her out of the plane

Yeah, Ayer's definitely gotta be working on it, if that Joker tease is any indication. It's pretty much akin to when Snyder would drop a picture here or there before we got the official announcement of his cut.

Plus, frankly, it's nice to see a few seconds of Leto's Joker that were, for whatever reason, left on the cutting room floor.

Yeah, Ayer's definitely gotta be working on it, if that Joker tease is any indication. It's pretty much akin to when Snyder would drop a picture here or there before we got the official announcement of his cut.

Plus, frankly, it's nice to see a few seconds of Leto's Joker that were, for whatever reason, left on the cutting room floor.

Yeah he’s followed all the same steps

It absolutely is, you can tell because of the obvious wig. The hair looked a lot natural in earlier trailers, well because it was his natural hair. Most of the stuff in the movie is from reshoots which is a shame. :/

If Ayer Cut is a thing I don't expect it to change people's opinions. More scenes, but even so the basic outline is the same with Enchantress being the villian. Joker is still written by Ayer lol, so it'll be same style as the cut we've seen. we might get some better scenes, but Ayer already admitted he should've made him the villian, but it's not going to suddenly become this other vision he had planned. I'm excited to see more, but expectations are low and I hope it doesn't get hyped as much as the Snyder Cut is being hyped.

Last edited:
If it’s a slower burn, with a more serious tone. Joker has more scenes, a better performance and we actually see Quinzel’s origin as scenes instead of a montage (that quick shot of Joker laying down in bed with Quinzel sitting by him actually looked interesting). Then you have less forced jokes, a more natural soundtrack, references to Superman’s death in the first act and finally...ending it with that Wayne/Waller post credit hyping up the Justice League..

If ALL of that is what we’re getting. Even if we still don’t care for the villains or some of the dialogue...then that’s a win. And I can see THAT Suicide Squad movie working quite well as a bridge between BvS and ZSJL.

Does anyone know if Ayer ever shot a flashback between Batman and Killer Croc?

Does anyone know if Ayer ever shot a flashback between Batman and Killer Croc?

I don’t think so, from what Richard said the scenes that are there are the Batman scene but there are extra moments of dialogue and more with the car chase. There’s a video on YT with some of it...

I decided to rewatch it and to be honest... that after half an hour the only thing I can complain about is these strange colorful effects in scenes with the Joker and the Joker himself, everything else is ok, very good pace and editing, even those songs that are often criticized as an attempt copy Gunn's style are not that bad, in fact they add a good beat, the movie flies quickly.

Some characters are quite boring, but they fit in with the serious vibe that I prefer.

Last edited:
I really want to see Ayer Cut, this scene is underrated, I love it when Harley take off her "crazy" persona for a moment and is serious.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"